Tennessee-Georgia All-Star Game

Pioneerman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i left it was 29-7 Georgia with like 2 minutes left or maybe left..was a good game. georgia passed all over the tennessee secondary..georgia also had a kicker who could hit it through the uprights constantly off kickoffs, but couldnt kick a extra point ;)

tennessee had plenty of times to get back into the game, especially on a drive that ended witha interception inside the 20..im sure people will post more, but im to lazy

Georgia beat us.

Their qb only missed about 3 passes. Still, the D regrouped in the second half and held them to 1 drive. The O had 2 good shots at the endzone in the second half but couldn't convert. The last Georgia TD came late in the 4th on an INT as the O tried to make something happen. Final 29 to 7.

Don't have complete stats but something like 16 to 7 at the half. 22 to 7 late into the 4th. 29 to 7 final.

It was an honor to get to coach some fine young men once again. Since Georgia seems to define N. Georgia as anything within an hour of the border, I am thinking maybe some Knoxville teams should get into the game and send some players...maybe some Murfreesboro teams too. Only 2 Ga players were from the 4 highschools close to Chattanooga, the rest were from Dalton and south.

The series stands at 1 and 1.

Georgia beat us.

Their qb only missed about 3 passes.  Still, the D regrouped in the second half and held them to 1 drive.  The O had 2 good shots at the endzone in the second half but couldn't convert.  The last Georgia TD came late in the 4th on an INT as the O tried to make something happen.  Final 29 to 7.

Don't have complete stats but something like 16 to 7 at the half.  22 to 7 late into the 4th.  29 to 7 final.

It was an honor to get to coach some fine young men once again.  Since Georgia seems to define N. Georgia as anything within an hour of the border, I am thinking maybe some Knoxville teams should get into the game and send some players...maybe some Murfreesboro teams too.  Only 2 Ga players were from the 4 highschools close to Chattanooga, the rest were from Dalton and south.

The series stands at 1 and 1.

825689589[/snapback]

The Georgia team sounded strong, especially at quarterback. We don't hear too much about the players except from LFO, Ridgeland, Dalton when they're good, so many didn't know exactly what would be coming. As a UTC fan I was glad to see Blue Cooper, Rome GA "athlete' do well. As for the distances, they probably expand that to get the schools considered on both sides relatively equal in number. Rome is a good distance from East Ridge, but so are Athens and Englewood in McMinn County and Coalmont in Grundy County. I would want to keep it Southeast Tennesee, it would give more identity as Chattanooga area than bringing in Maryville, Riverdale, others. No need, as proven last year.

Good point call it the Cat-nog-a Tennessee area All-Stars because is may be. East Ridge, who had 4-5 kids on this team, was like 5-5 last year and got pounded by Knox Central in the first round last year I think I remember.

It would be great for the Blount County Senior All-stars to play the Knox County Senior All-stars. That would be a game! Of course the game should be played the middle of Jan because then we would all be back from Murrfreesboro by then :angry: !

. I would want to keep it Southeast Tennesee, it would give more identity as Chattanooga area than bringing in Maryville, Riverdale, others. No need, as proven last year.

825689597[/snapback]

That's fine and dandy but don't call it Tennessee All-Stars because it's not.

825689626[/snapback]

Nobody called it "Tennessee All-Stars", the name of the game is "Tennessee/Georgia Football Classic." Players are from both states. Are they the best players from both states? No. Does anyone associated with the game try to claim it's the best from both states? No. It's put on by a sports show host on Chattanooga/NW Georgia cable, so it's not for other areas of the state. Southeast Tennessee-Northwest Georgia All-Star football classic would be too wordy and it's not needed. Nobody is making an issue of the name except people who seem jealous they don't have a similar game in their own area. Get together and start one of your own and call it whatever you want. It's a showcase for tons of athletes-football, basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, and a reward for seniors on both sides of the state line, the name of it is a minor detail so get over it.

[quote=Indian,Jun 12 2005 - 10:20 AM]

825689626[/snapback]

Nobody called it "Tennessee All-Stars", the name of the game is "Tennessee/Georgia Football Classic." Players are from both states. Are they the best players from both states? No. Does anyone associated with the game try to claim it's the best from both states? No. It's put on by a sports show host on Chattanooga/NW Georgia cable, so it's not for other areas of the state. Southeast Tennessee-Northwest Georgia All-Star football classic would be too wordy and it's not needed. Nobody is making an issue of the name except people who seem jealous they don't have a similar game in their own area. Get together and start one of your own and call it whatever you want. It's a showcase for tons of athletes-football, basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, and a reward for seniors on both sides of the state line, the name of it is a minor detail so get over it.

825689683[/snapback]

[/b][/color]

hmmmm....Check the heading at the top of the page and then go preach to them.

As for being jealous don't kid yourself. I would prefer to see state championship games instead of hack local all-star games with our of shape players. If it's a Tennessee all-star team then make it happen. If it's a local event then that's fine just don't sell it off as an all star event when in reality it's not....at least a state all-star event.

Hope the kids had a good time and nobody got hurt.

[/b][/color]

825689626[/snapback]

825689683[/snapback]

Tennessee/Georgia Football Classic

SE Tennessee/NW Georgia Classic

Jealous...hardly. Too wordy...look for yourself at the comparison. It really isn't a big issue with me. It is not a Tennessee/Georgia classic. Call it that if you want to. Now...the Tennessee/Kentucky Classic is just that. All of Tennessee and Kentucky are represented. All of Tennessee and Georgia are not represented. Just semantics...I suppose.

hmmmm....Check the heading at the top of the page and then go preach to them.  As for being jealous don't kid yourself. I would prefer to see state championship games instead of hack local all-star games with out of shape players. If it's a Tennessee all-star team then make it happen. If it's a local event then that's fine just don't sell it off as an all star event when in reality it's not....at least a state all-star event.

825689708[/snapback]

I wouldn't call this a hack local all-star game with out of shape players!

Players from the Tennessee roster

Ayanga Okpokowuruk = McCallie (Duke)

Gary Orr = Soddy-Daisy (Austin Peay)

Drew Akins = Boy Buchanan (Carson-Newman).

Tony Swafford = Hixson (UTC)

Josef Rutley = Tyner (UTC)

Team Georgia

Logan Coffey = Dalton (Navy)

Dorian Porch = Gordon Central (Virginia Tech)

Blue Cooper = Coosa (UTC)

This is just a few of the players I know that are going to college on Football scholorship I am pretty sure Indian or someone else knows more I think Caleb Skogen = Temple is going somewhere on a basketball scholorship.

Edited by Sequatchie