7 AAA

GreatExpectations

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Siegel beat Cookeville last night...and from what I heard Siegel played really really bad and still got the W...looks like Cookeville might not be as good as advertised or they had a bad night too

825750618[/snapback]

Cookeville may have lost this first match, but there will be second match before the season ends. Siegel had not lost a game to a district opponent until they played Cookeville. Since Cookeville is the only team in the district to take 2 wins against Siegel, I don't think I would consider them an easy win. When there are 2 teams so closely matched that they go to the 5th game, it's a toss-up who wins the match. Cookeville has some strong talent, but also some weak players and when they get caught in certain rotations, they struggle. If they could get the right combination of players on the court, they would be hard to beat. Not to take anything from Siegel - they're a great team that never gives up.

I wasn't at the match just what I heard and thats why i said perhaps they had a bad match too and that it was a bad match for both thats why I mentioned that I just know that Siegel played really bad

825755211[/snapback]

There is an article in the Cookeville Newspaper about the game. Very interesting article.

http://WWW.herald-citizen.com

Wow...some pretty bold statements in there from Cookeville head coach.... # 1 rule in interviews...never add fuel to the other teams fire like she did in that interview

825755278[/snapback]

Fairly aggressive interview. Rather bold statements about her MH. I don't doubt that Siegel will be hunting Cookeville when it's time for districts.

Fairly aggressive interview. Rather bold statements about her MH. I don't doubt that Siegel will be hunting Cookeville when it's time for districts.

825755545[/snapback]

Cookeville is looking forward to meeting Siegel again. The Cookeville MH - #21 - Nikki James - deserves the praise. Not sure how to get that name out as a contender for Top Players in the state, but as a junior she still has another year to improve. Taylor Denney - #11 - SET/OH is also a strong force on the court. All the top Player lists I've seen have not listed any players from Cookeville's district, except for the Murfreesboro schools. Does Club ball play a part when those lists are made up?

I don't think Coach Brooks intended to incite Siegel. Probably more of a challenge to show confidence in her team. Cookeville has great respect for Siegel - players and coaches - and it's always great to watch 2 good teams play.

Cookeville is looking forward to meeting Siegel again.  The Cookeville MH - #21 - Nikki James - deserves the praise.  Not sure how to get that name out as a contender for Top Players in the state, but as a junior she still has another year to improve.  Taylor Denney - #11 - SET/OH is also a strong force on the court.  All the top Player lists I've seen have not listed any players from Cookeville's district, except for the Murfreesboro schools.  Does Club ball play a part when those lists are made up?

I don't think Coach Brooks intended to incite Siegel.  Probably more of a challenge to show confidence in her team.  Cookeville has great respect for Siegel - players and coaches - and it's always great to watch 2 good teams play.

825756162[/snapback]

No doubt one of the best blockers/defensive MH around. She is a really good player.

I have a feeling that CHS and Siegel will play at least 3 more times this season.

Announcements