Bearden Football

RadioJet06

how did the scrimmage go against Kingston? Any truth that Kingston tried to show a new offense (different from the same old predictable one), and it got stuffed?

Heard Beardens defense was "flying" all over the place. Sounds like it's going to be an up year for Bearden this year.

825712525[/snapback]

Our defense held Kingston to negative yards overall on the 1st and 3rd 10-play series. They started on the 30 on the third series and ended up on the 17 by the last play. <_< On the second, we had a few breakdowns and allowed a big play that got them near the endzone, but we held them out. Defense was making big plays everywhere, but still not where we need to be.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody belives in us except ourselves.  We're not complaining, but we will win peple over. 

Our senior class is the largest/strongest we've had in a very long time, at over 20 to 30 strong.  We return 16 starters from last year, mostly upperclassmen.  We have 3 or 4 guys in the backfield capable of taking it the distance every time and a strong line made up of 4 out of 5 upperclassmen. QB started the last three games as a frosh when junior QB was moved to RB last year.  He is very mature for his age and is accurate and tall.  In our system, that will do wonders.  We have a totally different scheme on offense this year, thanks to our new OC, and our defense is built around speed and movements.

825710101[/snapback]

yall are nothing more than a soph team why are other players not getting a chance to play. you guys are about to get hurt and its your coaches fault. Buy the way your sophmore line got manhandled friday night and that was just a jamboree wait till its a full game then what are yall going to do play your freshmen.

AE domination continues

Who all plays offensive and defensive lines this year for the Bulldogs?

825715713[/snapback]

this is twice my reply has been taken off i wonder why. If you look at the people who serve on the booster club those are the kids who get to play. Bearden would have a good team if they played the best players. Those JV players got killed Friday Night. Ha Ha and Beep Beep thats why I left you guys and i play for AE.

this is twice my reply has been taken off i wonder why.  If you look at the people who serve on the booster club those are the kids who get to play.  Bearden would have a good team if they played the best players.  Those JV players got killed Friday Night.  Ha Ha and Beep Beep thats why I left you guys and i play for AE.

825716529[/snapback]

I know a kid at Bearden who has handled all the kick returns for two years and is one of numerous returning starters. His father has little or nothing to do with the booster club yet he plays as much as anyone. He's not favored by the coaches - he's just an outstanding athlete. That was a sophmoric comment and makes one consider that you probably made a good choice.

Will Bearden have a radio broadcast done of their games?...on the road, as well?

Roll Tribe Roll

825718357[/snapback]

Last I heard WUOT had decided to prempt Bearden football broadcasts with UT womens volleyball - even though their highest internet audience each week was for the football broadcasts last fall. All in the name of fair play I'm sure. Our play-by-play announcer from last year is a Cumberland County graduate, by the way. He did a outstanding job just as he's done with UT baseball. Unfortunately, his schooling to become an attorney has gotten in the way, so we'll miss Kyle this year.

Edited by KPDC251

this is twice my reply has been taken off i wonder why.  If you look at the people who serve on the booster club those are the kids who get to play.  Bearden would have a good team if they played the best players.  Those JV players got killed Friday Night.  Ha Ha and Beep Beep thats why I left you guys and i play for AE.

825716529[/snapback]

This booster club parent wants to wish you success at AE. Your kid is a good one.

825716529[/snapback]

You are trying to make it look like a player is writing this. What kid in high school, who plays football is up on their computer at 4:24 a.m. Please give these kids a break and find something more productive to do with your time!

Please don't pay attention to the postings from AE beep beep 65 (he apparently has issues that need to be addressed, but not here!) and he definitely needs to quit hiding behind names/numbers with which he has no affiliation!:

I'm going to step up on my soap box for just a moment - if you all don't mind. My family lives in West Knoxville (Farragut, actually). Please note, I am not knocking Farragut (or any other school for that matter). And my son played football for CBFO and Pilot until he reached high school age. During Shawn's eighth grade year he made the decision to apply to attend Austin-East. And I have absolutely not one single regret in letting him go there. Shawn's freshman year he earned a starting position on the varsity football team (and played F, JV, and Varsity). He is now a junior and is excelling in his school work as well as athletics!

Austin-East is the only school I know that gets media coverage of a fight taking place at school. I happen to know that such incidents occur in every school, in every system, in Tennessee. However, for whatever reason - Austin-East gets the negative media. There is good and bad everywhere - why don't we shed light on the good more often?

It would surprise people, if they took the opportunity to come visit A-E - to know that we have some of the most talented artist, students, and athletes in the area. Our kids deserve some positive media for a change. The fact that we've gotten the headlines in prep extra for the past few prints is simply awesome. People come to the football games sometimes just to see the band! My son is a 3.8 GPA student taking AP courses. Honestly - it's a great school!

So I step down from my soap box, but am yelling as proudly as possible GO A-E!

Sincerely,

aefootball mom