MoTown West

MaroonDevil

Bmart...my son just told me who you are.

I hope all goes well for your son at the next level. That is when it becomes more like a business for the kids.  However, it still needs to be fun.

But only a few kids get that oppurtunity. The rest of them are just playing for the because they enjoy it. So it is a different kind of fun for them.

I have told mine to enjoy his senior year and do the best he can. He has learned a lot from the Trojan coaching staff the he will use at the D1 level.

I just hope he continues to enjoy the game.

825708855[/snapback]

In return, I know who you are now! Your son will do great at the d1 level in the fall of 2006. As I have been involved with football at various levels in hamblen county for years, I sometimes question when a parent starts talking about fun.

Time and time again I have seen situations where parents convince their child to only worry about having fun and diminish their competetitive desire to the point the kid doesn't think about winning but rather just being on the team.

Of course I know you and your son are not even close to this. Fun and love for the game comes from the heart, as we know. Most kids consider playing x box or hanging out with their friends fun - not sprints, tackling and blocking drills and injuries in 90 degree heat. Hence, my definition of fun is somewhat skewed.

Anyway tell your son I will be watching and supporting him this year from our regular spot at Burke Toney! Also to concentrate on the importance of his gpa and act from our situation with the ncaa and a current d1 bound trojan.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Woods is a great coach..I know sometimes we (the players) don't really agree with whats called but in the scheme of things its all for the best..Last year was a down year but we've all moved on from that and none of us are looking back..This is a whole new year with a brand new team so I think we should all just look forward to that.

825709219[/snapback]

Hey TheGame65 my son said to go block someone and quit playing on the internet.

In return, I know who you are now! Your son will do great at the d1 level in the fall of 2006. As I have been involved with football at various levels in hamblen county for years, I sometimes question when a parent starts talking about fun.

Time and time again I have seen situations where parents convince their child to only worry about having fun and diminish their competetitive desire to the point the kid doesn't think about winning but rather just being on the team.

Of course I know you and your son are not even close to this. Fun and love for the game comes from the heart, as we know. Most kids consider playing x box or hanging out with their friends fun - not sprints, tackling and blocking drills and injuries in 90 degree heat. Hence, my definition of fun is somewhat skewed.

Anyway tell your son I will be watching and supporting him this year from our regular spot at Burke Toney! Also to concentrate on the importance of his gpa and act from our situation with the ncaa and a current d1 bound  trojan.

825709242[/snapback]

Bmart:

There is a 5 way scrimmage at south doyle on Friday. You and M going to go ?

And Tuesday at D&B. Hope you all can make those.

See ya there.

Ok, whoever is talking negatively towards Don Woods is insane. I guarentee you have never been around him. The way he runs his program with class is a thing to respect. Tmo is right, before the acquisition of Don Woods the West team was lucky to go 5-5. I played for Coach Woods and after my father he is the man I respect the most.

If you don't like him, you have your right, but there should be a legitiment reason.

Saying that Don Woods is NOT a good coach is just plain dumb.

Also, no-one brought up anything about you, but you proceeded to tell us how you were all-state in highschool and junior college assistant whatnot. Compensating for something USA? Don't live in the past.

Oh and on a little side note- We like to drop the E and add ING on certain verbs in Tennessee (i.e. Comeing, Haveing= Coming, Having). thumb

how did west do in there scrimmages tonight?

825710380[/snapback]

Mo West did good, only team that they had problems with was farragut. They didn't score on farraguts defense. Also farragut was able to move the ball on them but farragut had to dropped passes in the endzone. So Farragut probably should have won 14 to 0, but the score was 0-0 because of farraguts folding in the redzone.

Mo West did good, only team that they had problems with was farragut. They didn't score on farraguts defense. Also farragut was able to move the ball on them but farragut had to dropped passes in the endzone. So Farragut probably should have won 14 to 0, but the score was 0-0 because of farraguts folding in the redzone.

825710413[/snapback]

Oh yea......

Edited by TheGame65

mo west looked good last night and they look like they got a lot of talent. i like their tailback #3. west and farragut played to a 0-0 tie and throughout the whole scrimmage they looked like the two best teams there. coach woods has his team back to make another run in the playoffs. thumb