Wow, cuttin' down my Cards, man.  :P

Eckstein: OBP-.373, AVG-.286, SLG-.363, SO-20

Furcal:  OBP-.295, AVG-235, SLG-.359, SO-43

Furcal's stats are slightly better as far as fielding goes, which brings me to the question, is Furcal your favorite player?

Also, Edmonds and Jones have extremely close stats.  The only thing is that Jones leads with home runs, so really that is a see saw vote, could have gone either way, Edmonds came out on top, and he deserves it, maybe not more, but he does deserve it.

I do agree about Scott Rolen, He missed almost twenty games, and really can't compare to Ramirez or Ensberg.

825698081[/snapback]

You both are way off, Felipe Lopez should be the starting SS with a .360 OBP, .312 BA, 14 HR, 48 RBI

Give me a break on the Edmonds-Jones argument, they have alot of numbers that are close but Jones has 10 more HR and 11 more RBI and has had to carry a team on his back! Jones is alot more deserving that Edmonds, so is Cliff Floyd!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You both are way off, Felipe Lopez should be the starting SS with a .360 OBP, .312 BA, 14 HR, 48 RBI

Give me a break on the Edmonds-Jones argument, they have alot of numbers that are close but Jones has 10 more HR and 11 more RBI and has had to carry a team on his back! Jones is alot more deserving that Edmonds, so is Cliff Floyd!

825698284[/snapback]

I agree......

Ensberg-.965 Fielding, 169 assist

Rolen-.961 Fielding, 110 assist

Beltran-.979 Fielding, 190 PO, 1 assisst

Floyd-.993 Fielding, 139 PO, 8 assist

Burrell-.982, 105 PO, 6 assist

Guillen-.975 Fielding, 158 PO, 1 assist

Are you convinced yet?

825697527[/snapback]

Fielding percentage means very, very little. Rolen has committed errors on balls Ensberg can't get to.

Edmonds shouldn't be starting, why exactly?

825698328[/snapback]

because Jones, Floyd, and Burrell all have a higher batting avg, more hr's, more rbi's....Cabrera and Griffey Jr. have the same amount of hr's with more rbi's and a higher avg....Carlos Lee is barely behind in ba and is way ahead in hr's and rbi's. what other reasons does it take for you to wake up and see the obvious.

fuggly, i said there werent any great SS in the NL this year so it could have went a bunch of different ways but Eckstein wasnt the best choice. he's got a decent average(not great) and nothing else...if he was batting 330 yea he would deserve it but not a guy battin 280 somethin with only 2 homers and 7 steals. Lopez has a much better average, 7 times as many homers, and twice as many rbi's....Furcal has more hr's and rbi's than Eckstein plus he leads the NL in stolen bases....it should have been one of those 2 guys. and no Furcal isnt my favorite player...im a diehard Red Sox fan.

now, i gotta get back across the street and watch the 2nd game of the Cubs/Braves double header....maybe this will be the first time all week i dont get soaked.

825698284[/snapback]

I am not off on anything. I said that Eckstein has no reason not to be there over Furcal. thumb

Whoopie, just 'cause Jones has to carry a team means nothing. He is still no more deserving than Edmonds.