DII State

yaya48

The D2 state tourney is shaping up to be quite the event yet again featuring many top teams from around the state. The format is as follows:

Father Ryan vs. ECS

MUS vs. Mcallie

BGA vs. Knox Catholic

CBHS vs. MBA

who wins these games and what are the scores? try not to be biased

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got Father Ryan over ECS 2-0

Father Ryan is just too much for ECS. ECS does not have a "go to" type player in times of need and Father Ryan will punch their ticket with a second goal late in 2nd half

MUS Vs. Mccallie...Hard to tell MUS has some injuries that I'm not sure about. Especially #10 who has proven to be a big time player in big time games. I don't know too much about mccallie except they've got some goal scorers which could prove to be the deciding factor, especially concerning MUS's injury status.

Who knows though, MUS may have had just some banged up players that are back.

I actually have BGA over Knoxville Catholic in a close one. I'll say 1-0. I know BGA has some goalscorers that can play in big games. I don't know too much about Catholic either; however they do have a history of playing well in the state tournament so this is also a toss up game.

CBHS over MBA 2-0. CBHS has too much talent and too many quality goal scorers for MBA to upset the #1 seed from the West. Plus CBHS has been here on numerous occasions and have the senior leadership. However note last year(USN upset) where a team with not much talk upsets a couple of teams and goes all the way.

Hopefully I am not totally wrong and make an idiot out of myself. Best of luck to all the teams. I am definitely going to catch every game possible.

Well here are my predictions:

First Round

Father Ryan vs. ECS- 2-0 Ryan, ECS doesnt have the overall team to keep up with Father Ryan

MUS vs. McCallie- 2-1 McCallie in OT, toss up?

Knox Catholic vs. BGA- 3-2 Knox Catholic, dont know much about either, should come down to the wire

CBHS vs. MBA- 3-0 CBHS, word on the street is that MBA is slow in the back, should be a cake walk for CBHS, plus they have something to prove from last year

Semi-Final

Father Ryan vs. McCallie- tough one to call, but I say Ryan gets revenge and wins 2-1 or 2-0

Knox Catholic VS. CBHS- 3-1 CBHS, they want another shot at the title, score 2 goals late for the win after going into the half 1-1

Final

Father Ryan vs. CBHS- in a game that could be the top final out of all classes, I am really not sure who to take, I think the game comes down to OT or to PK's which would be awesome if it were to end in OT, so with that said I am going to take Father Ryan 2-1 in OT

Well so far so good on my picks...but of course with some goal differential.

Semi-final: Father Ryan Vs. Mccallie. Ryan 2-0. Mccallie did not impress me AT ALL. Granted they played their game and beat MUS, but I believe MUS at full strength beats them 2 or 3-0. Thats my opinion however. Father Ryan did what I expected them to do except concede a goal. Even though Ryan lost to Mccallie earlier in the season they are still the better team and will revenge and punish mccallie for their earlier loss.

BGA vs. CBHS. CBHS 3-1. I wouldn't call BGA beating Catholic an upset but for them to beat CBHS would. BGA has talented players but not enough to undermine CBHS. CBHS manhandled MBA with their counterattack and should do the same against BGA. Too much speed and too many talented players.

My predictions: McCallie 1 Father Ryan 1 McCallie 4-3 in PK's. Patrick Johnson will continue his solid play, Crabtree will be a prime time player, and Coach Myers will come up with a solid gameplan "with that."

IN the other one. CBHS 3 BGA 0 Having played CBHS last year i know how good this team is. I expect them to come to play and dominate this game from the start.

Picks went well this time with a little scare there between Mccallie and Father Ryan. But after seeing the semi-finals heres my last prediction:

CBHS vs. Father Ryan - 3-1. CBHS is on a roll right now. They destroyed a decent MBA team. They destroyed a quality BGA team. And now its a question of who is next in line and it happens to be Father Ryan. I liked this matchup early on but seeing as how CBHS is playing right now I just can't see them being stopped. Again I am emphasizing that they have too many quality players than others can handle. They are attacking like they are not going to get another chance and they will do the same on Saturday.

Good luck to both teams!

My predictions: McCallie 1 Father Ryan 1 McCallie 4-3 in PK's. Patrick Johnson will continue his solid play, Crabtree will be a prime time player, and Coach Myers will come up with a solid gameplan "with that."

IN the other one. CBHS 3 BGA 0 Having played CBHS last year i know how good this team is. I expect them to come to play and dominate this game from the start.

825682678[/snapback]

PSAFOUR I was impressed with your predictions! I was at the Ryan -McCallie game and what can I say. It was like matching a heavyweight championship fight. Those two teams left everything on the field. It a game I shall never forget. All I can really say is WOW! Caught some of the action with CBHS-BGA. BGA was taken out early. I wish they could have made a better game of it.

I think that yaya48 and hhsoccerfan had some pretty decent predictions as well. I'm curious as to your thoughts on the Ryan-CBHS final.