Private schools

Or you can pitch a tent in Club K like most of the Goodpasture girls do.

825682144[/snapback]

Ok shut up and play, shut up and listen. We have a team of players that are dedicated to playing at the top level, anything wrong with that? We have a group of players that work year round to achieve goals, anything wrong with that? Most of our players don't attend Club K (some do) so you don't see many there now do you. Most go to Jimmy and Angela but I guess you just imagined seeing them at Club K now didn't you.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok shut up and play, shut up and listen.  We have a team of players that are dedicated to playing at the top level, anything wrong with that?  We have a group of players that work year round to achieve goals, anything wrong with that?  Most of our players don't attend Club K (some do) so you don't see many there now do you.  Most go to Jimmy and Angela but I guess you just imagined seeing them at Club K now didn't you.

825683915[/snapback]

I thought Shut Up was giving a compliment.

I see you avoided my other point.  The Public Ed system isn't good enough so the Private one was developed.  So we're separate in the Ed arena and funding.  So Privates shouldn't get the luxury to play sports with the publics.  You don't want to go to school with the Public kids but you do want to play sports with them.  What do you think about that?  It's kind of a double standard Privates don't want sports to be separate but they do want the school system to be that way.  Kinda calling the kettle black. thumb

825682454[/snapback]

Interesting you mention funding. Last I checked, parents who make the financial sacrifice to send their kids to private schools pay the same taxes for public schools as those that choose a public education. With that in mind, why should their kids be excluded from the "luxury" of an athletic league for which they have already paid?

Edited by mtnrasslin

Interesting you mention funding. Last I checked, parents who make the financial sacrafice to send their kids to private schools pay the same taxes for public schools as those that choose a public education. With that in mind, why should their kids be excluded from the "luxury" of an athletic league for which they have already paid?

825684518[/snapback]

That pretty much wraps it up for me. Good Point!!!!

McCallie, Baylor, the rest, aren't kicked out of the TSSAA, they're just in a different division, then in football, divided in the classifications.

825684529[/snapback]

Whether they have the great priviledge of being in the TSSAA is not the point. They have clearly been segregated into a different league, thus not being allowed the luxury, as RUBlind calls it, of playing in the public league.

The funny thing about all of this is that all of these silly rules are set up by adults who are trying to protect their various agendas. This kind of thinking starts early, as we adults, in our great wisdom, set up youth leagues for our kids where we don't keep score and everybody gets a trophy. The kids know who won and they also know the value of the trophies. We adults feel good about it though.

I do not know many serious high school athletes who don't want to compete with the best in their sports, whether public or private. For reasons I can't understand, we just won't let them.

lazarus,

Where do the public schools in Tennessee get the money to pay their dues? Unless they are getting the dues money from one of "Big John Fords" secret campaign funds in a Memphis district (with which he does not live) the dues money is coming from your, mine, Johnny, Buddy, Kendra, etc... tax dollars.

The public schools should have the best of all worlds: They get the tax revenues from students that do not attend the public schools. If all of those students decided to attend the public school the % of money per student spending would be down by a large margin and everyones taxes would have to be raised by a large % to cover the additional cost.

Whether they have the great priviledge of being in the TSSAA is not the point. They have clearly been segregated into a different league, thus not being allowed the luxury, as RUBlind calls it, of playing in the public league.

The funny thing about all of this is that all of these silly rules are set up by adults who are trying to protect their various agendas. This kind of thinking starts early, as we adults, in our great wisdom, set up youth leagues for our kids where we don't keep score and everybody gets a trophy. The kids know who won and they also know the value of the trophies. We adults feel good about it though.

I do not know many serious high school athletes who don't want to compete with the best in their sports, whether public or private. For reasons I can't understand, we just won't let them.

825684575[/snapback]

McCallie and Brentwood Academy could not follow the established rules. No public schools should be playing McCallie in the postseason, for example, when their best player in football last season was from North Carolina. No public school should be playing Chattanooga Temple in the postseason or in region play, when their best player is from Georgia. There is a clear divide now among the private schools playing in Class A, AA and the public schools, the results prove it. Why the eagerness to keep them together when it's a fact things are unequal?

Edited by Indian