can reid keep alcoa focused

al1558

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't know this was grammar class..have seen much worse..some of you complaining can't even spell grammar :) . any way you get the idea of what i am saying. the "autograph" session was for kids, students, adults, if you wanted an autograph you could get it. some times if you are so good with your super D1's you need to be humble. you will be humbled by maryville. so enjoy your scrimmage in kentucky. remember not to think ahead to what awaits you on august 26, 2005 :lol::lol::lol::o

No one knows the future......... But I will say this..........

Huntingdon is watching and waiting!!! :lol:

Last year is gone.... you sqeaked by and won it with great coaching. Athletically: evenly matched. This year is the same except one thing... NOW WE KNOW HOW TO KICK YOU WHEN YOURE DOWN! Last year we didnt punish you when you were behind by 17 points.

Great job in 2005 Alcoa. Now a NEW season is here.

If there is a football GOD... All I ask of him are 2 wishes

1)One game at a time......

2)WE WANT ALCOA!!!!

GO STANGS!!!!

didn't know this was grammar class..have seen much worse..some of you complaining can't even spell grammar :o . any way you get the idea of what i am saying.  the "autograph" session was for kids, students, adults, if you wanted an autograph you could get it.  some times if you are so good with your super D1's you need to be humble.  you will be humbled by maryville.  so enjoy your scrimmage in kentucky.  remember not to think ahead to what awaits you on august 26, 2005 :)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

825719268[/snapback]

Maybe you should let your daughter go to Maryville. How cares if they were having an "autograph session" or whatever, it's all in good fun. It's not like it was the players ideas, it was probably the schools.

first to tom - don't criticize my grammar or spelling. read your last post. second, i thought that this would be a totally negative thread, but there are a few who understand what i'm saying. reid is covering his tail already...quote from reid in local newspaper, "he's not worried about the tigers right now..he is concerned about alcoa getting lined up and not making mistakes. WELL NOW IS THE TIME TO WORRY ABOUT THE TIGERS....and a team returning 20 starters and the great depth that they have developed SHOULD BE ABLE TO LINE UP AND KNOW THEIR ASSIGNMENTS...get real...if they don't know how to line up by now what have they been doing in practice...the statements are ridiculous....and for the english majors...excuse my grammar...but listen to what i tell you..

first to tom - don't criticize my grammar or spelling. read your last post.  second, i thought that this would be a totally negative thread, but there are a few who understand what i'm saying.  reid is covering his tail already...quote from reid in local newspaper, "he's not worried about the tigers right now..he is concerned about alcoa getting lined up and not making mistakes. WELL NOW IS THE TIME TO WORRY ABOUT THE TIGERS....and a team returning 20 starters and the great depth that they have developed SHOULD BE ABLE TO LINE UP AND KNOW THEIR ASSIGNMENTS...get real...if they don't know how to line up by now what have they been doing in practice...the statements are ridiculous....and for the english majors...excuse my grammar...but listen to what i tell you..

825719344[/snapback]

Whoa, partner. I never criticized your grammar. I could really care less about grammar. I'm not perfect, neither is anyone else, we all make typing mistakes.

If Reid couldn't keep Alcoa focused then tell me how in the world they won state last year after being 15 points down at halftime? I can tell you it wasn't besause they were me- first, ego- crazed idiots. They work together as a team, my friend, and if you didn't spot that last year, than you're blind.

back to what thread is about.  i do know all players (starters that is), yes have been to some practices.  let me give you example about what i'm trying to say. i hope alcoa goes 15-0. last night they had meet the player night.  it was an autographing session. how rediculous.  you would think that we had come to pay homage to our football God's. i only went because i wanted to see for myself. this is the kind of thing that gives these boys the idea that all they have to do is show up and they will win.  as for the people that say alcoa takes it one game at a time, last night i ran my own little poll. polled 12 starters (2 of which are part of the super 3) :::results- 9 of the 12 said hopkinsville was going to be nothing. those same nine explained to me that it would be like a scrimmage.  they wanted to get to what they say "is their first real game...MARYVILLE. please tell me how that is taking one game at a time.  this kind of ###### of the walk stuff will only hurt them in the long run.

825718961[/snapback]

IF you really do go to practices than you have no life or job. The meet the players night was organized by the booster club so they could sell the t-shirts from last year and make some money. You went to the thing and now you're going to bash them. They are a bunch of 16,17,18 year old boys who have great talents.Does confidence not count for anything. They need to go into games with the attitude that they worked hard all week and thereis no way they are going to lose that friday nights game. All these grown men who are either burnt out or had no talent to begin with need to leave it alone because you're not going to give them any great advice they haven't already heard from a bunch of middle aged washed up has-beens. The game in the players heads is not the Maryville game believe me. The only people worried about the Maryville game is you guys cause you have nothing else to do. Do not doubt the people that have put in the work towards the goal and unless you're a coach or you are a player yourself you have no right to get on here and preach what should and shouldn't be done to help win ballgames.

Edited by coachspet1449

I agree an Autograph session in High School is a bit silly but, nothing wrong with the boosters, parents, students and elementary kids getting around the team before the season opens. After a season get's rolling there will be little time for community interaction and a community should always come out and show support for "Their team" and be proud of them for the work they put in.

I also think it is a bit forward to try to place this Alcoa team into the history books as the best in state, of the school ever or any other lofty perch. This present group has recently won a Tennessee 2A State Championship, a great feat in my view. They beat Huntington 52-41! Not a great showing of defense. If you want to say this is a great group for being 14-1 last year and having some D1 interest then what is 41 points in a state game about? Sure they are older, wiser, faster ect, ect, ect,... So is everyone else. Being a team of D1 “Prospects” means little if you’re not a team. Personally I don’t think Alcoa has a kid who will ever take a snap as a starter at any D1 School. Some of them have the body and speed that is the big draw by the D1 teams, nothing more. Most D1 assignees fail in their quest to contribute to a program like UT’s, FSU’s, UofM and other big time football schools. I wish the Alcoa prospects the best but the chances are this year will be their last year to play organized football just like many of those who never get the press.

Getting back to the point of the thread, Can the Alcoa Coaching staff keep these kids focused? I don't know, keeping teenagers focused on anything these days is hard. Reid couldn’t do it at W. Blount and he is a good man.

My opinion is if this Alcoa team gets into a tough game I don't know how they will react, my gut feeling is they'll fall apart. After all that is what has happened in the past vs. Maryville and I am not sure what has changed. Good luck to Alcoa vs. Hop town.

It doesn't matter if you have any D1 prospects come out of your school or if you have 10 each year.......As long as you win the state championship with what you've got it doesn't matter........

825718927[/snapback]

I hope that this is'nt one of the bledsoe's that played football or coached me at

ALCOA, cause if it is you guys are still MORONS!!! thumb