JPII vs. FRHS

Father Ryan Wrestling

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We scored on ur first and second string more than once, so dont try to make it sound like we werent the better team, our first D played 2 series so i mean that excuse can go both ways, we beat u fair and square so dont try to make excuses, that 80 yrd td drive on our 3rd series was against 1st D.

825714996[/snapback]

55, it was practice, a scrimmage, so who cares what the score was.

However, if your going to post, at least post the truth. Your 1st team did not score against the 1st team. Pope opened the game with a nice long clock controlling drive. Tate's long run was called back because of a stupid block in the back that had no bearing on him scoring. Once he got the edge, he was gone. It was called back but pope will learn from that mistake. Never the less, Pope continued on a long 10+ play drive and sneed punched it in. your first series ( against the 1's) ended with a nice 8 yard punt that went out of bounds on about your 30. Nice field position for the Knights, but since it was a practice, they moved the ball back to Popes side of the field . Pope moved the ball a little and punted it deep into your territory. Your next series (aganst the 1's) ended with another not so great punt giving JP2 the ball at about mid field. Again, nice field position for the knights, but since it was practice, the ball was moved back a bit into JP2s side of the field. The 1st quater ended so pope pulled its 1s. The 1s did come back on D for a few plays in the 3rd but then was yanked. You did score on a motley crew of second and third teamers. Now to your credit, you did score 3 or 4 times against the FRESHMAN D and if I'm not mistaken, you had a lot of the guys that started the practice in the game at that time. So unless you started the first quarter with subs, that was some, maybe not all, your 1's. Hey, I'm not trying to bash, just stating the facts. Both teams got some good work in trying to get ready for the GAMES that matter. No disrespect, just the whole story. B)

Who said our past games were scrimmages? We played them my sophomore year when they were considered "varsity" and beat them (i think it was their homecoming?). The only scrimmage we had against JPII was last year. No doubt it's going to be a challenge again this year but JPII makes it sound like if you beat Golden Tate and Courtney Coffee then you win. Can we have any other information on other good players on your team?

No doubt it's going to be a challenge again this year but JPII makes it sound like if you beat Golden Tate and Courtney Coffee then you win.

825715277[/snapback]

True, very true. Shut down Golden Tate and you have elimnated half the problems you face when you play JPII. And DONT say im wrong cause Pope would be nowhere without Tate

Dinker, nice to see you back, although you sound a little bitter....I think there is an earlier comment concerning our linemen who are now juniors and seniors and have started the previous 2-3 years. We have great ability at all positions on our varsity squad. I think Coach will bring them along this year. You know most of them have played varsity together the last 2 years. We return 9 starters on O and 8 on D. We have some experience.

You know Teddy we have yet to hear from you....how about Ryan's skill and non-skill position players. Who are they? What can we expect from them?

PS I agree with unanymous, the past is the past...DINK you live there too much. Move on little buddy.

FRWrestling PLEASE eliminate Tate. I am sure it will take more than one player on the field to ensure that. We'll see what happens.

DINK, I checked everywhere (TSSAA, COACHT, Ryan website) and there was no varsity game between Ryan and JP2 in the 2003 season. In fact, if you look on Ryan's website you will see that the game you are referring to was on Thursday, 10/09/03, as a makeup JV game which was scheduled earlier in the year. Now some of our varsity players probably played in that game since we had no seniors on the team at that time. That being said, you would be correct that you played against some of our varsity players in a JV game. Check your facts.

Edited by jp2fan

This game could go either way.

Pope can win

Ryan can win

Of course I am going for my team, but I know whoever plays the better game will win. If Pope wins, I wont be suprised. Theyve gotten good. Also, Ryan is evolving under a new program. Things will start out slow and develop over the games, if not years.

Go Irish, but this game can go either way.

Stop trash talking for the love of god. I ask a simple question and you get all emotional. And just for the record it was a real game, whether it went down in TSSAA history or whatever. I can't believe you actually took the time to check that but whatever floats your boat. Oh and by the way, we have skill positions at every position. I can't name a weak facet of our defense. Offense needs a little tweaking though.