Huntingdon Jamboree

treefitty74

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
I know they are in our region(another wrong move but I will not get into that) but you are clueless if you think Martin is going to be bigger gate than if you played Bruceton.  You must be a transplant from somewhere else.

825716695[/snapback]

Do you think that the Camden coaches made the decision to play in that region????

Lewis Co. & Camden have knocked each other out of the playoffs the past few years and now that they are region foes that will without question battle for a region title yearly Lions4ever is right when he says that it is gonna become a rivalry.

Coach Gilmer did the right thing for his program by dropping Camden and Huntingdon from the schedule.  Why should he play them?  He's trying to rebuild a program.  At this point, not only would those games result in big losses on the scoreboard, it's possible they could result in big losses on the field with injuries.

825716711[/snapback]

Exactly!...and as far as Camden making money on the Bruceton game it just wasn't happening anymore...Bruceton didn't have a big following anymore...last year the Camden fans outnumbered the bruceton fans and they were at home....the coaches all did the right thing for their respective programs...Bruceton will have a tough enough region schedule without scheduling teams like Camden and Huntingdon on top of it.

The Camden coaches,administration or whoever chose to play in that region and that is a fact believe me I KNOW!  I am not saying that was a bad move who would want to play Milan,USJ,Huntingdon,etc. but that has already been debated and is water under the bridge.  Should we drop Huntingdon Lions4ever since we have not beaten them in forever?

825716790[/snapback]

You don't know crap about crap so stop kidding yourself no....you have to play the best to be the best....no matter what, Camden has to go through Huntingdon to get to the Boro...Bruceton doesn't have to go through either one of us to get there in 1a so it doesn't make sense to play against a team that you can't compete with anymore....but I'm done with this subject ,we'll just agree to disagree like always. BTW good luck and may you all stay healthy to all the teams in the Jamboree I can't wait to watch ya'll this Friday!

Edited by Lions4ever

The Camden coaches,administration or whoever chose to play in that region and that is a fact believe me I KNOW!  I am not saying that was a bad move who would want to play Milan,USJ,Huntingdon,etc. but that has already been debated and is water under the bridge.  Should we drop Huntingdon Lions4ever since we have not beaten them in forever?

825716790[/snapback]

Correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure Camden had no say in which region they landed in. You Lions need to quit kicking yourselves and get to the business at hand. Just like Huntingdon, Yall have a tough row to hoe for the next few weeks.

Guest catfish-hunter
You don't know crap about crap so stop kidding yourself  no....you have to play the best to be the best....no matter what, Camden has to go through Huntingdon to get to the Boro...Bruceton doesn't have to go through either one of us to get there in 1a so it doesn't make sense to play against a team that you can't compete with anymore....but I'm done with this subject ,we'll just agree to disagree like always. BTW good luck and may you all stay healthy to all the teams in the Jamboree I can't wait to watch ya'll this Friday!

825716801[/snapback]

Camden has to go through Lewis Co. in their region, then Goodpasture and DCA come playoff time. If they make it beyond this point then they can talk about a dream semifinals showdown with Huntingdon, Milan, Westview, or even GW Carver.

Correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure Camden had no say in which region they landed in. You Lions need to quit kicking yourselves and get to the business at hand. Just like Huntingdon, Yall have a tough row to hoe for the next few weeks.

825716806[/snapback]

lionfan1 is an idiot and not a true camden fan...he just likes to start stuff...I know Huntingdon has had a few of those kind of posters too so I know you know what I'm saying...and you are right we have a very hard row to hoe...one game at a time one week at a time will be our motto now. Good luck except of course in that week 1 game anyway :D

Hey if they hadn't dropped us we would have dropped them...with a 9 team region why would we want to play a struggling 1a squad for one of the only 2 non-region games we could schedule....get real, both coaches did what was best for their squads....Bruceton needs to get back to their winning ways and Camden needs to keep up their level of competition so they will be ready for the playoffs....why start something stupid when its unnecessary....good luck to Bruceton this year.

825716600[/snapback]

Lions4ever... I beg your pardon respectively. Camden didn't drop Bruceton when the Tigers were kicking their butt year after year. With a 9 team region that leaves you 2 open dates. Camden wouldn't have dropped Bruceton because they are just like Huntingdon and the game against Bruceton is a huge money game. Why would Huntingdon drop a long time rival and put AAA Liberty on their schedule. They won't bring enough fans to open up the south end concession stand... :P Swapping Camden and Huntingdon for Fayette Academy and McEwen is good planning on Gilmer's part.

Lionfan1.. Sturdivant and McGee no longer coach at Bruceton. It was Gilmer's decision. Good programs play top competition. Huntingdon has played Milan,Westview and Union City the last several years even though they wern't region games. Now the games against Milan and Westview mean more because of the region implications.