CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McKenzie, Bruceton, Union City, and Lake County. All should do very well this season. Good luck Rebels!

825696100[/snapback]

The Rebels have the talent to be the region champs. Whether that materializes will be decided on the field this fall. McKenzie has an overall losing record against Bruceton, and has never beaten Union City. This could be motivation or it could weigh against them. Remember, we are dealing with 15, 16 and 17 year old kids. If the Red plays team ball, it could be a banner year for the Rebels.

• 2 weeks later...
The Rebels have the talent to be the region champs. Whether that materializes will be decided on the field this fall.  McKenzie has an overall losing record against Bruceton, and has never beaten Union City. This could be motivation or it could weigh against them.  Remember, we are dealing with 15, 16 and 17 year old kids. If the Red plays team ball, it could be a banner year for the Rebels.

825696129[/snapback]

UC has never lost to MCKenzie, Gleason Greenfield, Bruceton. There are others that UC plays that UC has not lost to but I can't recall them.

Boredguy, I must disagree with you that they will be a big dropoff from Union City and Mckenzie to Lake Co. I know the Falcons scrimmaged Mckenzie last year at Crockett Co. and held their own well with Mckenzie winning 2 TD's to 1 but the Falcons were able to run the ball at will on the Rebels. This year's Falcon squad will be even better with the return of 21 of 22 Offensive and Defensive starters from a team that was 8-3 last year. I guess only time will tell who wins this region.

825693205[/snapback]

I am a football player for Lake County. I think that Mckenzie is a good team don't get me wrong. And they'll be a handful when we play them. But they'll have their hands full with us too. As you know we're a tough team, and we lay down to noone. We had a good spring but that don't mean a thing. We could still get beat by Mckenzie but they won't win without a fight believe me. We'll just have to see. But i believe we'll win.

I have to change somethin I said. Mckenzie is a pretty good team, but we're better and we will win. Believe me. This is from the entire LC football team.

Edited by lc_football_78

ok im not tryin to be cocky BUT there is NO WAY Mckenzie will score 40 or more points against Lake County..... Personally, I think Union City and ESPECIALLY Mckenzie will be WAY overconfident and lose to the Falcons....I mean just because you drop to single A from double A dont mean your gonna run things..... As far as Im concerned, this region championship is coming through Tiptonville!!!!! Good Luck FALCONS!!!!!!

1. McKenzie

1a. Union City

3. Lake County

4. South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Fulton</a>

McKenzie very well might score 40 points a game in this region.  No one in this region has seen this kind of passing attack, and you can bet Hayes will eat defensive secondaries alive.  I do give Union City a very good chance to win it, with their athleticism and strength of schedule over the last few years.

There will be a clear dropoff from the top two spots to #3.

825693151[/snapback]

ok im not tryin to be cocky BUT there is NO WAY Mckenzie will score 40 or more points against Lake County.....  Personally, I think Union City and ESPECIALLY Mckenzie will be WAY overconfident and lose to the Falcons....I mean just because you drop to single A from double A dont mean your gonna run things..... As far as Im concerned, this region championship is coming through Tiptonville!!!!!  Good Luck FALCONS!!!!!!

825701752[/snapback]

You have no idea who is posting these things about McKenzie, do you? I'll help you out... Its NOT the players or the coaches. Its the fans and neutral spectators. No one on the McKenzie team is taking this move to 1A for granted. They work their tails off everyday in the weight room and on the practice field running so that they will have a chance at the region and possibly state title. You go ahead and think they'll be overconfident, I DARE you. You'll be the one going home with your tails between your legs then.

ok im not tryin to be cocky BUT there is NO WAY Mckenzie will score 40 or more points against Lake County.....  Personally, I think Union City and ESPECIALLY Mckenzie will be WAY overconfident and lose to the Falcons....I mean just because you drop to single A from double A dont mean your gonna run things..... As far as Im concerned, this region championship is coming through Tiptonville!!!!!  Good Luck FALCONS!!!!!!

825701752[/snapback]

Neutral observer's opinion here, but you won't keep Hayes from doing whatever he wants. Your defense has not seen this kind of aerial attack, and there's absolutely no way you'll be able to simulate in practice what you're going to see on game night.