Class 5A: Region 1 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Any truth to the rumor that the Johnson kid has been living with Wampler and might jump ship on Campbell Co. with a legal guardianship to Wampler to strengthen Oneida into a 1A state title contender? :(

825699022[/snapback]

While I cannot post with complete confidence that Coach David Wampler is leaving 5A Campbell Co. to go to 1A Oneida, I do know that Chris Johnson will be dressed in the orange and blue of the Cougars for his senior year.

The rumor on Coach Wampler is gaining strength that he will join former Anderson Co. defensive coordinator Tony Lambert at Oneida. Reportedly, Coach Wampler will be the offensive coordinator and Lambert will run the defense.

Despite the prospect of this tremendous loss, Cougar Head Coach Dewayne Wells is a high quality player's coach and the team will be competitivein '05. Don't write off the Cougars during the upcoming campaign. They finally got a taste of success last year and are very hungry for more. I'm confident that Coach Wells will have his team ready for the week 0 season opener.

My only question /concern is: How can a 1A school pay $12,000 more for a coaching supplement than a 5A school? The rumor running rampant in the CC grapevine is that Coach Wampler is leaving only to be able to provide better for his family. You can't fault Coach Wampler, but sure as heck can let the CC School Board know they need to wake up and support the coaches!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude maybe, yall are pretty good.............like really, yall are stacked man. we might lose to yall even though i have never lost to your team in my entire life of playing football which is 7 years, each year playing yall. but hey it could happen................SIKE

While I cannot post with complete confidence that Coach David Wampler is leaving 5A Campbell Co. to go to 1A Oneida, I do know that Chris Johnson will be dressed in the orange and blue of the Cougars for his senior year.

The rumor on Coach Wampler is gaining strength that he will join former Anderson Co. defensive coordinator Tony Lambert at Oneida. Reportedly, Coach Wampler will be the offensive coordinator and Lambert will run the defense.

Despite the prospect of this tremendous loss, Cougar Head Coach Dewayne Wells is a high quality player's coach and the team will be competitivein '05. Don't write off the Cougars during the upcoming campaign. They finally got a taste of success last year and are very hungry for more. I'm confident that Coach Wells will have his team ready for the week 0 season opener.

My only question /concern is: How can a 1A school pay $12,000 more for a coaching supplement than a 5A school? The rumor running rampant in the CC grapevine is that Coach Wampler is leaving only to be able to provide better for his family. You can't fault Coach Wampler, but sure as heck can let the CC School Board know they need to wake up and support the coaches!

825699125[/snapback]

Campbell Co., even after a recent raise in the supplements is one of the worst paying systems for assistant coaches. The head coaches in football make O.K. with extended 12 month contracts, but the assistants who do sooooooo much of the off season work and after school work don't get squat beyond a 2G per season supplement. (after all, even a fifteen month contract can't generate enough time for the head coach to do all the work) I have heard that Oneida offers additional supplements for additional time worked. Campbell Co. has always been a place that will drain you dry for all they can get, expect unrealistic miracles, and then spit you out on the street when they are done with you! Wampler seems to have made wise choice. :( thumb

• 2 weeks later...