MBA & Coach Rutledge

Rebels93

I had a chance to hear Coach Rutledge on Saturday morning on Spartanburg 1400am. Our Play by Play announcer has a radio show and Coach Rutledge was on there this past Saturday morning. I don't know the guy, but listening to his interview this man seems to define Class! I can see why MBA has had so much success over the years.

Look forward to making the trip up to Nashville on Thursday.

Check out Byrnes Rebel Football @ www.rebelstdclub.com

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a chance to hear Coach Rutledge on Saturday morning on Spartanburg 1400am.  Our Play by Play announcer has a radio show and Coach Rutledge was on there this past Saturday morning.  I don't know the guy, but listening to his interview this man seems to define Class!  I can see why MBA has had so much success over the years. 

Look forward to making the trip up to Nashville on Thursday.

Check out Byrnes Rebel Football @ www.rebelstdclub.com

825716571[/snapback]

He's a superb coach and seems to be a good man. He coaches my rival, but I've got mad respect for him.

I can't wait to hear how the MBA/Byrnes game unfolds. As tough as MBA's schedules have been the past couple years, it looks like Byrnes may be the hardest team the Big Red have played since Bolles in 2000.

He's a superb coach and seems to be a good man.  He coaches my rival, but I've got mad respect for him.

I can't wait to hear how the MBA/Byrnes game unfolds.  As tough as MBA's schedules have been the past couple years, it looks like Byrnes may be the hardest team the Big Red have played since Bolles in 2000.

825716710[/snapback]

The 'scrimmage' they had against R'dale was pretty tough compitition and hopefully they all learned from it.

Your right about Coach Rutledge though. He is a class act and has his team playing the best he can find and doesn't back off from anybody.

Sadly, I won't be able to make the game, and I'm very nervous about what may happen to the Big Red, but as a UGA student, I'd love to hear some opinions of the Byrnes DB and future Bulldawg Prince Miller from anyone who can attend. I hope MBA has improved since their Riverdale debacle as well.

Edited by Redtwin

Sadly, I won't be able to make the game, and I'm very nervous about what may happen to the Big Red, but as a UGA student, I'd love to hear some opinions of the Byrnes DB and future Bulldawg Prince Miller from anyone who can attend.  I hope MBA has improved since their Riverdale debacle as well.

825716830[/snapback]

Don't put too much stock in a scrimmage. I'm sure Coach Rutledge placed as much emphasis on having the "winning" score as he did on what he had for breakfast that morning. Scrimmages are practice...nothing more nothing less. He'll have them ready for their best effort against Byrnes.

Don't put too much stock in a scrimmage.  I'm sure Coach Rutledge placed as much emphasis on having the "winning" score as he did on what he had for breakfast that morning.  Scrimmages are practice...nothing more nothing less.  He'll have them ready for their best effort against Byrnes.

825716878[/snapback]

Normally I agree...but you evidently didn't read the City Paper writeup on that scrimmage. I think it meant a little more than that to both teams. That is not your run of the mill scrimmage.

Edited by Antwan

Normally I agree...but you evidently didn't read the City Paper writeup on that scrimmage. I think it meant a little more than that to both teams.  That is not your run of the mill scrimmage.

825716884[/snapback]

No, I didn't read their write up. Must have missed it somehow, since I usually really enjoy their coverage. Scrimmages are fun to talk about until the first actual game, then they are forgotten.

Both teams still 0-0, I believe.

No, I didn't read their write up.  Must have missed it somehow, since I usually really enjoy their coverage.  Scrimmages are fun to talk about until the first actual game, then they are forgotten.

Both teams still 0-0, I believe.

825716901[/snapback]

It was an interesting article. Rutledge said that he was disappointed that they didn't compete with Riverdale. Rankin was very excited that they pounded MBA. That doesn't sound like typical scrimmage comments to me. You are correct that they both are 0-0.

Edited by Antwan

I wouldn't put much stock in a single thing Gary Rankin says. Of course he's going to brag about "pounding" MBA in the scrimmage. I would love to hear his answer when asked why he won't schedule MBA in a regular season game.

825716946[/snapback]

He won't play them because of principle. There are many that share the same sentiment. Like it or not...that's the way it is.