WHICh metro team is the hardest to beat for 2006?

HLHS

it is tough you have antioch with there running back and you have maplewood with there RB just ask whitehouse how hard he is to bring down then you have stratford they allways have a good team and them hillwood with there running back and then if they can get it together hunterslane with there QB and WR and mcgavo withe there rb....i think the best will be ANTIOCH there RB is to much to handle i just wish that they could play teams like whitehouse or lebanon so they can witness the true powerhouse metro team

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

The best metro teams this year are going to be Pearl-Cohn and Hillsboro. Maplewood will never be a great team as long as they are playing in a region with the likes of the other 4A metro schools. Hillwood may as well have enjoyed the past couple of seasons because now that they are in 5A some serious beatdowns are on the horizon. Stratford will be hit hard with gradueyation plus a coaching change so it might take a couple of years for the Spartans to get back to being a major 4A contender. Whites Creek has a new coach and he is not inheriting a wealth of talent in 2005. Hunters Lane and Overton will be solid as usual but also as usual they'll be home early in November.

So now the question is why Pearl & Hillsboro. The Burros were awfully young last year after being hit hard with graduation from those three state title game teams and Aydelott still managed to get those kids in the playoffs. Now that they are battle tested and both Hillwood and Stratford are really out of the way they might make another run towards the Boro this November. Pearl was also an awfully young football team last year and their final record was a wash after it was ruled that they had an illegal player on the field. The drop to 3A helps dramatically and I believe that the only team in their region who will beat them is White House (who is my pick to win it all in 3A in 2005). I already see a Pearl-Cohn vs White House showdown in the quarterfinals of the playoffs in November.

it is tough you have antioch with there running back and you have maplewood with there RB just ask whitehouse how hard he is to bring down then you have stratford they allways have a good team and them hillwood with there running back and then if they can get it together hunterslane with there QB and WR and mcgavo withe there rb....i think the best will be ANTIOCH there RB is to much to handle i just wish that they could play teams like whitehouse or lebanon so they can witness the true powerhouse metro team

825689951[/snapback]

Antioch and McGavock both had a very tough scheduele last year. Neither could handle it. Both teams lost very good players. Coker from antioch is gone and sure, they have a good backup, but I have seen a lot better. Neither of those teams will be tough to beat.

825689951[/snapback]

I agree that the RB for Maplewood was a load to bring down. He ran up and down the field last year and was nearly unstoppable, but one man doesn't make a whole team, JUST ASK MAPLEWOOD !!!!!!!!!!! White House 25 - Maplewood 16 ...

ANTIOCH has another RB who is good he wears #3 so its going to be the preston brown and #3 show,and is MAPLEWOOD getting there RB back patrick johnson and HUNTERSLANE they have a good QB and WR but they have get better in practice losing there linemen ,well they do have 2 300lbers ,and hilsboro did do good with a young team so they will be better but not the best,and pear-cohn i dont know about them

Guest catfish-hunter
Hey Catfish....last year you predicted us to lose every game and I think your record ended up being 1-12 against us.  Thanks for prediciting us to get beat up this season!!  LOL!  Defense...as far as Overton goes, they did not lose much at all to graduation I don't believe.

825691141[/snapback]

Congrats on ONE GOOD SEASON buddy thumb

This year is back to your normal losing ways Hilltopper boy :D If I were you I would not even bother to waste money on tickets this year because some of those games are gonna get awfully ugly for the boys in green and if you deny that then you are already stupider than what I originally believe at this point.

Congrats on ONE GOOD SEASON buddy thumb

This year is back to your normal losing ways Hilltopper boy :D  If I were you I would not even bother to waste money on tickets this year because some of those games are gonna get awfully ugly for the boys in green and if you deny that then you are already stupider than what I originally believe at this point.

825691465[/snapback]

OH MAN....with a prediction like that from kitty-fish...we should go undefeated!!

Guest catfish-hunter
OH MAN....with a prediction like that from kitty-fish...we should go undefeated!!

825691507[/snapback]

At least heading into the first week of the regular season :D:D