How will Alcoa do?

TnVols23

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa doesn't play Trigg County.  Alcoa plays Hopkinsville in the Integra Bowl which will be held at Trigg County.  Second game of a double-header.

825704534[/snapback]

Since you seem sure about this I've changed their schedule to show Hoptown as the opponent. I'll contact TSSAA, also, since they show Trigg Co as I did.

I go to alcoa and I play football and shiverdecker is an awsome player hes fast and athletic he is gonna do awsome with us

825704389[/snapback]

Good luck to Shivy! He will help you guys alot. In my humble opinion, he's the best back to ever play at JCHS. That's saying alot, we have had some good ones over the years, ie Jeff Jennings (vanderbilt) Ricky Upton (penn st). I would guess that JC has had between 5 & 8 1st team all state running backs, by far Shivy was the best. He's small, but opposing players have commented that it's like tackleing air. GOOD LUCK TO THE TORNADOES! I'll be following you guys this year.

On May 5th, Alcoa submitted their schedule to the TSSAA with the opponent of Trigg County. From the news articles it does look like it is Hopkinsville (at Trigg County) so the change has been made on the TSSAA website the reflect that. Will check at the office on Monday to make sure that is the correct opponent. It is not uncommon for schedules submitted early in the year to change, especially with out of state schools.

Hokinsville usually has alot of athletes and is a very good program. They went through a coaching change in the off-season and most of the staff is new. It should be a pretty good game, but I see Alcoa winning. Alcoa is smart to beef up the schedule. 2A just got a little tougher with some of the private schools that have moved up. That being said, Alcoa should win the state championship once again.

There are alot of people looking forward to see Alcoa play Hoptown. Rumor is that there will be several schools(WKY, UofL & Ky) sending their scouts to look at the Alcoa's kids. Hoptown has several kids getting looks from these schools and having a team like Alcoa coming up to play the speedy tigers has created a buss around the western part of the state.