CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think someon here my be underestimating a couple of teams: Peabody and Dresden. Peabody has some very good young players and I think after a little transition with a new coach will be much better than most give them credit for so far. Dresden has most of its team back and all the key players are back. they had their chances to beat Humboldt, Camden, and Carver last year. With a years experience they may be able to finish some of those games. This is going to be extremely tough region and whoever makes the playoffs should be playing each other in round 2.

I think someon here my be underestimating a couple of teams: Peabody and DresdenPeabody has some very good young players and I think after a little transition with a new coach will be much better than most give them credit for so far.  Dresden has most of its team back and all the key players are back.  they had their chances to beat Humboldt, Camden, and Carver last year.  With a years experience they may be able to finish some of those games.  This is going to be extremely tough region and whoever makes the playoffs should be playing each other in round 2.

825694523[/snapback]

:D

Guest catfish-hunter
1.) Huntingdon

2.) Westview

3.) Humboldt

4.) Milan

5.) USJ

6.) Dresden

7.) Peabody

8.) Gibson Co.

The 2003 state champs (Huntingdon) will be out to prove something to all of the doubters that say they aren't even the best team in their region.  Westview is loaded everywhere and I expect a quarterfinal matchup between them and Huntingdon will be a classic.  All of this talk about Milan & USJ possibly being down and nobody is focusing on the team that won eight regular season games a year ago in Humboldt.  I expect to see Milan and GW Carver meeting in the first round of the playoffs this year (and it will be a tough one for a Carver team that has been beaten by Milan the past two years in the postseason).  USJ will not be bad, but they won't be a playoff team either.  Dresden was a playoff team a year ago but this region may be a little too tough for them this year.  Peabody and Gibson Co. should be looking to improve after terrible seasons a year ago.

825694053[/snapback]

I am now going to change my predictions because it seems that Humboldt's best offensive threat (that of course is Donald) is transferring to Liberty. Here are my new predictions:

1.) Huntingdon

2.) Westview

3.) Milan

4.) USJ

5.) Dresden

6.) Humboldt

7.) Peabody

8.) Gibson Co.

catfish-hunter, where are you getting your info from on this?

I am now going to change my predictions because it seems that Humboldt's best offensive threat (that of course is Donald) is transferring to Liberty.  Here are my new predictions:

1.) Huntingdon

2.) Westview

3.) Milan

4.) USJ

5.) Dresden

6.) Humboldt

7.) Peabody

8.) Gibson Co.

825695872[/snapback]

Guest catfish-hunter
What i want to know is....who does Huntingdon have back besides Boo Weathers and Chris Donald

825695958[/snapback]

Crocker (QB)

Snyder (LB)

Baker (DB)

McClerklin & McClerklin (DB)

Those five are just a few of the guys who played a key role in Huntingdon's great season a year ago and all of them return. I will admit that gone in the trenches are Ball, Townes, Kelly, Beal, Butler, Bush, and Belew (boy talk about a Magnificent Seven) but the trademark of Huntingdon football has always been to be physical up front so I expect that guys like Maurice Williams and Cedric Harris will lead by example and the Stangs will be just fine up front as the season progresses.

BTW, yall might want to watch out for a kid named Weathers (HINT: his nickname is NOT Boo).

I think people are assuming way too much about Milan. I look for them to be down this year. My early upset prediction for the season: USJ 21 Milan 14. Its never too early to get something started! :unsure:

825694034[/snapback]

Who knows, you might win. But I doubt it. Milan will pound the ball for 4 quarters on the ground and be successful.

what do the passing games and the defensive backfields look like throughout the region?

825692809[/snapback]

I don't know who the WRs are this year for huntingdon, but I do know that cody crocker's got an arm. cody baker's good too, but i'd take crocker as the passer on the team.