Best Region in 5A football

thtruth

And, one more thing. You're so high on Riverdale, right? Well, I am as well. They've got a great program over there. However, over the past three years, Riverdale is only 3-2 against Region 6. They've defeated Dickson County two of three times (though that one win was AT Riverdale... and, I have to ask, do we even include those three games since Dickson County is probably a bottom-feeder in your mind...). Brentwood defeated Riverdale in the state championship in 2002, and Riverdale defeated Franklin in 2004's BCB. So, what do you have to say about that?

825720257[/snapback]

Wow, I'm really not impressed. Riverdale has gotten beatin a couple of times by Dickson county. Let's also remember the last two years that Smyrna HS has beatin those Brentwood Bruins. Also, hasn't Blackman beatin those Bruins (2 years ago). Last, none of your teams would even schedule to play Lebanon. Last time lebanon played someone from your district they beat two years straight (Cenn.) But you guys keep reminding me about all the bottom feeders you guys have beatin. What about region 4's 3 seed beating your 1 seed (Badly) and then Riverdale beating Franklin by 28. I never started mentioning none playoff teams until you guys started. Thats O.K--there is 3 games next week between our regions.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not meaning to pick on anybody, BUT I would have to say the toughest region in 5A would be a toss up between Region 2 and 4.

While regions 5 & 6 are good, the consistancy is not there right now.  That is subject to change this year as region 5 is getting tougher and more consistant.

Region 1, lets be realistic and admit that DB is about the only team in that region who actually competes year after year.

Region 3 is usually a toss up between Lincoln County and now Cookeville

Region 7 is usually Dickson I think.

Region 8 is usually Germantown.  Hopefully they will get some real compitition there to prepare them for post season play.

As usual I am subject to being WRONG so it would be nice to actually hear the why I am wrong from other folks in these other regions.

825720086[/snapback]

Smack down on Collierville, Houston, Whitehaven and, as of late, White Station!

Anyway, I think Charlie White, the Gtown coach, made a wise decision when he scheduled home and home series with both JCM and South Panola. This increase in SOS should aid Germantown in semi-final action (given they reach the semis)for the 2005 and 2006 seasons.

You need to get over the fact that Smyrna beat Brentwood. Any given team can beat any other given team on any night. It was a great game and Smyrna came out in hte second half fired up and Brentwood didnt. One team in region 4 is consistantly good year in and year out, and that does not make it a good region. Have region four teams play region six teams every week and have them go through the physical level that ALL of region 6 plays at every week and then tell us who is better. I am not saying that region 4 is not good but they are not the best and by far not better than region 6

No, Smyrna did not beat Brentwood two years ago. Those teams met the same night as Riverdale and Dickson County and I was in a car full of FHS Rebels who wanted to hear that Brentwood had been defeated. However, they had not and a couple weeks later Franklin ended Brentwood's 20 or so game winning streak.

I'm going to merge these two threads together...

first off truth.....you are talking out of your toe You have no idea of what the facts really are. You are just spouting off assumptions and making an idiot out of yourself.

second off.....brentwood did not lose to smyrna 2 years ago. The series is tied at 1-1 over the past two years. I also believe that the only time Riverdale and Brentwood have played each other in the past few years, Brentwood brought home the trophy.

third off....brentwood did not lose to blackman 2 years ago either. Get your facts straight before you start babbling like an idiot. Oh and just in case you are wondering.... Brentwood plays Smyrna next and I would be happy to show you first hand whether or not you will beat "those Brentwood Bruins."

P.S. Your lack of intelligence is astounding, clown.

This doesn't have anything to do with this topic... I was just scanning the board to see what everyone thought of the games last night... I see that you like our little dig at Centennial, Rebel... and from what I've seen, I don't think that's gonna change this year, either...

And just for the record, I'm in total agreement that Region 6 is, top to bottom, one of the most competitive and consistent in the state for 5A... a VERY close second would be Region 5 with Hendersonville, Beech, Gallatin, et al... Region 4 is Riverdale, Smyrna and then everyone else... sometimes Oakland, but rarely...

Region 5-5A is competitive within the region but we are not the best region.

Region 2- I would say is the best. Followed by region 4 or 6. Then region 8. I would then put region 5. Followed by region 3 then 1 then 7.

We are middle of the pack. With the additions of Overton and Hillwood we will just have to see if we can get any better. It definitely will not be worse.

This doesn't have anything to do with this topic... I was just scanning the board to see what everyone thought of the games last night... I see that you like our little dig at Centennial, Rebel... and from what I've seen, I don't think that's gonna change this year, either...

825721036[/snapback]

I think I liked it okay, yeah... thumb

I'm really tired of the Williamson county school district thinking they are the best region in 5A football.  I've had one person give examples why this district is better than 4-5A.  Let's just compare the top three teams in each district.  I believe Brentwood finished first in the Williamson county district last year followed by Franklin and Ravenwood.  In district 4-5A, I believe it was Riverdale, Lebanon, and Smyrna.  In regular season, I believe only Smyrna and Brentwood matched up.  Smyrna beat them something like 31-13.  That's yalls number 1 vs. District 4's number 3. 

Riverdale is overrated - Brentwood spanked them a few years ago in the State Championship when they were  ranked as did Dickson Co. who was a 500 team and Riverdale was undefeated.  The BHS and Smyna game last year was a fluke - BHS up 13-0 and key players were injured which lent tot he fluke lop sided score.

Let's compare records, Brentwood finished what 8-2 ( I really don't know for sure), Franklin finished 8-2 (Again, I'm really not sure), and Ravenwood finished 6-4 (Still I'm not sure).  Riverdale 10-0 regular season (Closes game was Lebanon in my mind, I know because I was on the Riverdale side watching---score was no indication of the game), Lebanon went 8-2 (Lost only to Riverdale and Antioch--Lebanon gave that game away), and Smyrna (only loses to Riverdale and Lebanon, but beat Brebtwood silly).  Wow!!!!  What a comparison!!!  That's Williamson county district 22-8 and district 4 26-4. 

My bad!!!  We should consider playoffs!!!  Brentwood got beat in the 2nd round by Ravenwood.  Who would later fall to Franklin in the 3rd round.  Smyrna got beat 2nd round by Riverdale and Lebanon got beat by Cookeville (District 3-5A champ).  We are on a collison course for a state championship meeting!!!  The best between the rich boy region and those nationally ranked warriors!!!  What was the final score in that 5A state championship.  Was it 35-7 them warriors???  I believe so!!!  Look for region 4-5A to be a little down this year, but I bet those warriors will compete in their 6th straight championship and WIN IT AGAIN!!! 

Please compare districts!!!  But leave out the sorry teams and just look at the best teams in the district!!!  COMING TO A STADIUM NEAR YOU, A WARRIOR BUTT KICKING!!!!

825719829[/snapback]

Consistently over the past 3 or so years, yes, Region 6-5A has been the best region in the state. I'm sure Dickson County High School doesn't enjoy you calling the region the "Williamson County district" or refering to us as rich boys. In fact, I don't appreciate that.

Also, if you're going to make a point, please try to make it easily understood. It's quite hard to read and understand your post. Let me point out just a couple things that were incorrect about your post. The Brentwood/Smyrna contest was not the only matchup between Region 6 and Region 4. Franklin demolished Oakland and Riverdale defeated Dickson County. Ravenwood defeated Lavergne. Also, Ravenwood was the 4th seed out of Region 6-5A last year. I'm sure there are a few other mistakes I could point out.

Again, I do not question the greatness that is Riverdale. However, looking from top to bottom, Region 6 (yes, they are regions in football - not districts) has been stronger the past few year. Honestly though, one only has to look at the record ON the field AGAINST each other, and Region 6 holds the upper hand with a record of 9 wins and 5 losses over the past three years.

825720143[/snapback]

Well put.