Alcoa Football?

Hoptown

Alcoa just rolled through everybody last year and the competition was really good. This year the competition is a bit weaker and it is the exact same team as last year....minus one player that actually contributed. You are going to have to make a game plan designed to shut down Dustin Lindsey if you want any hope of winning. Brandon Warren will rack up yards and TDs again this year. Logan Love is an impressive player as well. The defensive standout besides Warren would have to be Rae Sykes. He murders people on the field.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well hoptown i hope to be able to provide a little more in depth preview of ahs for you.

last season they were 14-1 and since 2000 have won 2 state titles with 4 semi-final games. they return all 11 on an offense that avg. 44ppg. the d returns 10 of 11. only 2 seniors on last years team.

Brandon Warren- 6'3 235 #5 ranked Ath. in country. 45 scholarship offers, including ut, fsu, lsu, miami, oklahoma, usc, ohio st. 43 cts. 783 yds-14 tds, 20 sacks

dustin lindsey-6'1 220 ut commit. 2337 yds rushing. 43 tds, 3023 AP yds

Joei fiegler- 6'3" 185 qb- 60% 2510 yds 28-7. 43.2 per punt- AP all-state. offer from vandy. strong interest from unc, southern miss, louisville, clemson, ohio u.

martin white- 6'3" 325 dt/t. offer from wake forest, vandy, possible ut, miss. state

rae sykes 6'4" 240 jr. DE- 110 tkls- #4 wk side end by rivals- offered by lsu head coach les miles

kyrus lanxter- 6'2 175 jr. wr- 26 ct. 702 yds 15 tds. 5 int. 3 kr td. strong interest from louisville, south carolina and wake

brian sommer- 6'1" 190 soph. wr- 22 cts. 445 yds-3 td. mvp miami camp, steve spurrier loved him at usc camp & continues to call about him

randall cobb- 5'9" 165 soph. qb/wr/pr- the most exciting player on the team- last season threw for 443 and 5 tds, and rushed for 136 as varsity backup

logan love-6' 205 fb/ss- 710 total yds- 9 tds- 4 int- possible offer from vandy

other players teaming w/ these guys include colton reid, mark avery, drew miller and bart hicks...this is a special team. best at ahs since nat. ranked (#4) team

Guest catfish-hunter

If you throw the ball you will have tons of success against Alcoa because Huntingdon had people running wide open in the Tornadoes secondary last year in the Boro.

Outside of that Alcoa is talented everywhere and if you make a mistake they'll make you pay for it.

As far as Fulton goes, both them and Maryville will beat Alcoa in 2005 because of the Tornadoes inability to stop people.

well hoptown i hope to be able to provide a little more in depth preview of ahs for you.

ILuvSports, Thank you for the information, if's all that information is correct, man you guy's have something very special.  Sounds to me they are the Oak Hills of football, for a school to have a total populatin around 400 and they all of those studs Wow!  I don't know if we can play with you or not but one thing I will say is that Hoptown will play hard and you will see a ton of speed.  All 11 startes on defense run under  5.0 fortys. I would guss (could be wrong) that this will Alcoa's fastest team they will play this year. I think both teams will benefit from playing each other.  I just hope will survive without any injuries and play competitive.  Good luck!1

last season they were 14-1 and since 2000 have won 2 state titles with 4 semi-final games.  they return all 11 on an offense that avg. 44ppg. the d returns 10 of 11.  only 2 seniors on last years team.

Brandon Warren- 6'3 235 #5 ranked Ath. in country. 45 scholarship offers, including ut, fsu, lsu, miami, oklahoma, usc, ohio st.  43 cts. 783 yds-14 tds, 20 sacks

dustin lindsey-6'1 220 ut commit.  2337 yds rushing. 43 tds, 3023 AP yds

Joei fiegler- 6'3" 185 qb- 60% 2510 yds 28-7. 43.2 per punt- AP all-state.  offer from vandy.  strong interest from unc, southern miss, louisville, clemson, ohio u.

martin white- 6'3" 325 dt/t.  offer from wake forest, vandy, possible ut, miss. state

rae sykes 6'4" 240 jr. DE- 110 tkls- #4 wk side end by rivals- offered by lsu head coach les miles

kyrus lanxter- 6'2 175 jr. wr- 26 ct. 702 yds 15 tds. 5 int.  3 kr td.  strong interest from louisville, south carolina and wake

brian sommer- 6'1" 190 soph. wr- 22 cts. 445 yds-3 td. mvp miami camp, steve spurrier loved him at usc camp & continues to call about him

randall cobb- 5'9" 165 soph. qb/wr/pr- the most exciting player on the team-  last season threw for 443 and 5 tds, and rushed for 136 as varsity backup

logan love-6' 205 fb/ss- 710 total yds- 9 tds- 4 int- possible offer from vandy

other players teaming w/ these guys include colton reid, mark avery, drew miller and bart hicks...this is a special team.  best at ahs since nat. ranked (#4) team

825691476[/snapback]

If you throw the ball you will have tons of success against Alcoa because Huntingdon had people running wide open in the Tornadoes secondary last year in the Boro.

Outside of that Alcoa is talented everywhere and if you make a mistake they'll make you pay for it. 

As far as Fulton goes, both them and Maryville will beat Alcoa in 2005 because of the Tornadoes inability to stop people.

825691478[/snapback]

Most people consider our secondary the weak point of the team but we will have 3 upper classmen and some outstanding athletes back their( Sr. Logan Love & Jr. Kyrus Lanxter at safeties) (Jr. Alex Green at corner) the other corner is still up for grabs with people like Randall Cobb and Brian Sommers competing for it

Most people consider our secondary the weak point of the team but we will have 3 upper classmen and some outstanding athletes back their( Sr. Logan Love & Jr. Kyrus Lanxter at safeties) (Jr. Alex Green at corner) the other corner is still up for grabs with people like Randall Cobb and Brian Sommers competing for it

Come on now. We all know Sommers won't play corner. He is born and bred reciever. Randall would make a great corner, but he'll have the size problem Richeon had to fight. Alcoa's probably going to play Lanxter only one way being at WR too. We'll have to see who could step in as the other safety.

Having watched them last year I can say just one thing, the Hoptown QB has about 2 seconds to get rid of the ball.  If his line does not defend him hard, then he is gonna be sacked.  Alcoa's safeties can be soft as not many have the time to test them.

825691811[/snapback]

That's a good observation. The D-line is going to be ferocious this year. Brandon and Rae have both increased their quickness and agility two-fold. The linebacker corp should be tenacious. There are many incredible atheletes playin LB this year for Alcoa. Look for the secondary to make an improvement. Much like Vol football, the secondary was sort of the thorn in the Alcoa Defense's side last year. Don't believe for a second that the secondary didn't take notice. The CB's and Safeties should be ready to roll this year.

Alcoa-Maryville Football camp will be a huge tell-tell of where Alcoa players are compared to Maryville, Fulton and many other East Tennessee football programs.