who win 1a state

seibers

BY THE WAY FOR ALL YOU HAMPTON FANS CLOUDLAND IS RANKED # 1 IN STATE AND HAMPTON IS NOT EVEN RANKED. LOTS OF IMPROVEMENT NEEDED AND IF CLOUDLAND BEATS CHEROKEE LOOK OUT HAMPTON!

825739753[/snapback]

Maybe in a fan poll but not any other. Cloudland got spanked last year in the playoffs by Oneida because they are one dimensional(sp). It's going to be a Region 2 sweep or at least 3 out of 4. Coalfield, Midway, and Oneida look to make the Top 3, and I don't see any of them losing at home to anyone short of Trousdale. Region 1 always talks and when they had the athletes the ycould back it up. Now it's jus ttalk. But Hampton looks to be good, but there's no chance of them and Cloudland meeting up twice. I'd put money on it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BY THE WAY FOR ALL YOU HAMPTON FANS CLOUDLAND IS RANKED # 1 IN STATE AND HAMPTON IS NOT EVEN RANKED. LOTS OF IMPROVEMENT NEEDED AND IF CLOUDLAND BEATS CHEROKEE LOOK OUT HAMPTON!

825739753[/snapback]

Ha. Ha. to anyone that thinks Cloudland is ranked No.#1..........If you take a closer look at the coacht poll you are referring to it is only a LIST of unbeaten teams or winning % to this point. Unless you want to include Grace Baptist of Chattanooga and TN School for the Deaf in the TOP TEN teams in the state......BTW it is in alphabetical order which is the ONLY REASON Cloudland is listed first...... :(:(:D

Edited by kingfish66

It is obvious that most of the teams being named are from Middle or East Tennessee. Union City moved to Region 7A this year. They are now in the same region with Lake County and classification as Jackson Christian. The Golden Tornadoes soundly defeated a very strong Lake County team this past Friday night. This was considered the game that the winner would be the front runner for the region championship. Union City has had two down years but has the firepower to contend this year. I am sure that these A schools are not familiar with Union City's tradition. You might want to reconsider your choices for the best team in A. B)

Yeah and it won't be South PITT either.

825739858[/snapback]

I haven't said it would be, but I will go on the record right now and say that it will be SP next year and the year after. And I will further say that it won't be Cloudland in the next 10 years. As for polls and rankings: I think Sonny Moore pretty well has it right.

Edited by krp

I haven't said it would be, but I will go on the record right now and say that it will be SP next year and the year after. And I will further say that it won't be Cloudland in the next 10 years. As for polls and rankings: I think Sonny Moore pretty well has it right.

825739946[/snapback]

You are right ,it won't be Cloudland. Hampton will be the team to watch. I also think Sonny Moore's ratings are real close. It takes a few weeks but if you watch real close,Hampton will climb every week. Ialso agree South Pitt could be the team to beat if they can keep the kids in school long enough. South Pitt is blessed with talent, Schools like Cloudland and Hampton have to develop football players. Watch Hampton over the nezt few seasons,they may get pretty good.

You are right ,it won't be Cloudland. Hampton will be the team to watch. I also think Sonny Moore's ratings are real close. It takes a few weeks but if you watch real close,Hampton will climb every week. Ialso agree South Pitt could be the team to beat if they can keep the kids in school long enough. South Pitt is blessed with talent, Schools like Cloudland and Hampton have to develop football players. Watch Hampton over the nezt few seasons,they may get pretty good.

825740039[/snapback]

Hey Pujo,

I was just joking about the 10 years. I saw your name and thought I woukd rile you a little. You might be right about Hampton but it might be a blessing in disguise since Hampton came down to 1A Cloudland may play harder against them and get better int the process from the better competition. I think we are going to have a pretty good team for the next 2 or 3 years, but becoming state champions is never certain for anyone. Too much can happen on any given night. Good luck to yall in the coming weeks!

It is obvious that most of the teams being named are from Middle or East Tennessee.  Union City moved to Region 7A this year. They are now in the same region with Lake County and classification as Jackson Christian.  The Golden Tornadoes soundly defeated a very strong Lake County team this past Friday night.  This was considered the game that the winner would be the front runner for the region championship.  Union City has had two down years but has the firepower to contend this year.  I am sure that these A schools are not familiar with Union City's tradition.  You might want to reconsider your choices for the best team in A. :)

825739936[/snapback]

I concur bhhvols.

i will say you have to put hampton and cloudland into the mix , they our both two good teams with great coaches, and both have lots heart! if hampton can win there conf and stay healthy! i think they will have a great chance with home field advantage, and its always tough at roan mountain. but its still early to tell i guess we will see at week 10. good luck to both teams. go bulldogs