How will Alcoa do?

TnVols23

There are alot of people looking forward to see Alcoa play Hoptown.  Rumor is that there will be several schools(WKY, UofL & Ky) sending their scouts to look at the Alcoa's kids.  Hoptown has several kids getting looks from these schools and having a team like Alcoa coming up to play the speedy tigers has created a buss around the western part of the state.

825704644[/snapback]

i don't think you understand what you're getting yourselves into.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I think Fulton will be the ones getting their tails kicked.

825704872[/snapback]

If you think the Fulton-Alcoa game will be a blowout then you are crazy. These are two great football programs and each team will bring their best and this game will be decided late in the game. So both sides should realize this game will not be a blowout either way. BTW McCallie wasn't the Division II-AAA champ last year, it was MUS.

Hokinsville usually has alot of athletes and is a very good program. They went through a coaching change in the off-season and most of the staff is new. It should be a pretty good game, but I see Alcoa winning. Alcoa is smart to beef up the schedule. 2A just got a little tougher with some of the private schools that have moved up. That being said, Alcoa should win the state championship once again.

825704615[/snapback]

So Alcoa now has a Senior back Lindsey who was the 2A Offensive MVP w/ 1,377 Yards last season and

Shiverdecker a Jr the Knox region PrepXtra rushing Champ with 1,726.

WOW! What a backfield! Oh yeah, they have that kid thats going to FSU who has caught a few balls also.

What division of Football does Hoptown play? If I remember they were in a large division in Ky. How many kids in the School?

Oh yes horrified. I say Maryville just calls the game and chalks it up as another W for the obviously untouchable Tornadoes. Actually if you will take a good look at page one of the football message board you will see the aforementioned thread I was talking about.

825706091[/snapback]

How will Alcoa do?, With one of the toughest Schedules.

Not the same but close.

Didn't they beat Maryville a few years ago and Maryville still won the state?

Looks like Alcoa have the tools to do it again,

The rebels really gave it to Alcoa the next year after their defeat. I was there and I'm sure a few of the Alcoa faithful will remind your neighbors to the north of the beating they took.

It should be a great game.

If you think the Fulton-Alcoa game will be a blowout then you are crazy. These are two great football programs and each team will bring their best and this game will be decided late in the game. So both sides should realize this game will not be a blowout either way. BTW McCallie wasn't the Division II-AAA champ last year, it was MUS.

825704882[/snapback]

You're right. It'll be a close game and good game with some of the best athletes in East TN. Nobody can rightfully say that either team will beat the others "Tail". that's stupid. Don't discredit these boys in that way. Both Fulton and Alcoa have been successful recently....this year won't be any different. I'm looking forward to this game. And, as a FAITHFUL FALCON, let me say good luck to Alcoa this season. Hope to see you back in the Boro this December!

Fri Aug. 19 Hopkinsville, KY Trigg County, KY Playoff team

Fri Aug. 26 Maryville TN 4A State Champs

Fri Sep. 2 CAK R

Fri Sep. 9 at Fulton TN 3A State Champs

Fri Sep. 16 at Loudon R

Fri Sep. 23 at McCallie D-2 Playoff team

Fri Sep. 30 Wartburg R

Fri Oct. 7 at Rockwood R

Fri Oct. 14 at Sweetwater R

Fri Oct. 21 Oliver Springs R

They really have a tuff schedule!

I don't know about the team in Hoptown but Maryville, McCallie and Fulton are the real deal. If they beat any of the three it will be considered upsets.

I think they will win at least one of those. I would like to see them beat McCallie.

Then everyone could really start the debates on D-1 vs D-2.

Good luck to little Alcoa with all the big talent.

Edited by rigger101