Who Would Win: Maryville vs. Oak Ridge

Guest rip25

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can argue this point all we want, but until Maryville moves up to 5A or Oak Ridge moves down to 4A all we can do is speculate. The only team that realisticly can do that is Maryville, because you can move up not down. Yes each team could schedule the other one but neither team really has any reason to do so.

Yeah. They are two different animals. But I see Maryville as an exceptional 4A team that can whip most 5A teams any friday night in the fall.

I think the one thing historically that Oak Ridge has in this arguement over Maryville is that with all of Maryville's success vs. Oak Ridge's success, Maryville's has been at the lower classifications. When there were three classification OR was 3A, Maryville was 2A. When they went to 5A, Maryville was 4A. So to make the above argument has no merit. Maryville has no history to back that up.

If Jefferson Co didn`t have a scrimmage the same day, I`d be there. Hopefully we`ll get good reports from you guys who go.

825694315[/snapback]

Hmmm...wonder what site would be a good source for that kinda coverage...hmmm

I think the scrimmage will suffice for now. We'll find out the rest in 2009 thumb

Y'all think the scrimmage proves nothing and to a certain extent, you may be right. Those teams don't like each other much though, so it indicates a lot more than you'd imagine.

I personally will accept its outcome as what would probably happen in a real game.

I personally will accept its outcome as what would probably happen in a real game.

Yeah a scrimmage is a true indicator. Not!

Both teams when on offense typically get 10-12 plays at first. If you don't get a first you just start over. After the 10th or 12th play you get a chance to drive the ball, as long as you get a 1st down you keep it.

No special teams.

If you have a turn over you just get it back if the other team doesn't score.

No clock management.

And if you go by that then all the people saying that Maryville could play with Riverdale are crazy. Oak Ridge beat Maryville in their scrimmage last year and Riverdale beat Oak Ridge 42 - 28 in a real game. So that means Riverdale would crush Maryville. I don't think that would be the case, but that's what you are saying if you think a scrimmage is a true indicator.

Funny how fans can twist their views when it comes to their team. Like I stated before, unless Maryville decides to move to 5A, or Maryville or Oak Ridge puts the other on their schedule than all they can do is speculate.

Even though it would never happen, I think it would be great if after the State Championships they had an ultimate championship.

5A Champ vs. 4A Champ

3A Champ vs. 2A champ

1A Champ vs. 2A runner up.

Edited by extremefury

Hey?!! Stat boy!! Calm down. Did I say YOU will accept the outcome??!! NO!! I said I will accept the outcome....since I seem to know more about the rivalry between these two teams than you.

I don't think yer gonna be able to change MY mind...so take your stats and scrimmage rules and have a stats and scrimmage rules party...elsewhere :angry:

Maryville would most likey win at least 2/3 of the games because they have a great program. Also, Oak Ridge doesnt have unlimited talent. Maybe every 4 or 5 years they would have a exceptional class with lots of talent. But i still see Maryville coming out on top in the series.

ALCOA TRADITION

825693993[/snapback]

O.R. last year would have beat Maryville and this year early on I'd again give the nod to O.R again.

I honestly think that in high school football whoever has the best players will win 90% of the time. So, if somebody wins a scrim by 2 TDs or more, I would consider it a high probability that they would either win by MORE in a real game or at the very least WIN a real game. Sometimes teams are pretty evenly matched so it actually IS difficult to tell who might win a real matchup.