A-E job?

throwtheslant

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's official, Graham is the new Roadrunners coach.  It's in the Knox News Sentinel

825681139[/snapback]

I assume that this coaching hire will provide stability and player confidence from the start. All the guys on Stevens staff at AE seemed to be first rate.......... thumb

Yep Yep the gooch is at the helm. Anyone that knows him knows he will be successful. He always has been. Graham said he will make this a community team. He is a natural leader. He knows both sides of the ball very well. Only question I have is Stevens always had Graham to come to. Who will Graham be able to go to. On the current staff who will be the guy Graham could go to when he has questions. Stevens had great coaches with him; Speas, Walker, Stockdale but it was Graham when things get rough he calls on. Who will Graham have that has the knowledge and the stregnth to challenge him? AE will be very much the same in a lot of ways. Graham is tough and expects a lot from his kids. They will be very discipline. He has a lot of people around him that are very knowledgeble of the game. One of his good friends Chris Beatty coaches Landstown, VA the #6 team in the country whom he talks to frequently. Coach Dixon formely the WR coach of University of Florida and now at NC State is like family to him. And Scotty Dykes of Harriman High. Will Graham steal one of his best friends, Scotty Dykes, from Harriman? Dykes would be the guy Graham would trust enough to go to.

Dykes would be a great choice, but the drive from his paying job in Harriman ("Like a good Neighbor"). I can't see him making the choice to leave the area that buttters his bread to coach at AE. Although it would be a step up in coaching. Coaching does not pay his bills.

We are sorry for the loss of Coach Dykes Dad just recently. Hope the family is doing well.

Dykes would be a great choice, but the drive from his paying job in Harriman ("Like a good Neighbor").  I can't see him making the choice to leave the area that buttters his bread to coach at AE.  Although it would be a step up in coaching.  Coaching does not pay his bills. 

We are sorry for the loss of Coach Dykes Dad just recently.  Hope the family is doing well.

825684947[/snapback]

He was a great man. Coach Graham and Scotty Dykes are best friends. They played together at ETSU. Coach Dykes if I 'm not mistaken coached with AE from 99-01 (2001) the year they won the state he was the WR coach. Graham developed the passing game and Stevens coached the QB and Dykes coached the WR. Great combo. I did talk to Graham about Dykes. Graham said he would love to have his buddy but he is becoming a big part in the community and Harriman's program. He said he talks to Dykes all the time so he will get his coaching advise for free! thumb