Who will be the Top 10 in 2A for Middle TN

RHS2006

Guest catfish-hunter

Alcoa is the 2nd best team in the state huh??? :D:D:blink:

Maryville and Fulton will both hang a loss on the Tornadoes record sometime this fall. The Rebels have beaten plenty of talented teams so please don't start all of that Dustin Lindsay & Brandon Warren talk. Unlike Alcoa both Maryville and Fulton can stop people defensively.

Goodpasture is the best 2A team in the midstate and the fifth best 2A team in the entire state behind Alcoa, Huntingdon, Westview, and Camden. CPA and DCA make the jump to 2A from 1A BUT outside of the Cougars there really isn't a team in the region that can beat them. Lewis Co. is really considered as a west-TN team now under the new region format because region 6-2A is a west-TN region. If anyone wants to consider the Panthers a midstate team then the same has to be done for Camden. Either way I see both of them being solid this fall. East Robertson and Fairview were both teams that advanced to the second round of the playoffs a year ago so it will be interesting to see how both of those programs perform against the privates. Richland has always been a JOKE but at the end of last year that changed. The Raiders lost close games against both Lewis Co. and Loretto that costed them a playoff berth. Their youth from that team is now experienced and they are a team that will enter 2005 with alot of motivation. Look for the Raiders to be a playoff team. A team that will challenge East Robertson as well as Fairview for a final playoff spot in their region will be Harpeth in my honest opinion. I know you all are laughing as you read this right now, but the Indians return all but one player. They have a lot of talented players who did not play last year and Doug Loope is a guy who was coaching at Harpeth when they were winning region 5-2A titles easily from 1997-2000. The 0-10 team from last year is a thing of the past in the eyes of those kids and I highly doubt that the program over there is about to become like the likes of Waverly, Loretto, and Richland (of the past decade).

1.) Goodpasture

2.) CPA

3.) DCA

4.) Camden

5.) Lewis Co.

6.) Smith Co.

7.) East Robertson

8.) Fairview

9.) Richland

10.) Harpeth

The midstate in 2A is strong at the top but after that teams become really suspect at best.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa is the 2nd best team in the state huh???  :)  :P  <_<

Maryville and Fulton will both hang a loss on the Tornadoes record sometime this fall.  The Rebels have beaten plenty of talented teams so please don't start all of that Dustin Lindsay & Brandon Warren talk.  Unlike Alcoa both Maryville and Fulton can stop people defensively. 

Goodpasture is the best 2A team in the midstate and the fifth best 2A team in the entire state behind Alcoa, Huntingdon, Westview, and Camden.  CPA and DCA make the jump to 2A from 1A BUT outside of the Cougars there really isn't a team in the region that can beat them.  Lewis Co. is really considered as a west-TN team now under the new region format because region 6-2A is a west-TN region.  If anyone wants to consider the Panthers a midstate team then the same has to be done for Camden.  Either way I see both of them being solid this fall.  East Robertson and Fairview were both teams that advanced to the second round of the playoffs a year ago so it will be interesting to see how both of those programs perform against the privates.  Richland has always been a JOKE but at the end of last year that changed.  The Raiders lost close games against both Lewis Co. and Loretto that costed them a playoff berth.  Their youth from that team is now experienced and they are a team that will enter 2005 with alot of motivation.  Look for the Raiders to be a playoff team.  A team that will challenge East Robertson as well as Fairview for a final playoff spot in their region will be Harpeth in my honest opinion.  I know you all are laughing as you read this right now, but the Indians return all but one player.  They have a lot of talented players who did not play last year and Doug Loope is a guy who was coaching at Harpeth when they were winning region 5-2A titles easily from 1997-2000.  The 0-10 team from last year is a thing of the past in the eyes of those kids and I highly doubt that the program over there is about to become like the likes of Waverly, Loretto, and Richland (of the past decade). 

1.) Goodpasture

2.) CPA

3.) DCA

4.) Camden

5.) Lewis Co.

6.) Smith Co.

7.) East Robertson

8.) Fairview

9.) Richland

10.) Harpeth

The midstate in 2A is strong at the top but after that teams become really suspect at best.

825685133[/snapback]

I'm confused catfish....how can Camden be the 4th best team in 2a in the entire state and also fourth in the midstate behind Goodpasture which you said was 5th in the state???....huh? :)

i see a lot of people putting CPA real high in there list..do they have a lot returning from last year? i know they lost sikes and the running back. they are still usually a really good team. should be a really good game when they open up with Boyd Buc here in chatt.(i believe that is where the game is)

Edited by reaction

I'm confused catfish....how can Camden be the 4th best team in 2a in the entire state and also fourth in the midstate behind Goodpasture which you said was 5th in the state???....huh? <_<

825685340[/snapback]

You'll have to excuse Catfish-Hunter, he thinks he's a football guru. This is the guy that picked Fairview over Camden in the playoffs last year. Wow...that was a close game.... :P

Edited by RHS2006

You'll have to excuse Catfish-Hunter, he thinks he's a football guru. This is the guy that picked Fairview over Camden in the playoffs last year. Wow...that was a close game.... <_<

825685349[/snapback]

:P don't forget about the Lewis Co prediction!...well I guess Camden finally proved to Catfish that they were for real. thumb

Edited by tamirrt

Guest catfish-hunter

One great season and the Camden faithful still don't know how to act I can see thumb

Maybe if the Lions can do it like the Milan's & Huntingdon's have been doing forever then I'll actually call them a great team. Until then the Lions are a team that will win a ton of games during the regular season only to lose badly in the quarterfinals of the playoffs to a real great team like Huntingdon.

Don't pat yourselves on the back too hard Camden faithful cause you might hit a nerve and bring back memories of those 47-0 & 55-0 drubbings that you suffered against Harpeth a few years back. Now those certainly aren't scores that define a great program and if you want to talk about the great wins from the PAST then I guarantee you that I can find some embarrasing losses that Camden has suffered against good competiion in the past as well.

i see a lot of people putting CPA real high in there list..do they have a lot returning from last year? i know they lost sikes and the running back. they are still usually a really good team. should be a really good game when they open up with Boyd Buc here in chatt.(i believe that is where the game is)

825685343[/snapback]

CPA's got a lot of the big guys back this year, but we did lose all of our skill players, Sikes, Landers(over 3000 yds in two seasons),our QB and both of our corners. Should be fun opening with Boyd down in the CHoo-Choo, I'll have to remember to bring Baldcoach a new hat. ;)

CPA's got a lot of the big guys back this year, but we did lose all of our skill players, Sikes, Landers(over 3000 yds in two seasons),our QB and both of our corners. Should be fun opening with Boyd down in the CHoo-Choo, I'll have to remember to bring Baldcoach a new hat. ;)

825687948[/snapback]

Heh,

I'll need one by then...wearing my old one out! We are very excited to have you guys down to the Swamp...so named not out of conceit but because that is what it is. Hopefully we will have some of our improvements done by then, but who knows...just be sure and bring your shotguns for the chicken sized mosquitos.

We lost all our skill players too...QB, TB, FB, and all our linebackers and DBs. But I still think it will be a great game!

Plan to stay a day or two and see the Aquarium and Art District. The mountains are nice too. :)

Hate to bust everyones bubble, but Smith Co. is going to take the 2A title this year. I hate Smith Co., but I have to give them the respect they deserve. Coming off a 12-2 season in 3A, I believe you boys will have your hands full with Maynord and the boys from the hole!!! Mark my word Smith is a State Championship team that could have won it in 3A last year if they had a couple breaks go their way.

Ben Gore

One great season and the Camden faithful still don't know how to act I can see thumb

Maybe if the Lions can do it like the Milan's & Huntingdon's have been doing forever then I'll actually call them a great team.  Until then the Lions are a team that will win a ton of games during the regular season only to lose badly in the quarterfinals of the playoffs to a real great team like Huntingdon

Don't pat yourselves on the back too hard Camden faithful cause you might hit a nerve and bring back memories of those 47-0 & 55-0 drubbings that you suffered against Harpeth a few years back.  Now those certainly aren't scores that define a great program and if you want to talk about the great wins from the PAST then I guarantee you that I can find some embarrasing losses that Camden has suffered against good competiion in the past as well.

825687931[/snapback]

Don't think Camden was picked to win any of those games though......