How Good will Jeff County be this year?

ScoutOne4U

Jeff has the best running back in Tennessee in Chris Shiverdecker. Will that be enough? UT better take a good look at this kid. I am surprised they let so many great ones get away from this area, like Upton to Penn State and Jennings to Vanderbilt. What are your thoughts on JCFootball?

Edited by ScoutOne4U

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
you idiot, why did you have to put "best"?

825695081[/snapback]

Just my opinion. I think time will show what I believe to be true. If Shiverdecker avoids injury in the next two years, he will break all the records. With a little bulking up, he could be a future big time college player and make a run for the Heisman. You may think that makes me an idiot, but maybe I have learned to "scout" these kids at an early stage of their development. Time will tell. ;)

It would be great if we could keep to one Jefferson Co thread, makes things a lot easier.

825695092[/snapback]

Yeah, well you have to keep the folks from getting the thread deleted, that would make it easier to keep a thread going.

Edited by raiderray

Yeah, well you have to keep the folks from getting the thread deleted, that would make it easier to keep a thread going.

825699646[/snapback]

I was out last week and I come back and can't find the other thread, has it been closed? I did get a chance to pull it up one day and did not like what I was reading. While I was reading it my son read it as well.

My son plays for the Patriots and after about 10 minutes of reading it he walked away very hurt and angry. Trust me these kids know what challenge lies ahead for them but that's the cards that's been dealt to them. What made him so mad was that everyone has already given up on them. Also a comment was made that there is no leadership on the team. He said " Dad I haven't seen 1 person in the weight room but players and coaches so how can they say that?" Someone want to answer that? Not to me but to the kids?! True there are very few Seniors on this team, my son being one, but that does not mean there isn't leadership.

As far as players quitting or being "ran off", true that has taken a toll as well. But this is my take on it not my son's. Every kid that has quit or been "run off" made that decision. It was their decision to make and theirs alone, true some may of thought they had no other options. My son wants to play ball and he knows that to do that he has to play for the Coach who is in charge so regardless of what may be said or done by a coach or other players he has to stick it out to play.

I realize this is a message board for people to give their opinions and vent frustrations, I've done it as well on topics but at the same time these kids that we are talking about or as some say in the best interest of the kids and program may and do read Coach T. I'm not saying this just because my son is on the team but it does sting a little more because he is. I urge you to think about that before you post what you don't know and if it is fact, which some of it is, maybe it doesn't pertain to all players. Just keep that in mind before you it the keypad.

Patriot supporter regardless!!!!!!!

825699646[/snapback]

The threads get closed because the talk always changes from on the field stuff to the coaches. I tried talking football in the last thread, but someone always brings up players quiting and things go from there.

The thread got deleted because I requested a moderator to close it. Sandman is right......kids religiously read the T. You folk can tear a program to shreds with your "observations and opinions." Not only are many of your words hurtful to the players, but they are hurtful to the coaches and their families. Coach U has a daughter that goes to Jeff cty. Now I don't know about any of you...but I would not want my daughter to read such pompous drivel by the so called "loyal" fans.

Get behind the team...offer encouragement. Sandman, you are doing it the right way. What a RELIEF that someone there has some brains.

GO JEFFERSON COUNTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

The thread got deleted because I requested a moderator to close it.  Sandman is right......kids religiously read the T. You folk can tear a program to shreds with your "observations and opinions." Not only are many of your words hurtful to the players, but they are hurtful to the coaches and their families. Coach U has a  daughter that goes to Jeff cty. Now I don't know about any of you...but I would not want my daughter  to read such pompous drivel by the so called "loyal" fans.

Get behind the team...offer encouragement. Sandman, you are doing it the right way. What a RELIEF that someone there has some brains.

GO JEFFERSON COUNTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

825699835[/snapback]

Thanks priceless!

Now let's encourage the kids we have and give them our support into the season. Let's talk about what we can do for the kids we have left in the program and how we can help them feel good about their team and the County they represent. I realize everyone wants the Patriots to succeed no one wants them to fail so let's not fail them by giving up before it starts.

The schedule is a tough one, the toughest in years that I can remember especially the first half of the season. If we get through it at 500 I consider that and accomplishment in itself. Games are played on Friday night where anything can happen as I have stated before.

Head to Dumplin Valley on Friday nights and get behind these kids, what else is there to do on a Friday in Jeff. Co.???????