Politics in Powell

allamerican

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your team's record is 2 wins and a whole lot of losses.  As an athletic director what do you do?  Hire a football coach?  Does this make sense to anyone?  Does anyone have any baseball info on Matt Lowe?

825702046[/snapback]

That's just not true. Matt is not going to be coaching baseball. He is going to be teaching at Powell and continuing to coach football, but he won't be coaching baseball. Powell will hire a baseball coach once a new assistant principal/athletic director is hired to replace Mark Duff, who became the principal at Halls.

That's just not true.  Matt is not going to be coaching baseball.  He is going to be teaching at Powell and continuing to coach football, but he won't be coaching baseball.  Powell will hire a baseball coach once a new assistant principal/athletic director is hired to replace Mark Duff, who became the principal at Halls.

825702594[/snapback]

It was hard for me to believe. I heard it from a coach who knows Duff fairly well. I am just a concerned alum who couldn't understand the logic in the news.

It was hard for me to believe.  I heard it from a coach who knows Duff fairly well.  I am just a concerned alum who couldn't understand the logic in the news.

825703366[/snapback]

The new AD came on board yesterday. I would anticipate a new baseball coach hiring taking place soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know who applied for the Powell job or who was interviewed for the position??

825707804[/snapback]

Applications were still be taken as late as last week. The new AD just came aboard.

The AD told me that he would like to have a coach in place before school starts, but that isn't likely to happen at this point.

Several names have been thrown out there, but as of last week no one had been officially interviewed for the position.

I recently have heard that the job was filled by last years Jefferson County Assistant Coach. I believe the last name is Keith Jones, but not totally sure. He was a History teacher at JCHS. Sounds to me like someone that could fill a History opening at PHS and just gave him the baseball job. Which to me is ###### poor!!! Good 'ol Powell not caring about BASEBALL!!!

Your team's record is 2 wins and a whole lot of losses.  As an athletic director what do you do?  Hire a football coach?  Does this make sense to anyone?  Does anyone have any baseball info on Matt Lowe?

825702046[/snapback]

Maryville has a football coach as a baseball coach. Baseball is not that importaint in most Tennessee high schools.

I recently have heard that the job was filled by last years Jefferson County Assistant Coach. I believe the last name is Keith Jones, but not totally sure.  He was a History teacher at JCHS.  Sounds to me like someone that could fill a History opening at PHS and just gave him the baseball job.  Which to me is ###### poor!!!  Good 'ol Powell not caring about BASEBALL!!!

825708332[/snapback]

Nope. That's not true. No hire has been made yet.