I know everyone has seen the video of Kenny shoving the cameraman. What do you think about the situation. Personally, I probably would have punched him. That probably wouldn't have been smart, but oh well. The Rangers need to call the guy and apologise for their player's actions, but so far haven't. Rogers was really having a good year until his last start. He really messed up on this one.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is being blown way out of porportion and I think 20 games is way to harsh! I mean, the man made a mistake by shoving the camera out of his hand, but whats the big fuss over? Rogers has always been friendly and respectful and he ask the cameramen before coming on the field to not get in his face on that day and I almost believe they went after him, just trying to make him do something! If I were Rogers, I would have went after the camera like he did, but instead let that channel know that they would never get another interview with him due to the actions of there cameraman! What I think is funny, is that some members of the media try to be your friend and laugh and cut up with you and ask for interviews, but then turn right around and do stuff just to try and make you stap so they can put you on the news! I think Rogers should have been fined a few thousand dollars and put it o rest! Randy Johnson didnt get suspended for doing pretty much the same thing! Alot of athletes have had run ins with camera's and not gotten suspended! I think Selig made a mistake which doesnt surprise me at all considering he is the worst commisioner in all of the major sports!

BTW, through his lawyer today, Rogers sent out an apology to all of baseball, its fans, and the cameraman!

I think it is being blown way out of porportion and I think 20 games is way to harsh! I mean, the man made a mistake by shoving the camera out of his hand, but whats the big fuss over? Rogers has always been friendly and respectful and he ask the cameramen before coming on the field to not get in his face on that day and I almost believe they went after him, just trying to make him do something! If I were Rogers, I would have went after the camera like he did, but instead let that channel know that they would never get another interview with him due to the actions of there cameraman! What I think is funny, is that some members of the media try to be your friend and laugh and cut up with you and ask for interviews, but then turn right around and do stuff just to try and make you stap so they can put you on the news! I think Rogers should have been fined a few thousand dollars and put it o rest! Randy Johnson didnt get suspended for doing pretty much the same thing! Alot of athletes have had run ins with camera's and not gotten suspended! I think Selig made a mistake which doesnt surprise me at all considering he is the worst commisioner in all of the major sports!

825696612[/snapback]

No, I think you're underestimating it. It wasn't a mistake, it was assault and battery. He went after two different cameramen. What were they doing wrong? Randy Johnson's was different, they were blocking his way as he was trying to walk down the sidewalk. Rogers went out of his way to go after these two guys. Also, Johnson didn't twist a 20-pound camera around, causing arm and back injuries.

I think 20 games is about right, IF it's without pay.

Selig is the second-worst commissioner in all of sports. Gary Bettman is, without doubt, the worst.

BTW, through his lawyer today, Rogers sent out an apology to all of baseball, its fans, and the cameraman!

825696612[/snapback]

That never worked for me when I did something wrong, why should it get him off the hook?

First of all, there were no injuries, the guy went to the hospital to be checked out, where they found nothing wrong with him!

Second, we finally agree on something, Bettman is the worst commish in sports, I wasnt even thinking about hockey when I posted that about Selig!

Finally, an apology shouldnt get him off the hook, he should be fined! I have seen players make more physical contact than that with an official and not get no where near 20 games!

To use a bad Pun Kenny Rogers didn't know "when to walk away". He just didn't shove the cameraman, he shoved 2, then went back and knocked camera out of one's hand and kicked the camera on the ground. If he hadn't have been so persistent, maybe he would have gotten off lighter.

I didn't hear the cameraman say anything, just filming all the Rangers as they came out of dugout, probably (I don't know) a standard thing they do every game. If they were going after just Rogers after he told them not to, then he had a right to be angry. But you can't do what he did and expect nothing to happen.

It looks like Bad move, Kenny to me. I hate this because Rogers was one of the few players on my fantasy team having a better than expected year.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have a problem with "Kenny Rogers" being at the All Star game. He still has a unique voice and would've done a great job with the Star Spangled Banner or even God Bless America.

It'd been even better if he coulda sung a verse from one of his former hits. Seems like it went somethin' like this:

"I promised you Bud, not to do things that are bad.

I'd walk away from trouble when I'm mad.

Please don't give me weeks, I couldn't turn the other cheek.

Mr. Commish, I sure hope you'll understand.

Sometimes you gotta fight the cameraman."

<_<

---rSquared

Edited by rSquared

I didn't have a problem with "Kenny Rogers" being at the All Star game. He still has a unique voice and would've done a great job with the Star Spangled Banner or even God Bless America.

It'd been even better if he coulda sung a verse from one of his former hits. Seems like it went somethin' like this:

"I promised you Bud, not to do things that are bad.

I'd walk away from trouble when I'm mad.

Please don't give me weeks, I couldn't turn the other cheek.

Mr. Commish, I sure hope you'll understand.

Sometimes you gotta fight the cameraman."

:D

---rSquared

825700910[/snapback]

LOL :P;):D thumb

LOL :D  :blink:  :D  thumb

825701105[/snapback]

Did anyone see the idiot when he turned himself in yesterday for the assault charge? He still doesn't get it. He was running his mouth at the cameraman about he told him to get that camera out of there. The cameraman told Kenny he was just doing his job. Kenny's reply was I hope you're proud of yourself!

Police stations are public property, Kenny. If the police chief, sheriff, etc say they can be there, they can be there. It's not Kenny's choice!

I'm with muffin on this one. 20 games to a pitcher is too light.

Did anyone see the idiot when he turned himself in yesterday for the assault charge?  He still doesn't get it.  He was running his mouth at the cameraman about he told him to get that camera out of there.  The cameraman told Kenny he was just doing his job.  Kenny's reply was I hope you're proud of yourself!

Police stations are public property, Kenny.  If the police chief, sheriff, etc say they can be there, they can be there.  It's not Kenny's choice!

I'm with muffin on this one.  20 games to a pitcher is too light.

825702559[/snapback]

Made him look more like a jerk.