What teams are standing out in Camps?

bd4vols

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who seems to be putting things together?  I've heard great things about Siegel.  Are they setting up for a run to the AAA finals?

825705605[/snapback]

I think they have a chance, but they are really going to have to improve aspects of their game.

They have the exact team from last year but there is at least one Soph that will be starting from what I hear. They are playing in the Brentwood playday so that will let us know a little.

I really think that Germantown is going to be really good. They didn't lose much at all last year and they were tough.

If I were to pick a top 4 right know....

Brentwood

Germantown

Siegel

Centennial?

Maybe the sullivan team that came out of the east last year....they were young

The Brentwood team camp will be August 5th thru the 7th. I'll be there watching the Page team as well as the others attending. I'll have a report on what I see following each day's play. The Brentwood Blast-Off pre-season exhibition will be August 19th & 20th. I'll be there as well and should see how the teams will be in the coming season. Hope to see you then, clifford20.

The Brentwood team camp will be August 5th thru the 7th.  I'll be there watching the Page team as well as the others attending.  I'll have a report on what I see following each day's play.  The Brentwood Blast-Off pre-season exhibition will be August 19th & 20th.  I'll be there as well and should see how the teams will be in the coming season.  Hope to see you then, clifford20.

825705974[/snapback]

Looking forward to it.

Standout teams from the ER/Red Bank Choo-Choo team camp:

Sullivan South - great setter/RH lefty (#7), nice young middle (#13), great libero (#10), good overall teamwork and good coaching. My initial pick (before seeing many others) out of the AAA East to make it to the 'boro.

Pelham, AL - big 6'2"ish middle who hits on the left in serve-receive and blocks middle. Hits over even big blocks and in front of back court defenders.

East Ridge - another talented group. Brock is phenominal. She and Taylor Parrish will be compared to each other a lot this year. Both high flyers. Both could end up as state MVP's in their respective divisions if their teams win it all.

Red Bank - six Seniors (I think) who are working well together. They should do very well this year.

Cookeville - this team will surprise some folks, but not for long as word gets out. With a very young but talented big middle they are good and their younger jv kids are good too. This program is definitely on the rise. I think they have a tough road to Murfreesboro having to go through siegel/Riverdale, but they have a good enough team to make it very interesting.

Harding Academy - tough team as always. Not tremendously tall as usual, but great intensity and ball control, along with pure athletes who are quick and can fly.

Dobyns-Bennett - good team and good coaching.

Ooltewah - looks like they could put together a good year with good coaching as usual.

Brentwood - having fun with 7 Seniors who like each other. Even had some of the other teams dancing and having fun with them (and laughing at them) B). Some scores available and BHS Team Camp and Blastoff info coming soon at brentwoodvolleyball.com.

Edited by ivolly

Standout teams from the ER/Red Bank Choo-Choo team camp:

Sullivan South - great setter/RH lefty (#7), nice young middle (#13), great libero (#10), good overall teamwork and good coaching.  My initial pick (before seeing many others) out of the AAA East to make it to the 'boro.

Pelham, AL - big 6'2"ish middle who hits on the left in serve-receive and blocks middle.  Hits over even big blocks and in front of back court defenders.

East Ridge - another talented group.  Brock is phenominal.  She and Taylor Parrish will be compared to each other a lot this year.  Both high flyers.  Both could end up as state MVP's in their respective divisions if their teams win it all.

Red Bank - six Seniors (I think) who are working well together.  They should do very well this year.

Cookeville - this team will surprise some folks, but not for long as word gets out.  With a very young but talented big middle they are good and their younger jv kids are good too.  This program is definitely on the rise.  I think they have a tough road to Murfreesboro having to go through siegel/Riverdale, but they have a good enough team to make it very interesting.

Harding Academy - tough team as always.  Not tremendously tall as usual, but great intensity and ball control, along with pure athletes who are quick and can fly.

Dobyns-Bennett - good team and good coaching.

Ooltewah - looks like they could put together a good year with good coaching as usual.

Brentwood - having fun with 7 Seniors who like each other.  Even had some of the other teams dancing and having fun with them (and laughing at them) B).  Some scores available and BHS Team Camp and Blastoff info coming soon at brentwoodvolleyball.com.

825706880[/snapback]

IVolley,

You are right about Cookeville. THey are young and up and coming no doubt. THey have 2 good middles that will set that program up. As far as Riverdale, they lost so much last year. I think Siegel and Cookeville will come out of 7 AAA as the district is still down a little. White County and Blackmon are down so that hurts the district.

Sullivan SOuth is very good as well. The lefty you are talking about is young as well...maybe a junior. They beat Siegel last year in the state with terrific defense and the killer lefty. They dug everything hit to them. I really think they are the favorite in the east and can make some noise in the tournament.

brentwood is going to fun.

Who seems to be putting things together?  I've heard great things about Siegel.  Are they setting up for a run to the AAA finals?

825705605[/snapback]

I hear that USJ is set to make a run this year. The Suddeth twins are strong along with upcoming 8th grader, Kayla Petty who I hear caught the eye of the MTSU coach at camp recently as a strong side and/or weak side hitter. Keep an eye on her over the next few years. Should be an interesting season. :D

• 2 weeks later...
IVolley,

You are right about Cookeville.  THey are young and up and coming no doubt.  THey have 2 good middles that will set that program up.  As far as Riverdale, they lost so much last year.  I think Siegel and Cookeville will come out of 7 AAA as the district is still down a little.  White County and Blackmon are down so that hurts the district. 

Sullivan SOuth is very good as well.  The lefty you are talking about is young as well...maybe a junior.  They beat Siegel last year in the state with terrific defense and the killer lefty.  They dug everything hit to them.  I really think they are the favorite in the east and can make some noise in the tournament. 

brentwood is going to fun.

825706911[/snapback]

I can see that nobody really has alot of faith in white county right now. They have 6 varsity seniors who went undefeated there freshman and sophomore years. Granted, offensively, they are weak. But defensively, they are pretty good. I think they will suprise some people.

I can see that nobody really has alot of faith in white county right now. They have 6 varsity seniors who went undefeated there freshman and sophomore years. Granted, offensively, they are weak. But defensively, they are pretty good. I think they will suprise some people.

825715198[/snapback]

Scrappy teams often do very well! Good luck this season, hope it's a good one.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Dyersburg scrimmaged South Gibson last week
    • A complete cultural change happened at Greeneville and the administration and community opened up their checkbooks.  What a lot of people don't know is Ballard was Zeller's OC for many years and stopped coaching for two years because Zeller and Ballard didn't see eye to eye on some things.  Zeller lead Greeneville to it's first ever Semi Final appearance in 2000 and lost 28-12 at Maryville and had them in the Quarter Finals in 2002 and 2003.  Z was a great coach but lost some control when it came to making workouts mandatory. (He learned from that Mistake and it was at LC when i coached with him.).  Z was let go going into my Senior Year and was replaced by Steve McCurry who was the one that turned the program around.  Steve had won a 4a state championship at AC Reynolds in Asheville and made the administration completely redo the weight room with new equipment, had a football period at the end of the school day to lift, started devil camp, and brought in coaches like Danny Bentley (Still the OL coach), Ballard as the OC, Cody Baugh (QB coach and still there), and even Spradlen who is Greeneville's head coach now as the DB's Coach.  McCurry only coached for two seasons at Greeneville and took a team that had a losing record the year before and finished my Senior Year making it to the Quarters and having a 10-3 record and then followed it up with a Semi Final appearance the next year with an 11-3 record and back to back conference championships.  Loved McCurry to death but the recession hit and the story i heard was he was still buying new equipment for the team that the Principal didn't authorize and his response was "I don't answer to you and only to Niswonger and Bewley" (Two huge donors).  That was it for him and they Promoted Ballard shortly after that.   Greeneville had always been relevant ever since the the late 70's under Coach Fred Sorrell's.  Since Sorrell's took over in 1977 Greeneville overall winning percentage is over 76%.  The biggest reason people might not have thought Greeneville was "Good" until Ballard was Greeneville always played up Classification wise and could never get over the hump. (When there were 3 classifications we played 3a, when it went to 5 we played 4a).  Greeneville is the largest its ever been with 953 students and where playing teams 2 or 3 times there size back in the day (I had a little over 800 kids in the school when i graduated in 2008).  Other teams always would know they would be sore after a game but depth took over and never won a Championship until Greeneville played in the classification the TSSAA actually assigned them. You had names like Dustin Moore (1993 Mr Football for 3a and who Phillip Fulmer said was one of the greatest athletes he ever recruited), James "Mud Turtle" Mayes, Brigham Lyons, Byron Gillespie, Frankie Debusk (National Champion Qb at Furman with GQ), Jasmine Lowery, Cody Baugh, The Greenway Brothers, Joe Watson (Furman), etc.  Now the cultural is from the Pee Wee league up and you grow up as a young kid wanting to wear the Greene and White.  Here is a really good link when it comes to anything Greeneville Football related. https://greenevillefootball.com/   I also don't coach anymore.  Z told me i was to smart with how the school systems are ran these days and ended up going into real estate in Knoxville which has been a great decision for my life.
    • Yes, they will. I'm wondering what kinds of strides Sale Creek will make heading into the second season under Coach Fitz.
    • No yellow stripes on the rug last night. Biggest crowd I’ve seen at 825 since the alco debacle. 
    • I know most Pirate starters were seniors last year. Im not sure how accurate it is but someone said we only have 3 seniors. That Prep team will probably make some noise this coming season too.