DB vs. ELIZABETHTON - WEEK '0' - AUG 19TH

GLee

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the 12 Players that scored TD's last season, 2 return. I know 1 is Coty Sensabaugh, the other must be Bo Burton (not sure about though)...Bo got in a couple of games late and, well, he has got quicks, I think he scored against North or South last year... Somebody check me on that, please. It's ok to hurt my feelings if I'm wrong.

Betsy Fans, give us your Team Returner's, Offense and Defense..

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825717153[/snapback]

Burton scored late on a long run against North. Hard to believe he and Coty are the only two returning players that scored, but I can't think of another one off the top of my head. If that's true Hayes scored as many or more TD's while playing defense than any of our returning players scored on offense. :o

Ok Football Fans... it's dang near time to get the Jimmy Leg!!

Whew.. I heard the G-Man on 910 AM tonight with a couple of very huge statements regarding the 2005 Team for the Indians. Only 4 Starters return for the Tribe on Offense and only 4 Starters retrun for the Tribe on Defense. That in itself is a major undertaking. Especially when you are talking about the Greatest All-Time Passer in Duran Duran Ferguson and possibly the Greatest Tandom Wide Outs - Lamon Williams and Daryl Purple Hayes. Add this to the task at hands for this young DB Team. Of the 12 Players that scored TD's last season, 2 return. I know 1 is Coty Sensabaugh, the other must be Bo Burton (not sure about though)...Bo got in a couple of games late and, well, he has got quicks, I think he scored against North or South last year... Somebody check me on that, please. It's ok to hurt my feelings if I'm wrong.

Betsy Fans, give us your Team Returner's, Offense and Defense..

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825717153[/snapback]

Offense

QB-Weston Jeffers Sr.

RB-James Peterson Sr.

FB-Josh Hutchins (Starter Justin Harmon out with ankle injury) both Jr's

WR-J.C. Atkinson Sr.

WR-Ryan Kennedy Sr.

TE-Charles Peters Sr.

LT-Logan Hyatt Sr.

LG-Zack Potter Jr.

C-Josh Arnold Jr.

RG- John Morrow Jr.

RT- Travis Bishop Jr.

Defense

DE- Logan Hyatt Sr.

DE- Justin Conner Sr.

DT- David Lyons Sr.

LB- Adam Grindstaff Sr.

LB-Chris Hubbard Jr. (Justin Harmon ankle)

LB- Brent Shaver Jr.

SS- Charles Peters Sr.

SS- Josh Hutchins Jr./ James Peterson Sr.

CB- J.C. Atkinson Sr.

CB- Austin Taylor Jr.

FS- Preston Smith Jr.

Returners- J.C. Atkinson and Ryan Kennedy both Sr's

Wow... Are all of those Elizabethton Players... returners? If so, DB may be in trouble. I hope not. I know that the Cyclones started the 2004 Season as a very young team (much like this DB team), but man, when they hit mid-season they really got on a roll. Truth be told, that's what I expect from this DB Indians Team, they may not be world beaters Week 0 or Week 5, but come Playoff time, Region 2 5A will have their hands full of some Spear Chuckers. One thing I like about this DB team more than anything, they don't expect to be given a free pass (you had that feeling in the last couple of years), these boys are fired up, know they are Underdogs, and will take every opponent one at a time.

20 Mins and it's 2 days till kickoff

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

All those listed were not starters but did play significant minutes. I'd say we return probably seven on both sides of the ball that started. Biggest shoes to fill are Derek Naves at LB and TE. Most all starters back at the skill positions for EHS.

You better cover our receivers, they can go the distance.

As for parking/time to arrive, I would suggest getting there at least an hour before kickoff and you should be able to find parking on a neighborhood street within a few blocks or park in the Ingles parking lot and walk up the hill for easy access in and out.

Edited by CyclonePride

Wow... Are all of those Elizabethton Players... returners?  If so, DB may be in trouble. I hope not. I know that the Cyclones started the 2004 Season as a very young team (much like this DB team), but man, when they hit mid-season they really got on a roll. Truth be told, that's what I expect from this DB Indians Team, they may not be world beaters Week 0 or Week 5, but come Playoff time, Region 2 5A will have their hands full of some Spear Chuckers. One thing I like about this DB team more than anything, they don't expect to be given a free pass (you had that feeling in the last couple of years), these boys are fired up and know they are Underdogs, and will take every opponent one at a time.

20 Mins and it's 2 days till kickoff

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825717980[/snapback]

I know you aren't saying they are underdogs against Elizabethton.

Edited by CountryBoy4Life

All those listed were not starters but did play significant minutes.  I'd say we return probably seven on both sides of the ball that started.  Biggest shoes to fill are Derek Naves at LB and TE.  Most all starters back at the skill positions for EHS.

You better cover our receivers, they can go the distance.

As for parking/time to arrive, I would suggest getting there at least an hour before kickoff and you should be able to find parking on a neighborhood street within a few blocks or park in the Ingles parking lot and walk up the hill for easy access in and out.

825718000[/snapback]

Or try 1 1/2 hrs. before and park closer in the neighborhoods. You won't get a ticket unless you block a drive-way. Good luck......