The best "small school" coach?

cobrakurt

curtis newbery has just been promted to head coach at sunbright watch for them to be a pairhouse because newbery has been a class act everwhere he's been and sunbright probabubly won,t make the playofs this year but will be their as long as the sunbright buster,s let him stay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROD STURDIVANT - There is no one else even close.

Class A

There are several larger schools in West TN. who would benefit from a Coach like Rod Sturdivant. There are so many schools with loads of talent on the field and walking the halls that dont produce. Maybe they need to toss in some $$$ and lure him back into the profession.

ROD STURDIVANT - There is no one else even close.

Class A

There are several larger schools in West TN. who would benefit from a Coach like Rod Sturdivant. There are so many schools with loads of talent on the field and walking the halls that dont produce. Maybe they need to toss in some $$$ and lure him back into the profession.

825743086[/snapback]

I agree, theres only one way his way.

Bill Satterfield. He was coach at Greenback for 20 years and won a state title in 1987. He is at Grace now.

Bennny Hammonds is a very good coach at Gatlinburg Pittman. GP always have solid teams.

Jon Reid has done a good job at Alcoa. Reid has put in a good workout program.

The guys at South Pitt and Trousdale are good also.

I will have to say the best right now will have to be Robert Akins of Boyd Buchanon. I remember Greenback used to slaughter them all the time. I also remember Tyner beating them 95-3 one time. Now Boyd is a powerhouse.

Who in everyones opinion, is the best Head Football coach in a school 3a or smaller. My vote goes to Alvin Palmer at Page, followed by the guy at Smith county, and then Satterfield at Trousdale.

Any opinions?

Base it a little on talent and what they have to work with.

825718993[/snapback]

i played ball in ohio but i have been in tenn long enough to know rod sturdivant was the man at bruceton. a very impressive program from a grossly small population that turned ballplayers out every year.

Carter County has three dandies. Long time Hampton coach J.C. Campbell, former Cloudland head coach and now Hampton assistant Mike Lunsford, and Happy Valley's Stan Ogg. Pretty darn good for one county.

825722636[/snapback]

YOu gotta be kidding me!!!!! Lunceford and Campbell yes

but OGG????????????????????????????????????? what are you on?