Tennessee-Georgia All-Star Game

Pioneerman

From what i saw last year i believe that the knoxville area had maybe the best talent that its seen in a while! Now my qustion is who picks this all-star team? Seems a little bit unfair to me.... When you have teams like Maryville, knox central, knox halls, knox west, powell, and alcoa.... There is some geat talent at each of these schools....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i saw last year i believe that the knoxville area had maybe the best talent that its seen in a while! Now my qustion is who picks this all-star team? Seems a little bit unfair to me.... When you have teams like Maryville, knox central, knox halls, knox west, powell, and alcoa.... There is some geat talent at each of these schools....

825689812[/snapback]

One more time, it's put together by the host of a Chattanooga/Northwest Georgia cable sports show host, for the audience in the area. And it's not just football, it's several other sports. It's a great series of events. Those wanting something similar in there areas should get together and put on their own such game.

Nobody called it "Tennessee All-Stars", the name of the game is "Tennessee/Georgia Football Classic." Players are from both states. Are they the best players from both states? No. Does anyone associated with the game try to claim it's the best from both states? No. It's put on by a sports show host on Chattanooga/NW Georgia cable, so it's not for other areas of the state. Southeast Tennessee-Northwest Georgia All-Star football classic would be too wordy and it's not needed. Nobody is making an issue of the name except people who seem jealous they don't have a similar game in their own area. Get together and start one of your own and call it whatever you want. It's a showcase for tons of athletes-football, basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, and a reward for seniors on both sides of the state line, the name of it is a minor detail so get over it.

825689683[/snapback]

Tennessee/Georgia Football Classic

SE Tennessee/NW Georgia Classic

Jealous...hardly. Too wordy...look for yourself at the comparison. It really isn't a big issue with me. It is not a Tennessee/Georgia classic. Call it that if you want to. Now...the Tennessee/Kentucky Classic is just that. All of Tennessee and Kentucky are represented. All of Tennessee and Georgia are not represented. Just semantics...I suppose.

825689760[/snapback]

f you type SE Tennessee/NW Georgia, it's not too wordy, if you say the words Southeast and Northwest when talking about the game, it is too wordy. The focus shouldn't be on the title, it should be on how good a reward it is for seniors in several sports. Some of them will never play organized sports again, it's a good lasting memory.

Tennessee/Georgia Football Classic

SE Tennessee/NW Georgia Classic

Jealous...hardly. Too wordy...look for yourself at the comparison. It really isn't a big issue with me. It is not a Tennessee/Georgia classic. Call it that if you want to. Now...the Tennessee/Kentucky Classic is just that. All of Tennessee and Kentucky are represented. All of Tennessee and Georgia are not represented. Just semantics...I suppose.

825689760[/snapback]

f you type SE Tennessee/NW Georgia, it's not too wordy, if you say the words Southeast and Northwest when talking about the game, it is too wordy. The focus shouldn't be on the title, it should be on how good a reward it is for seniors in several sports. Some of them will never play organized sports again, it's a good lasting memory.

825689848[/snapback]

Like I said...it really isn't a big issue. How many times was those words said? Too wordy...probably not...misnomer...yes. Does it matter much...no.

This is just a few of the players I know that are going to college on Football scholorship I am pretty sure Indian or someone else knows more I think Caleb Skogen = Temple is going somewhere on a basketball scholorship.

825689779[/snapback]

Yes, Caleb signed with Mercer University to play basketball.

I also know that Kentucky is very interested in Caleb playing football for them.

Edited by oldtimeballer63

Maryville, Oak Ridge, Knoxville Area Schools should have a North Carolina, Tennessee match up just like the Chattanooga area Tennessee and Georgia and Tennessee and Kentucky. Let’s see we have seven states that border us we could have a lot of border wars so don’t just dis the Tennessee Georgia game because there is so many other states that probably would love a shot at the big orange. So go set it up.

I am going to try and be as careful as possible. Team Tn was so poorly coached and it was obvious. For example: Why is Akins trying to throw? He is a great athlete, a great runner, a great option qb and as tough as they come. But he is not a thrower, he is not even an average thrower and yet they got him in there way too much. He played four positions during the night, come on...I know his dad was the coach but this was just too much. Second, teh skogan kid runs a 4.4 beat everyone all week long in practice, had Kentucky offer him a spot on team at receiver, (is any other receiver on the team even playing college ball?) and they threw to him one time at the end of the game. The Boyd coaches are great fundemental teachers of the game, but they are not good play callers and they have tunnel vision about the game...run, run, run. It works great in single A, but not in all star games. Even the pass patterns were micky mouse, all you have to do is look at what Georgia did, look at their routes in comparison and the contrast makes my point. Bottom line both teams had great talent, Tn just got out coached...badly.

I am going to try and be as careful as possible.  Team Tn was so poorly coached and it was obvious. For example: Why is Akins trying to throw?  He is a great athlete, a great runner, a great option qb and as tough as they come.  But he is not a thrower, he is not even an average thrower and yet they got him in there way too much.  He played four positions during the night, come on...I know his dad was the coach but this was just too much.  Second, teh skogan kid runs a 4.4 beat everyone all week long in practice, had Kentucky offer him a spot on team at receiver, (is any other receiver on the team even playing college ball?) and they threw to him one time at the end of the game.  The Boyd coaches are great fundemental teachers of the game, but they are not good play callers and they have tunnel vision about the game...run, run, run.  It works great in single A, but not in all star games. Even the pass patterns were micky mouse, all you have to do is look at what Georgia did, look at their routes in comparison and the contrast makes my point.  Bottom line both teams had great talent, Tn just got out coached...badly.

825690159[/snapback]

You should have been more careful because your ignorance about Boyd's coaching is evident. It takes more than just teaching fundamentals to get a team to three straight championship games. Yes, they make some bad play calls -- coach Akins admits that. But, learning fundamentals are useless without good play calling and execution of the plays during the game. They take risks on some trick plays too -- ask Coalfield about 50 Nasty and see what they say about Boyd's playbook!

As a Temple fan, you should be the last one to talk about someone running a one-dimensional offense. sure, you had an obscene number of passing yards, but you really didn't prove anything against an absolute creampuff schedule last year. You couldn't beat Whitwell with it and barely beat Basin. What would Boyd have done with you?

BTW - it was a coach Akins led team that beat the GA team last year by about the same score. I don't know how they did it without the help of any of Temple's coaches or players! Just because you're ticked that they didn't throw it to a Temple player all night doesn't mean that you should bark up Boyd's tree. It's really convenient for you to, though, since you jump into the region after they've moved on.