Huntingdon Jamboree

treefitty74

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Gilmer is the coach but who do you think is the PRINCIPAL,A.D.,which ultimately have to sign off on the contracts! I know a few years ago when we were getting beat by Bruceton every year people ask B.Kee why don't they drop them he replied they have been playing forever,one of the best gates of the year and they would run me out of town if we dropped Bruceton.

I know Gilmer is the coach but who do you think is the PRINCIPAL,A.D.,which ultimately have to sign off on the contracts! I know a few years ago when we were getting beat by Bruceton every year people ask B.Kee why don't they drop them he replied they have been playing forever,one of the best gates of the year and they would run me out of town if we dropped Bruceton.

825717329[/snapback]

Lionfan1.... If Coach Ward went to Mr. Kee and says I wish we didn't play so and so next year. We've got a young squad and I'd like to keep my team healthy for the region. Now do you think Mr. Kee would say no, you need to play so and so because the school could use the money and don't worry about the region. I think the coach has final say so and I'll see Bill on Saturday night at the gate and I'll ask him myself for you...... :lol:

Lions4ever...  I beg your pardon respectively.  Camden didn't drop Bruceton when the Tigers were kicking their butt year after year.  With a 9 team region that leaves you 2 open dates.  Camden wouldn't have dropped Bruceton because they are just like Huntingdon and the game against Bruceton is a huge money game.  Why would Huntingdon drop a long time rival and put AAA Liberty on their schedule.  They won't bring enough fans to open up the south end concession stand... :lol:  Swapping Camden and Huntingdon for Fayette Academy and McEwen is good planning on Gilmer's part.

Lionfan1..  Sturdivant and McGee no longer coach at Bruceton.  It was Gilmer's decision.  Good programs play top competition.  Huntingdon has played Milan,Westview and Union City the last several years even though they wern't region games.  Now the games against Milan and Westview mean more because of the region implications.

825716885[/snapback]

Mr Mustang....maybe you need to read my post more carefully... you'll see I wasn't speaking about what Huntingdon did or did not do...I was speaking of Camden and Bruceton's coaches doing what was best for their teams respectively....personally I don't know or particularly care what happened with the Bruceton /Huntingdon game....Bruceton made the right decision dropping the Lions and the Mustangs and I said CAMDEN would have dropped them anyway so we could maintain a higher level of competition...nothing was said about Huntingdon's decision either way...read it again I think you'll see what I'm saying...and yes I heard it myself we would have dropped them if they hadn't dropped us first...Coach Ward had to pick our 2 non-region games to maximize our level of competition...Huntingdon wouldn't have had to drop them because they have a very tough region schedule already and it would have been nice to have kept your rivalry game going...but Camden didn't have that luxury..our region competetiton is not quite up to par with the Mustangs.

Edited by Lions4ever

No Lion4ever I am a true Camden fan,I've played here and I know the history of what has happened in the past so that is the basis of my arguments.  Are you from here I think you just moved here and really don't understand the rivalry with Bruceton.

825717335[/snapback]

I can almost guarantee that I have been following Camden football since before you were in diapers so I don't think you can tell me anything about the Camden/Bruceton rivalry that I have not been here to witness first hand....what you don't seem to understand is how football programs that are trying to move up and improve do things...It makes perfect sense to those of us that have been here to see the up and downs of our team and the neighboring teams over the last 30 years....when you are doing well you schedule games to improve yourselves...when you are down you lower the level of competition, start winning and getting people excited about your program and then adjust your level of competition accordingly....in a few years we will probably see Bruceton back on our schedule but until then it makes sense for both teams to move on.