Oakland / Cookeville / Brentwood scrimmage

4walls

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland was weak. real weak considering they are from the boro.

Brentwood looked pretty good, too much flash and pizzaz. their Qb ran his mouth alot, he was good not great.

Cookeville was very solid. surprisingly solid soo early.

Good scrimmage considering the heat and the pads had only been on for 3 days.

825710227[/snapback]

Oakland was weak? All we have heard is how strong they are this year will you please elaborate

Weak?? Now that is pretty funny. I was thinking that Cookeville was definitely overated myself. Exactly what did Cookeville do that was so impressive? Brentwood and Oakland had been scrimmaging each other all day long in the heat. Cookeville shows up fresh as a daisyat 4 PM with their little mist fans for their sidelines to keep them cool. So I was expecting Cookeville to blow everyone out of the water simply b/c both of the other teams were sluggish at that point ....but they didn't. I agree that OHS has things to work on, but at least our center can get the ball to the QB without sailing it over his head everytime like yours did. We held our own with you guys.

I do agree that #9 for Brentwood was real cocky and ran his mouth a lot. But you can't deny he was good and that he was elusive. And Brentwood has a good team. What I think is that you didn't like it that they were cheering for OHS against yall.....

Now thats not fair 2 teams against 1!! Was everyone against Cookeville? Last year CHS was pretty good what did they lose from last year and what did they have return? Will they go deep in the playoffs again? I think last year was as far as they have ever gotten before could be wrong but i think that was the big ordeal last year in the playoffs. If everyone remembers CHS was a district 7-AAA foe in football back in the old days and still are in other sports.

Now thats not fair 2 teams against 1!! Was everyone against Cookeville?  Last year CHS was pretty good what did they lose from last year and what did they have return?  Will they go deep in the playoffs again?  I think last year was as far as they have ever gotten before could be wrong but i think that was the big ordeal last year in the playoffs.  If everyone remembers CHS was a district 7-AAA foe in football back in the old days and still are in other sports.

825710524[/snapback]

It was a three way scrimmage , riverdaleman. That means 10 plays on o and 10 plays on D/ You play both teams equally. Even if you are on the one yd line ...if it is the 10 th play , you go on D. And that happened to OHS more than once. OHS and BHS started things off tho and Cookeville got to watch us both. Yes, BHS was working us over pretty good in the first series....but we adjusted and hung on and scored. BHS was laying the wood on . They were very physical and I don't think CHS liked that too much. But I will be sure to tell #66 for OHS that you think he is weak......but I don't think the fellows he was working over would agree. Cookeville needs to work on their secondary. They are tuff up the middle but PJ got some yardage to the outside, and we passed on them easily. I am certain that Joslin will have them ready tho b/f season just as Ferg will have OHS ready to roll as well.

CHS has had bad feelings against OHS from a playoff game back when my son played for OHS. Them coming to OHS was a big step for them.....but it looks like old Cav up there hasn't forgotten their resentment for us. Despite his remark, I wish only the best for Cookeville and hope they do well this year. I also hope they return to camp next year for the WHOLE day this time.

Next time that Oakland has a scrimmage, it would be greatly appreciated by everyone if there was at least an umbrella for shade. ;) The heat was brutal!

And you're right, Brentwood and Oakland practiced and scrimmaged for hours in the sun without much of a break, and then Cookeville shows up after everyone is spent. Brentwood showed up at their locker room at 6:30, so they were exhausted by that time. I'm sure all three teams will do fine, but don't read a whole lot in a first scrimmage.

About #9 running his mouth-you got to love it that he'll dish it back out if challenged. McCurdy won't back down, and as a returning honorable mention All-State QB, I guess he's earned that right to talk smack. If he were a sophomore who hadn't done anything, it would be a different story.

Best of luck to all of the teams who survived the "Oakland Oven."

Hahahha..you are exactly right. It was roasting . I about died form the heat and I was only a spectator and there for the PM action. BHS and OHS were definitely at a disadvantage in the PM. I heard OHS looked really good in the morning one on ones and 7 on 7's.

#9 for BHS is a clone for Dave Thomas....same number , same fire, same smack,same play-making ability, and about the same build. So maybe he will have the same future as Dave and get Mr Football. I am sure that yall love him and if he played for OHs...hahah maybe I would too. But he doesn't, so I will have to be envious of him.

It was sure great to see Crawford. The guy runs a respectable program and is a class act all the way.

Alright let me clarify. When i say Oakland was weak, i mean considering they are Oakland and i assumed they would be much better.

About Cookeville being fresh, they were on the field at 2:30 which is when they were told to come.

i wasn't trying to be extremely biased towards the teams. It was hot and it is an early scrimmage so it is hard to tell a whole lot.

The one thing i disagree with is what fromthetop2 said about brentwood's QB being willing to dish it back. By saying "get on my level, your thrid string" to some guy on Oakland after he made a really good run. It was unprovoked and classless. i expected better. He also was almost sacked a few times and the whistle would blow and he would strut and yell like he just made a nice run. I'll give it to him because he has skills, but he has a bad attitude, and makes Brentwood look like jerks. That may not be how it was, but thats how i saw it, and yes i was there to see it.