Up & Coming Freshmen

lbhiii

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

russell hoop is a good freshamn from brentwood high

hoop is good....caleb procter won 1 against him out of two...and procter also split with burnett and burnett and hoop split with each other

it was said earlier that hoop lost to procter because he wrestled like a moron...i quote this...but the facts (as stated above) say different...

it cannot be encouraging for hoop or burnett that they got beat last year by a first year wrestler...which is exactly what procter was

just wait until you see what Chattanooga has to unleash as Freshman.

do you have any names?

I saw Patton wrestle last year and he is good, but not as good as his resume makes him out to be. A couple of freshmen that might make some noise is Joseph Proctor (Cookeville) and Chanse Hayes (Baylor). I dont know what weight class Proctor will wrestle, but Hayes was at 130 at the Super32 tourney and went 2-2.

Metro Nashville wrestlers are not consider good technical wrestlers, but here are some freshmen that are as good as any in middle TN and will make some noise in their region:

Luis Aguilar (103) East Lit State qualifier as a 8th grader

Thomas Holman (130) McGavock 2x MS City Champ

Shawn Garrett (135/140) East Lit MS City Champ, TWF Schoolboy State Champ

You will here about these guys within the next three years.

would love to hear why patton is not as good as resume???...is it strength...technique...he is a national placer at many of the best tournaments...and went 42-2 last year...(with about 35 pins) with both of his losses coming to joseph procter...who is also a national placer at many of the same tournaments...just wondering...

and ...how could garret win the twf state championship...it seems that there must not have been many of the best wrestler's there??? because he could not even win the several tournaments i saw him wrestle in...local and conference tournaments...

Edited by gobbler2

would love to hear why patton is not as good as resume???...is it strength...technique...he is a national placer at many of the best tournaments...and went 42-2 last year...(with about 35 pins) with both of his losses coming to joseph procter...who is also a national placer at many of the same tournaments...just wondering...

and ...how could garret win the twf state championship...it seems that there must not have been many of the best wrestler's there??? because he could not even win the several tournaments i saw him wrestle in...local and conference tournaments...

First, my opinion about patton is just that, my opinion. Like I said before he is a good wrestler. I look forward to seeing him compete in high school.

Second, I do agree that this garrett kid did rely more on his athletic ability than technique, but it is not unusual for a 1st or 2nd year wrestler to rely on athletics to win a match when most of his opponents have move experience. If he continues to develope and get better, he will become a more technical wrestler.

As for garrett winning the twf folkstyle state, I don't know how many of the best wrestlers was there, that depend upon you opinion of who is the best. He did defeat Carson Burnett in the finals and someone earlier listed him as being one the best.

Since this topic was stated to identify (not debate about who is the best) up and coming freshmen. Another kid to watch for is Thomas Lumberg (152/160) @ Brentwood Academy, this kid has alot of potential. Very athletic.

Tell us who to watch.

Here are a few that I know of:

Tyler Newman - McCallie Coach Mike Newmans son 152-160

Jake Young -Ooltewa (sp) 152-160 A man

Tee Boone - ND- 103-112

Chris Glascock McCallie 103

Here's a start , I know there are many more, but can't bring them to memory.

It's tough getting old, bodys gone memorys gone but I still got my hair, I just keep it in the bathtub

can I get an amen

Here are a few that I know of:

Tyler Newman - McCallie Coach Mike Newmans son 152-160

Jake Young -Ooltewa (sp) 152-160 A man

Tee Boone - ND- 103-112

Chris Glascock McCallie 103

Here's a start , I know there are many more, but can't bring them to memory.

It's tough getting old, bodys gone memorys gone but I still got my hair, I just keep it in the bathtub

can I get an amen

tell me more about jake young and newman...seems like i saw them wrestle last year but my mind cannot recall...

did they wrestle aau in tennessee and if so...what weight class...did they wrestle any national tournaments like liberty and dixie nationals or ohio tournaments of champions...etc

First, my opinion about patton is just that, my opinion. Like I said before he is a good wrestler. I look forward to seeing him compete in high school.

Second, I do agree that this garrett kid did rely more on his athletic ability than technique, but it is not unusual for a 1st or 2nd year wrestler to rely on athletics to win a match when most of his opponents have move experience. If he continues to develope and get better, he will become a more technical wrestler.

As for garrett winning the twf folkstyle state, I don't know how many of the best wrestlers was there, that depend upon you opinion of who is the best. He did defeat Carson Burnett in the finals and someone earlier listed him as being one the best.

Since this topic was stated to identify (not debate about who is the best) up and coming freshmen. Another kid to watch for is Thomas Lumberg (152/160) @ Brentwood Academy, this kid has alot of potential. Very athletic.

sorry...not trying to debate who is the best...communication is messy at best...especially on the internet...

i was just wondering your thoughts or why you said the things you did!!!

i was assuming that you maybe saw somethings that i did not...or knew more information that would bring clarity on the subject...

in light of that clarification...what weight will garrett wrestle this year and is he getting good development???

and...since you saw patton wrestle...what were his strengths and weaknesses...in your opinion...or why did you think he was not as good as resume

and...chase haynes...where is he from...i forgot...and is he from a good program

tell me more about jake young and newman...seems like i saw them wrestle last year but my mind cannot recall...

did they wrestle aau in tennessee and if so...what weight class...did they wrestle any national tournaments like liberty and dixie nationals or ohio tournaments of champions...etc

Jake is a solid wrestler with great strength and quickness. I am unsure if he wrestled in any of those tournaments.

Tyler is another solid wrestler with great technique and is also very strong. He will have a good career at McCallie and yet again I am unsure about any tournaments.

Another one to watch is Tyler Watson from Baylor probable 215 good strength but not the fleetest of foot he will be a good one if he developes some quickness.

Edited by redraider0185