Franklin at Lincoln County

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Well, I never post a game thread before the Saturday of the week prior so here we are, just a tad bit late. Sorry. Thought this would be a more interesting poll question than about who will win (see The Big Ones for that). I'm leaning towards unsure and/or no, that the lack of Coach J will change this game much. It has been the past few years a great, exciting start to the season for both teams. Back to the Pit this year... let's hope the weather stays out of it! And man, I'm jealous of EVERY single one of y'all that will be in Lincoln County Friday night.

Thoughts... predictions... whatever, let's have it!

And of course, GO REBELS! (And good health to the Falcons, right BDD?)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to several LaVergne players....Lavergne put a pretty good whipping on Lincoln County and based on the scrimmage we had with LaVergne, their players said "You won't have any problem with Lincoln County. They have a couple of big lineman but they are not Div 1 prospects and they(the team) are slower than they have ever been."

All that aside, this rivalry is one that calls for weather forecasts and nail biting! Each of the last three years this game has come under weather delay and has caused momentum to swing because of it.

Three years ago a goal line stand on the one yard line by Franklin sealed the victory. Two years ago Franklin came roaring back in the second half and was stopped just short of pulling it off. Last year another close game. All three years the difference was less than a touchdown 2002 ~ 7-6 Franklin, 2003 ~ 33-28 Lincoln Co. and 2004 ~ 14-9 Franklin.

I feel pretty certain that the new Franklin coach will want to schedule some KY school next year as a season opener, so this will probably be the last of this series. I look forward to going to the Pit one last time!

How did Franklin do in their scrimmages this pre-season?

825715988[/snapback]

Scrimmages are starting to go the way of Jamborees... don't want to get anyone hurt so lets see what the sophomores look like!

Or lets break it down into 7 v 7 for the receivers and DBs and let's let the hoggies play 2 v 2 or 4 v 4.

And of course you then throw in the "let's just run the basic stuff so as to not show our hand" routine.

With all that said, I am very impressed with Franklin's QB Michael Mikrut, he has the ability of many great QBs I've seen. I'd put him right up there with the likes of TC Jennings from Ravenwood, Austin Everson of Brentwood, Matt Solima of Franklin, Michael Edmiston of Lincoln Co. and dare I say it ... Dave Thomas of Riverdale. The arm strength and running ability are both there and the confidence has been built very nicely through numerous passing scrimmages(10 or 12 I think since the spring). The receiver corp is better than what Thomas or Edmiston had and as good or better than Jennings' and Everson's. When comparing him to Solima I have to second guess the offensive play calling of the new coach (Clayton) versus D. Nowell and the offensive line of both teams. My thought is that the running game of Franklin is not as strong (combination of backs and lineman) as compared to years past and with the knowledge that this new coach is a QB coach I would say that Mikrut will have the opportunity to be the "hero or the goat" more so than QBs in the past.

John Hewitt (WR#5) put the midstate on notice with some great running during the track season with best times in the 200 and 400. Some say he's not the sprinter that Ryan Nichols'03 (TN Tech) or Joe Bell '03 (Samford) but I would beg to differ.

I look for him to challenge Bell's record for TD's off Punt Returns and Kick Offs!

Todd Campbell (WR#1) can catch the high ball down the sideline and was on the heels of Hewitt during track season. He caught the TD pass late in the State Championship game.

Todd Crawford #40 will lead the defense at safety and has picked up his intensity and ability to knock people silly!

The talent is there ... I would look for a return to high scoring games similar to 2003 where FHS averaged 35 points a game, the question becomes what will Ravenwood, Brentwood bring to the table?

Prediction Franklin 45 Lincoln Co 17

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Prediction  Franklin 45 Lincoln Co 17

825716027[/snapback]

Ouch.

That hurts.

But it's gonna hurt you alot more come Friday night around 9:30 or so when you're choking on all those crow (or rather Falcon) feathers!!!!

The rivalry certainly will suffer a bit due to Johnson leaving...I doubt either coach wants to beat the other near as much as Johnson and Thompson wanted to.

The Falcons will come from behind and win it this year!

Let's go Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat FRANKLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to several LaVergne players....Lavergne put a pretty good whipping on Lincoln County and based on the scrimmage we had with LaVergne, their players said "You won't have any problem with Lincoln County. They have a couple of big lineman but they are not Div 1 prospects and they(the team) are slower than they have ever been." 

All that aside, this rivalry is one that calls for weather forecasts and nail biting! Each of the last three years this game has come under weather delay and has caused momentum to swing because of it.

Three years ago a goal line stand on the one yard line by Franklin sealed the victory. Two years ago Franklin came roaring back in the second half and was stopped just short of pulling it off. Last year another close game. All three years the difference was less than a touchdown 2002 ~ 7-6 Franklin, 2003 ~ 33-28 Lincoln Co. and 2004 ~ 14-9 Franklin.

I feel pretty certain that the new Franklin coach will want to schedule some KY school next year as a season opener, so this will probably be the last of this series. I look forward to going to the Pit one last time!

825715985[/snapback]

Two Things...

1. The LaVergne OLine are all Sophomores & Juniors. The DLine are all Seniors. Not sure which you were talking about?

2. Franklin will beat Lincoln County so bad, they will want to end the game at 1/2 time.