Choo Choo Suprises?

ComPassion

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*I liked #21 OH at Anderson, good grunts.

825715748[/snapback]

Brittany Carter

I was pleasantly surprised with where our team is this early in the year, considering we played 7 new players, 5 that didn't really play much at all, if any last year and 2 that haven't really played volleyball at all before. Good athletes with a lot of potential. We showed our age a couple of times, but didn't let it get us down and came right back and competed well.

East Ridge looks good - Brock is a great player, #3 and the Haskew girl both played well. We began our day with them - lost 25-23 in the first after a Libero sub problem cost us the serve. Won 25-16 in the second and I think it was 16-15 us in the last when time was up - not positive on the last score, they flipped it back pretty fast at the end of the match.

Brentwood ...need I say more? They just play great together.

Sullivan South looks VERY good and their setter is a player. We ended our day splitting with them. Got down early in the first game 15 -5 I - showed some character (IMHO) and finished 25-18. Won the second 25-19 (again - score flipped pretty quick after the match).

Good day - Good food as usual - only misstep was we lost the gym lights for about 15 minutes during a big thunderstorm :) . Enjoyed talking with Compassion briefly yesterday :)

Edited by theghost20

Thanks for the reports, guys. I know it's hard to get all of the scores, but I appreciate your efforts.

GPS must be pretty good to win over Brentwood - I bet that was a great match.

I'll be looking your some reports on today's action late tonight if any of you can, but I know everyone will be tired.

The best teams I saw were Brentwood, Sullivan South, East Ridge and Anderson County. The biggest surprise was Anderson County. I watched them against East Ridge and against Sulivan South. Without sounding silly, I was blown away.

What are they doing at AC? Ghost I need some info.

Were 7 of their players really first timers? I talked to some of their fans and was told that one of the best players didn't play because of a broken arm, and that 2 of the starters were freshman. Is that trur?

I saw AC at state last year and this team is way better. Which club team do they play for?

The match against SSouth was the best I saw all day. AC blew them off of the court the last game.

AC also had the most athletic team I've seen, including Brentwood.

I loved the smaller of the 2 middles. I say smaller, she had to bed 6' to 6'1". The big middle was 6'5". The "small" middle is a warrior. I loved her.

The libero was the best I've seen this year, for anybody. She owned Tillman.

What impressed me most was how all 5 of their hitters attacked. 21 is as good as Brock.

Watch out for this team.

Ghost what are you guys doing? Let us know.

How did Cookeville look?

Are they better then East Ridge or Cent HS, or a team of that caliber? Just curious.

I have been pimping Sullivan South now for about 6 months. I got to see them play at the state tourny last year and they were fun too watch. Even though they didn't win much at state, I felt that they were a year away.

I haven't seen any articles on the Choo Choo Scrimmage in the Chattanoogan yet. If anyone who attended has any impressions or how their team did, it would be appreciated by those of us who could not attend. Was this scrimmage just a one day affair or did they play on Sunday as well?

I haven't seen any articles on the Choo Choo Scrimmage in the Chattanoogan yet.  If anyone who attended has any impressions or how their team did, it would be appreciated by those of us who could not attend.  Was this scrimmage just a one day affair or did they play on Sunday as well?

825716584[/snapback]

...just Saturday.

I haven't seen any articles on the Choo Choo Scrimmage in the Chattanoogan yet.  If anyone who attended has any impressions or how their team did, it would be appreciated by those of us who could not attend.  Was this scrimmage just a one day affair or did they play on Sunday as well?

825716584[/snapback]

One day Pageman. I watched 2 games and part of a third. East Ridge against Baylor little sloppy from East Ridge however COACH NEELEY was letting some of her bench play not so sure if Baylor was. They probably were too! That score was 25 to 23 then second was about the same Baylor winning. East Ridge came out sloppy in last match of the day lost the first game but came back looking better and winning the last two. Notre Dame dropped into 6A/AA and looks like a very good scrappy team and when these 2 meet again it should be a very good game to watch. I also watched part of the Notre Dame and Boyd Buchanan they looked evenly matched didn't catch scores. If anybody has scores please post? Course let's remember this was just practice games with coaches playing around with lineups. But looks to me even in these games Baylor Notre Dame and Boyd will be very competitive in their respective districts.

DougW,

All 4 of those you mentioned should improve ALOT during the season ...the pace of improvement will be interesting to watch and make for another good, unpredictable season.

I got to see a few other tms at R.Bank, but didn't get to see R.Bank, anyway GPS is without a doubt, like NO doubt, ready to play full speed right now more than any other local tm. In the Brentwood match they dug (to the setter) Brentwood's spikes that others flinched at & shanked ..or were still rotating to defensive positions for! So GPS will have an advantage in that their "hesitant curve" has already straightened out and now they have a full season of "doin it" in front of them ..whereas others are apparently in a traditional curve.

Brock had the most skilled hit I saw all day, a 2-ball she cut to her rt around an Anderson MB, landed at 3.1m ...hard.

Good luck to all.

Thanks for the reports, everyone. Some how I thought they were playing two days, but I re-checked my schedules and realized it was only one day. From the reports I've read above, it appears GPS was the best. It also appears that the coaches are experimenting with diffferent lineups, subs, etc. in an effort to find their best teams. The regular season starts next Mon. when they should be settled down with their lineups. I guess there will be more experimenting or giving 2nd line players more playing time at the Brentwood Blastoff this Friday and Saturday. I will post what scores I can get as Page plays every other hour so I will pick the more interesting matches to watch.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Best-of-three sectional series vs East Robertson at home starting Wednesday.  They put us out last year at this point.  Go Pirates!!
    • I don't believe they have anyone that is surbers caliber but a decent staff overall.
    • Richland plays at McKenzie on Wed.  Should be a good series.  Does Richland have good pitching?  
    • Congratulations to the Warrior baseball team winning the Region Championship.  Last night the football team beat Franklin Co 33-0 in their spring scrimmage. Warriors looked very good. Missing a few players who were playing baseball but still absolutely dominated. A lot of young ones got in halfway through the 3rd when the score reached 33-0. QB Tilton Pickett looked very sharp.  Sam Pickett is on another level this season. Seems to have put on 15 to 20 lbs in the off season and added a step as well. Transfer from last year Williamson caught numerous balls and is very elusive. Lots of athletes on this team. Defense was smothering and will only get better. The head coach from Sewanee was in attendance and offered 2 kids after the game. Could be a special year.