Scores, please?

play4keeps

As I am stuck at the Middle School tournament at Cumberland University all weekend, could some keep me up to date on the scores...all of them are welcome ;)

I'm keeping score, in an unairconditioned gym (or at least if feels that way) with a hundred screetching middle school players and almost 3 hours between each of my team's matches...

What a way to spend the weekend!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I am stuck at the Middle School tournament at Cumberland University all weekend, could some keep me up to date on the scores...all of them are welcome ;)

I'm keeping score, in an unairconditioned gym (or at least if feels that way) with a hundred screetching middle school players and almost 3 hours between each of my team's matches...

What a way to spend the weekend!

825720485[/snapback]

I don't have scores but can give you some updates.

Brentwood looked good as usual but Franklin did take a game off them. FHS is playing very well. They (FHS) also beat Siegel. Siegel split with Father RYan and Harpeth Hall got beat by Siegel. Brentwood beat Father Ryan but it was close.

Page beat Lebanon.

I also got to watch Hixson a little who did not look to bad.

No updates on Idependance or Ooltewah which I am anxious to hear.

Here are the partial scores I have from Friday's play:

4:00 Brentwood over Harpeth Hall 2-0 (25-13, 25-16)

4:00 DCA over Lipscomb 25-23, ?-?

4:00 Father Ryan over Independence 2-0 (25-19, 25-?)

4:00 Franklin over Siegel 2-0 (25-20, 25-22)

5:00 Independence over BGA 2-0 (no game scores)

5:00 BHS-2 over Hillsboro 2-0? (25-14, ?-?)

5:00 Page split with Lebanon 1-1 (25-20, 20-25)

6:00 Franklin split with Brentwood 1-1 (25-22, 22-15 - time limit reached)

6:00 Hixson over Overton 2-0? (25-14, 25-?)

7:00 Goodpasture over Page 2-0 (28-26, 23-22 - time limit reached)

7:00 Wilson Central over Hillsboro 25-14 (I missed scored from 2nd game)

8:00 Independence over Hixson 2-0 (26-24, 25-15)

9:00 Page split with Oak Ridge 1-1 (25-23, 13-25)

I guess the surprise game win of the night was Franklin over Brentwood, but Brentwood came back in game 2 to get the split. The TSSAA sent officials, but there were several officials in training with assistance of senior officials which resulted in several rotation and lift calls made during this match. Also there were scorekeepers in training as well and I know that twice during game 2 Brentwood was given two of Franklin's points. This was observed by myself, an Independence parent, and a Page parent.

Brentwood looked very good against Harpeth Hall and may have let up some against Franklin.

Independence lost to Father Ryan, but recovered to take wins against BGA & Hixson.

Franklin also looked good pretty good - I did not get the scores from the Bartlett match however.

That is all I have and I'm sorry I did not get more scores as I got tired towards the end of the day.

Thanks for the report PageMan...

How did Oak Ridge, Hillsboro, and Wilson Central look?

I'll try to get some updates from the Blackman playday tomorrow.

825720644[/snapback]

Hillsboro is so much improved it is unreal, they still can't compete but they are really doing a better job.

Wilson Central did not look good in my opinion. I watched them play Hillsboro I think.

Oak Ridge was about the same as well, pretty good team but will have problems competing against the the top teams. Surprised to see that independance got beat by Father RYan in 2 games.

Oak Ridge has a big middle #23 who served well with 4 aces in game 1 and had some hard kills at the net, but also had some good tip plays. #11 had 3 aces in game 2. Page went up 7-0 at the start of game 1 mainly on ball out by OR and net violations, but they came back on the serving of #23 and #11 to tie the game at 12 all. It was close the remainder of the game as Page won 25-23. In game 2 Page was up early 4-1, but OR tied the game at 7-7 on aces by #11 as she served them to a 13-7 lead. OR went on to win 25-13. I did not see their matches with Lipscomb or Lebanon.

I did not see Hillsboro directly but I'm pretty sure they lost to BHS-2 and Wilson Central as I know they lost the 1st games to both by 25-14. I did not get a score of their match with Lebanon. I have no details on their players.

I do not know the other scores involving Wilson Central since they played at Brentwood Academy in their 1st game and were in the main gym when Page was in the middle school for their last game. It's hard to watch another match on an adjacent court when you're tracking your own team - sorry.

Here are some of the matches for today (Sat.):

9 AM Father Ryan vs Franklin, DCA vs Harpeth Hall

10 AM Brentwood vs Siegel, East Ridge vs Independence, Franklin vs Ooltewah

11 AM BGA vs Harpeth Hall, East Ridge vs Lipscomb, Father Ryan vs Ooltewah

Noon Brentwood vs Ooltewah, Independence vs Siegel, Franklin vs Houston

1 PM BGA vs Brentwood, DCA vs East Ridge, Father Ryan vs Harpeth Hall

2 PM Franklin vs Independence, Siegel vs Wilson Central

3 PM Brentwood vs Houston, East Ridge vs Goodpasture, Harpeth Hall vs Ooltewah, DCA vs Father Ryan

4 PM Brentwood vs Independence, BGA vs East Ridge, Ooltewah vs Siegel

5 PM Lipscomb vs Wilson Central, Oak Ridge vs Ooltewah

Here are some scores from Sat.

9 AM Bartlett split with Overton 1-1 (25-11, 21-25)

9 AM Father Ryan over Franklin 2-0 (25-20, 25-20)

10 AM Independence over East Ridge 2-1 (23-25, 25-19, 20-2?) time limit game 3

10 AM Ooltewah over Franklin 25-23, no report on game 2

11 AM Page split with BHS-2 1-1 (25-14, 10-25)

11 AM East Ridge over Lipscomb 2-0 (game scores not available)

Noon Brentwood over Ooltewah 2-0 (25-13, 25-13)

Noon Siegel over Independence 2-0 (25-19, 25-18)

1 PM Page split with Bartlett 1-1 (25-19, 23-25)

1 PM BHS-2 over Goodpasture 25-19, no report on game 2

2 PM Hillsboro over Overton 2-0 (25-13, 25-20)

2 PM Franklin split with Independence 1-1 (25-15, 17-25)

3 PM Page over Wilson Central 2-0 (25-13, 25-19)

4 PM Brentwood over Independence 2-0 (25-19, 25-10)

4 PM East Ridge over BGA 2-0 (25-12, 25-20)

5 PM Page split with Hillsboro 1-1 (25-27, 30-28)

Page ended up with 1 win, 1 loss, and 5 splits. The Lady Patriots showed improvement in the 2nd day of play particularly in the Wilson Central match where they combined for 7 aces in game 1 by Lauren Stout (3), Katie Vanderburg (3), & Katie Guthrie (1). Also in this game, Leah Olivares had 2 kills & 2 blocks for points, Vanderburg had 2 kills, Leslie Coffman had 4 points (1 kill, 1 tip, & 2 blocks), & Jennica McGuire had 1 tip for a point along with several assists. In game 2, Page continued their excellent serving with 8 aces - McGuire 2, Becca Shreeve 2, Vanderburg 1, Stout 1, Olivares 1, Guthrie 1. There were kills by Vanderburg (1), Olivares (3), Coffman (1) along with tips for points by Olivares & Coffman.

I was pleased with Page's play and, in most of the splits, they were very close to winning both games in that they won the 1st game, but let game 2 slip away towards the end. We need to keep pressing in game 2 and not let up.

As for the other teams, Brentwood looked good on day 2, along with Father Ryan, East Ridge, and Independence who probably had the toughest schedule on day 2. I'm not sure how Siegel finished up as I only saw their win over Independence.

As I have stated previously, these matches don't count as they are pre-season with the real matches starting next week.

It good to see some coacht posters there and I enjoyed talking with them about their teams and others.

Great Report PageMan....we can always count on you.

825721691[/snapback]

Thanks Pageman.

Some additional details.

Siegel beat Ooltewah, Wilson Central and Independance convincingly. It was good to see them come around and play good ball. They also ended up beating Harpeth Hall the day before. Harpeth Hall looks really good, they had beat Siegel a couple times already this year. The losses included Brentwood and Franklin.

I am really impressed with Franklin. They are going to be even better as the season goes on. They have a lot of room for improvement and they are already a pretty tough team. That district will be interesting to watch.

Independance ended up looking as young as they are but man they are going to be tough as the year goes on as well.

Announcements