Oakland / Cookeville / Brentwood scrimmage

4walls

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know #66 would have sacked him more than once and that whistle was blown quickly....Kaelin wanted a piece of the guy bad!! Our QB got sacked tho...no fast whistle for him.

BTW......I forgot...the scrimmage started at 2.....and BHS and OHs started it off.

825710997[/snapback]

Not making excuses for Cookeville, but they started school on Monday, the first day of full pads. They are only running one practice a day. I just hope Coach J has them ready in two weeks for Ooltewah. I truly believe he will.

Riverdaleman, you wanted to know some things about Cookeville. They returned about 30 or 35 Seniors this season. They did loose their QB from last season and Gus Paxon, one of the starting RBs. They should go fairly deep into the playoffs again this year, unless they have alot of injuries, etc. We will know alot more about them when they play Ooltewah on the 19th. I'm coming in for that game, so I can see them first hand, then I will make a more solid judgement about the season.

WOW that is a HUGE Sr calss 30-35 Srs did most of them get quality playing time last year?  They should dominate their region witht hat much experience.  Would yuo say that ooltewah will be their toughest opponent all year?

825711063[/snapback]

In the regular season, I would have to say that it is between them and Lincoln Co. I haven't seen LC, but I've heard they're bringing alot back too. The only reason I would put them and Ooltewah as equals is that Ooltewah has a new HC this year, and it may be tough early to learn the new coach's system and philosophy. I'm really looking forward to the game against the Owls.

As far as the senior class goes, that's the biggest one I've ever seen at Cookeville. Several of them got some good playing time last year.

Cookeville has a ton of seniors. And alot of quality in that class too. just a few underclassmen needed. It will be interesting to see if they can stay healthy, because if they do, they will be very tough to beat. And they have 3 new teams on the schedule this year, and have a bye week, which will make it interesting to see how caoch j handles that. either way the scrimmage was a plus for cookeville and they should roll on to the next few tune ups before the first game at Ooltewah.

I think Cookeville that huge class and experience will pay off for Cookeville against Ooltewah and Lincoln County. Both will be close wins for the Cavs. I have a question about an upcoming opponent of ours. White County will be playing my old high school in 4-4 this year. I noticed you all will be playing them and have played them in the past. We do not know anything about them. Some say they are not very good and others say they are decent. What can we expect from them.

he was a hot head. i saw him take a few plays out from when his hand got hit, i believe from throwing the ball but after i saw how he acted nothing would surprise me.

to Black Shirts, white county is cookeville's oldest rival, and they are said to have a better team than usual but it doesnt take much to be better. i doubt they are anything special.

I think Cookeville that huge class and experience will pay off for Cookeville against Ooltewah and Lincoln County.  Both will be close wins for the Cavs.  I have a question about an upcoming opponent of ours.  White County will be playing my old high school in 4-4 this year.  I noticed you all will be playing them and have played them in the past.  We do not know anything about them.  Some say they are not very good and others say they are decent.  What can we expect from them.

825711480[/snapback]

white co. is going to be very tough this year.maybe the best team in25 years.not saying much. but cookeville better be ready. white co. could win out this year.

he was a hot head. i saw him take a few plays out from when his hand got hit, i believe from throwing the ball but after i saw how he acted nothing would surprise me.

to Black Shirts, white county is cookeville's oldest rival, and they are said to have a better team than usual but it doesnt take much to be better. i doubt they are anything special.

825711532[/snapback]

True, White Co. has had some hard luck over the past few years, but you never know what to expect when you play them. It's hard to say what kind of team will show up. They have been known to pull a few upsets and surprise people. They probably aren't anything special, and this may be a tough year for them as they move to 4-4A. It's a region with some really good teams. I think it will make them better though.

I had said earlier that Cookeville's senior class was between 30 and 35 players. The exact # for right now is 34. Man that's a huge # for one class. I'm really excited about this season. As good as they were last year, this team might be by far better than we've ever had!

Good luck Cavs! Let's take it all the way to the 'Boro!!!

I'll see you in Ooltewah in 11 days, 10hours, and 24 minutes!

The scrimmage was very heated at the end of the day.

First off, a cocky and arrogant cookville team thought they were going to hop of the bus and walk all over the 4-time defending region champs in brentwood and also thought they would man-handle OHS. Not the case. Both BHS and OHS weren't done for the day and stuck it out.

#9, Bruce McCurdy, BHS's QB may be a little enthusiastic about the game of football, but in reference to "hot-headed" thats not the case.

For a QB who passed for over 2,000 yards and 19 TD's last year not to mention another 600 yards rushing and 13 TD's he can rigthly talk as much as he wants. No one stopped him last year form dominating number and with a all-state mention the cookeville cavs DID need to be on a higher level if they wanted to compete.