Forefeits and Statistics

ETSUBroadcaster25

A general question here, and I probably am sure of the answer, but I wanted to get (hopefully) a more definate answer.

Let's take for example you have a game with Team A vs. Team B.

Team A forefits, making Team B a 1-0 winner. We all know that rule.

But, since the score is modified, wouldn't it be as if the game never happened?

To make my point, if the score is offically 1-0, would all statistcal achievement/performance throughout the game be wiped off the books as well? I think this matters when you figure into potential 1,000 yard RBs, etc. etc., it could happen.

Thanks!

Nicholas J. Mooneyhan

http://www.nicholasmooneyhan.com/netnfb05/

Let me add another question. If the stats stand because of a forfeit later in the year....what if an ineligible player had most of those stats in the game. I know he was ineligible and you may say his stats are wiped clean, but he still accounted for what happened in the game. How can a player get credit for a tackle if the runners stats are erased. We wondering this situation over some middle school forfeits. Any takers?

Let me add another question. If the stats stand because of a forfeit later in the year....what if an ineligible player had most of those stats in the game. I know he was ineligible and you may say his stats are wiped clean, but he still accounted for what happened in the game. How can a player get credit for a tackle if the runners stats are erased. We wondering this situation over some middle school forfeits. Any takers?

825717938[/snapback]

All stats stay the same, except for the ineligible player/s.

All stats stay the same, except for the ineligible player/s.

825717955[/snapback]

Ok, I don't mean to get tedious on this but, if the players stats don't count how do you have total yardage, rushing yards, etc. The guy we played ran all over us with seven TD's in two games. He carried most times. So the team totals count even though they were the ineligible players???

I think this is why they have asterisks. :D

Seriously. The ineligible players stats would count, but I would move them apart from the other players and list his stats with an * and describe why. The use of the ineligible player and his stats attatained caused a "team Forfeit." That way, his individual stats are counted and listed but not necessaily included. I'm sure that was made as clear as mud....