Spring Fling to Murfreesboro

mtnman

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a venue that can handle the spring fling tournament?

825688178[/snapback]

they've got plenty of fields...but no field of dreams like chattanooga....however, the fields that they will probably play at are better than the fields at Warner park...and anything is better than playing in mississippi

They will have to split them among their 2-4 field complexes, one of which hosts the Worth Invitational. Maybe slightly above average fields and facilities.

But as previously posted ....... ANYTHING is better than Mississippi. And don't forget that baseball was being played as far away as Millington. Not sure how Murfreesboro will handle baseball. Maybe at all 4 Rutherford Co. High schools?

Murfreesboro is centrally located in the state and will require the least amount of travel for the majority of the regions. I think it is the best choice for all involved.

I would have preferred the rotation to give places like Knoxville a chance, but the logistics would have been a killer.

I think it's great to have a centrally located spring fling.  I would think some of the softball will be at MTSU.  They have a very good facility.

825688286[/snapback]

Mcknight park, starplex, Oakland, Siegel, Riverdale and Blackman, all excellent complexes, also dont forget Fly park, down the street in Franklin. Fly park has 6 fields and connected onto it is Trinity park which has 3 fields, all at the same complex, right off I-65 and I-840. Tons of hotels. Excellent fields. Lots of warm up space.

Mcknight park, starplex, Oakland, Siegel, Riverdale and Blackman, all excellent complexes, also dont forget Fly park, down the street in Franklin. Fly park has 6 fields and connected onto it is Trinity park which has 3 fields, all at the same complex, right off I-65 and I-840. Tons of hotels. Excellent fields. Lots of warm up space.

825688377[/snapback]

Fly park would be the best place to play the tourney with the finals at MTSU just as they used to do at Warner and field of Dreams. Fly is the best facility in TN for a tourney of any kind.

But as previously posted ....... ANYTHING is better than Mississippi.  And don't forget that baseball was being played as far away as Millington.  Not sure how Murfreesboro will handle baseball.  Maybe at all 4 Rutherford Co. High schools?

825688207[/snapback]

they could be playing baseball in columbia