Cumberland County Football Trivia

RadioJet06

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know the answer but who is the all ime leading rusher at cchs?

825707313[/snapback]

Man that's a tuffy! There has been many great backs...but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say Kyle Eldridge! I'm sure nobody has heard of him but if i remember correctly he contributed greatly for 4 years and from what i seen was a very talented back! thumb

that would be larry majors, who were some of the coaches on those staffs, also who were some of the people around your town when watson was playing for the jets, are those people still living in the area, i think you guys have a great idea for some interesting football topics and this is great stuff for this sight better than the bashing that goes on how big is crossville/cumberland county anyway

Larry Majors is right, but don't know the years.

alltime leading passer would probably be Ben Whitson. If I'm not mistaken he threw for a thousand yards all 3 seasons. And for all you Watt haters that think he runs too much Whitson played for him about 4 or 5 years ago. also If I'm right they didn't win too many games when they were throwing for all those yards.

do what your talent allows and if you don't have much, do what you have to do to have a chance in the 4th.

Next question for the Jets fans. Name any Head coaches or assistant coaches in cchs history w/ any pro football exp. Good Luck :D

825707711[/snapback]

Tom Morrow was an asst. coach, not sure of the years. I believe he was with the vikings.

I forgot about Rodney French, but I don't believe Farley had that kind of numbers but they did win alot of ballgames his junior and senior years.

Tom Morrow was an asst. coach, not sure of the years. I believe he was with the vikings.

I forgot about Rodney French, but I don't believe Farley had that kind of numbers but they did win alot of ballgames his junior and senior years.

825707777[/snapback]

I think it is Rodney also. Yea Farley had some good backs so i'm doubtin he had the opportunity to throw like Rodney or Ben.

Tollett was tailback with Watson. CCHS has actually been to playoffs 3 times. 1982 lost to eventual champion lincoln co.  98 lost to eventual champion Oakland. '01 lost to either champion or runner up riverdale. '02 lost to Oakland.

Which former head coach of CCHS was also on an undefeated team as a player. (or coaches)

825707163[/snapback]

That would be Lane Tollett. I always thought he was at least as good as Watson. I am not from Cumberland Co., although I did coach elementary b-ball in the county in the 80's. Tollett could have had a future in football if things had turned out different.