Who the best Male Golfer this year

timbdp

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Nathan Cates from Polk County will be the best golfer in the state by far. He is only a junior and is already driving the ball 350 yards on a consistent basis. I have only seen him make par on one hole. He birdied and eagled on all of the other ones. There is no doubt, if he keeps his body healthy, that he will be on the PGA when he is done with high school.

Nathan Cates from Polk County will be the best golfer in the state by far. He is only a junior and is already driving the ball 350 yards on a consistent basis. I have only seen him make par on one hole.  He birdied and eagled on all of the other ones.  There is no doubt, if he keeps his body healthy, that he will be on the PGA when he is done with high school.

825690046[/snapback]

This post = exaggeration

There are several great young golfers in the state, the one that has proven to be above most though is Tyler Cassety from Jackson County. He will only be a junior next year, he was voted one of the top players in the midstate by the Tennessean, he also won the highly touted "School Days Tournament" recently, with only one match that was close. Just this past weekend he hit a hole in one in a tournament with the prize being a new Chrysler Crossfire ($35,000.00)but was unable to accept it. thumb

Guest thedragon
This post = exaggeration

825690104[/snapback]

No really i was out at the driving range last Tuesday evening and a van pulled up and a rather tall guy got out and when he was practicing he was driving it 300 average and i went back in the club house and when i was pulling out of the golf course he drove one past the 375 marker. No joke he is for real.

umm. no. neither of those two guys. never heard of them. looking more of the likes of the guns in chattanooga. harris english, derek rende, kyle cothran, don franklin... just to name a few. there are plenty of young ones too... fresh. and soph.

825689483[/snapback]

OH YEAH I forgot that Chattanooga Golfers are the best in the world.....I know before you say Hixson won state last year, but there are lots of other good golfers in the Chattanooga area and in the state.....

No really i was out at the driving range last Tuesday evening and a van pulled up and a rather tall guy got out and when he was practicing he was driving it 300 average and i went back in the club house and when i was pulling out of the golf course he drove one past the 375 marker.  No joke he is for real.

825690471[/snapback]

So what? Just because someone hits the ball a long way doesn't make him the best golfer, otherwise the guys that win the "long drive" contest on ESPN would be on tour! lol Cassety hits the ball 350+ but he has got the short game as well, thats what makes him so tough. His drives are straight down the middle every time and long, if a par 4 isn't atleast 400 yards long then he is either on the green or chipping and if anyone doubts this just watch the kid play. The first "major" summer tournament for high school kids in the state of Tn was a couple of weeks ago and he proved to everyone who was the best at that tournament. But golf is a funny game, there are alot of really good young golfers in the state and as those of us that play the game realize, on any given day even the best can be beaten. good luck to all the young golfers out there and always remember to respect the game. thumb

So what? Just because someone hits the ball a long way doesn't make him the best golfer, otherwise the guys that win the "long drive" contest on ESPN would be on tour! lol Cassety hits the ball 350+ but he has got the short game as well, thats what makes him so tough.  His drives are straight down the middle every time and long, if a par 4 isn't atleast 400 yards long then he is either on the green or chipping and if anyone doubts this just watch the kid play.  The first "major" summer tournament for high school kids in the state of Tn was a couple of weeks ago and he proved to everyone who was the best at that tournament.  But golf is a funny game, there are alot of really good young golfers in the state and as those of us that play the game realize, on any given day even the best can be beaten.  good luck to all the young golfers out there and always remember to respect the game. thumb

825690781[/snapback]

Obviously, you didn't read the part where I said he has never bogied a hole. Cates is the best golfer in the state and one of the best in the country.

Gaylon Cude(Sr.) from Hickman Co. is good.... Crews Barber from Lewis Co. ( So.) is also good, Andy Beckham (Sr.) from Wayne Co. is good.... Gaylon may be the only great one, but that sophomore from Lewis Co. is going to be a goood golfer! I don't really know anyone out of the middle tennessee area though.