How Good will Jeff County be this year?

ScoutOne4U

Jeff County's Shiverdecker goes to Alcoa

PrepXtra's leading rusher last year big addition to state 2A champions

Chris Shiverdecker and his PrepXtra-leading 1,700 yards are headed south.

The junior did not participate in workouts Monday at Jefferson County High School and has enrolled at defending Class 2A state champion Alcoa.   

So Jeff Co fans whats the real deal on this transfer?  Is this a major blow to your program?

The paper said your coach didn't know.  That's really sad that the kid did not inform his coach. :lol:

825705995[/snapback]

Sounds like there might have been some personal issues????????Especially for someone not to tell there coach.........

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like there might have been some personal issues????????Especially for someone not to tell there coach.........

825705997[/snapback]

So Alcoa now has a Senior back Lindsey who was the 2A Offensive MVP w/ 1,377 Yards last season and

Shiverdecker a Jr the Knox region PrepXtra rushing Champ with 1,726.

WOW! What a backfield! They might give Maryville a scare this year. I'm going to be at that game.

Edited by rigger101

So Alcoa now has a Senior back Lindsey who was the 2A Offensive MVP w/ 1,377 Yards last season and

WOW!  What a backfield! They might give Maryville a scare this year.  I'm going to be at that game.

825705999[/snapback]

I take it your from Alcoa????????and your trying to get under the skin of the people from Jefferson County,right???????????

Edited by Bledsoebtheboys

I take it your from  Alcoa????????and your trying to get under the skin of the people from Jefferson County,right???????????

825706000[/snapback]

No! From Knoxville!

I'm just shocked that Jeff Co lost such an outstanding back. I've watched them in the past and they have had a great program.

With the addition of this kid to the already loaded Alcoa team, I would put them as a favorite to go undefeated.

No!  From Knoxville! 

I'm just shocked that Jeff Co lost such an outstanding back.  I've watched them in the past and they have had a great program. 

With the addition of this kid to the already loaded Alcoa team, I would put them as a favorite to go undefeated.

825706003[/snapback]

This will certainly give there team another option, since they already have so many........I would also be willing to bet that they will go undefeated too.........

Fri Aug. 19 Hopkinsville, KY Trigg County, KY

Fri Aug. 26 Maryville

Fri Sep. 2 CAK R

Fri Sep. 9 at Fulton

Fri Sep. 16 at Loudon R

Fri Sep. 23 at McCallie

Fri Sep. 30 Wartburg R

Fri Oct. 7 at Rockwood R

Fri Oct. 14 at Sweetwater R

Fri Oct. 21 Oliver Springs R

I take it back! They really have a tuff schedule!

I don't know about the team in Hoptown but Maryville, McCallie and Fulton are the real deal. If they beat any of the three it will be considered upsets.

I think they will win at least one of those. I would like to see them beat McCallie.

Then eceryone could really start the debates on D-1 vs D-2.

Good luck to little Alcoa with all the big talent.

WOW!  What a backfield! They might give Maryville a scare this year.  I'm going to be at that game.

825705999[/snapback]

The question I keep asking that has not been answered is will they play at the same time? If so one will have to move to fullback and replace three year starter Logan Love and if that happens how will that sit with him? Otherwise it will add depth but will not force teams to face Lindsey and Shiverdecker at the same time. Might have more of an impact on defense this year.

The question I keep asking that has not been answered is will they play at the same time? If so one will have to move to fullback and replace three year starter Logan Love and if that happens how will that sit with him? Otherwise it will add depth but will not force teams to face Lindsey and Shiverdecker at the same time. Might have more of an impact on defense this year.

825706010[/snapback]

Maybe Alcoa is going to the wishbone this year. :lol:

It does give them two backs to run in plays though. Will be interesting to see which back they put in for the long yardage situations though.

'If' I was an opposing coach, I would have someone at least at one of their games to 'scout' it out though.