Week 1 - Greenbrier VS Lipscomb

GreenbrierCat2

Here we go again---

First game for the Mustangs, while Bobcats are coming off an end of game loss to JP2, the Mustangs come to the Home of the Bobcats to do battle again. I'm sure the Mustangs are seeking revenge over the Bobcats handing them their only loss last year, but even with the Bobcats finding their "new groove", the Cats always look forward to doing battle againt Lipscomb.

Let's hear your take -- and PLEASE keep in mind this game has NO BEARING on region standings----so keep it FRIENDLY please.

Good luck to both teams!!

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Greenbrier has struggled offensively all throughout the preseason while Lipscomb's defense has been dominant all throughout the preseason. On the other hand Greenbrier always has an outstanding defense while Lipscomb's offense has struggled in the preseason. Don't really know how Greenbrier played last night but I do know that they competed with a pretty good football team in JPII. Here is a prediction:

David Lipscomb 17

Greenbrier 13

Well it does look like it will be a defensive struggle between these two 3A teams. It may come down to mistakes, field position and the kicking game. The only prediction that I will make on this game is that it won't be decided until late in the 4th quarter. Lipscomb always look forward coming up to Greenbrier. The fans and the school's administration has always been polite and gracious to the Mustang Nation. It should be a good hard hitting game as it always is whether a regular season game or scrimmage. Be sure to visit The Mustangfanpage.

Yea there is no doubt that this game should be dominated defensively. I believe that at least one defense will score or set up great field position to punch it in. I think right now that greenbrier has looked a little better on the offensive side of the ball but Lipscomb's defense has been more dominant. I think it will all come down to field position and special teams. Field goals may look like touchdowns in this one.

Final Prediction-

Lipscomb- 17

Greenbrier- 14

mustanglogob2.jpg

To The Greenbrier fans, as we are updating the Greenbrier scouting page on the Mustangfanpage we would like some pictures to put up and would appreciate any that you may have from any of this years scrimmages or from the PJPII game.

Just visit The Mustangfanpage The email button is at the bottom. While there visit the Scouting report section and go to the Greenbrier Page.

It should definitely be a defensive struggle. Even in last year's game with both teams having high powered offenses, the final was only 14-6. The game should come down to which team has the "new leadership" step up as well as who can hang on to the ball and not commit turnovers. Look for a great Friday night crowd on both sides of the stadium. This is always a good one!

In the past I would have used this precious space to display some incredible highlight-worthy collection of sarcasm directed at Greenbrier. At this juncture in my career though, I simply use it to tell you a story. On a warm Friday night in August that’s really too hot to fit the warm night cliché, 8 high school heroes stand on the emblazoned crest of Greenbrier High School at the 50 yard line. Bobcats win the toss, elect to defer. Lipscomb will receive the kick. Good kick, Stangs pinned deep in their own territory. White jerseys fly around the field as the Bobcats come out roaring. Tackle for loss. A sack on the goal line. Is he in the endzone? Safety. Greenbrier leads 2-0. Mustang Nation left a little flat, but impressed that Greenbrier has electricity. Two minutes shy of four quarters later, the scoreboard reads the same score with 46 seconds remaining. Ball on the Greenbrier 22 yard line. Hull lining up his kick. Whistle blaring. Timeout Greenbrier. Hull lines it up again. Seeing as how the Bobcats have had a spectacular night in the clock management category, the whistle blows again. Timeout Greenbrier. Hull lines it up one more time. Ball is snapped. The thunder of boys who have worked so hard to attain their 180 pound frame colliding, each with the sole intention of demolishing the other, echoes in the intense silence of the stadium. Coaches, parents, fans and players alike contort their bodies in an effort to coax that airborne symbol of what these boys have worked so hard for, some for months, others even years. The best view in the stadium belongs to the 46 year old father of two who left his full-time job an hour and a half early tonight to be sure he made it to the game on time. As he looks up all his attention is focused on the ball. Now, to everyone else, he's the only thing that matters on this field. These people have spent an entire night in a southern paradise of runs, cheers, passes, fight songs and tackles, and now they await as one man decides whether the little bit of their Friday that remains will be spent in celebration or simply in recovery with that small lack of what could have been. As he raises both arms above his head, he brings pure elation to many, while his upright arms entail disappointment to many others. 42 seconds later, all warriors meet in the middle of that field, that field that has seen some of them bleed, all of them sweat, some of them make mistakes, some of them shine, and all of them make someone proud. Win or lose, all leave the field with some small feeling of contentment.

DL 3

Greenbrier 2

...You heard it here first.

In the past I would have used this precious space to display some incredible highlight-worthy collection of sarcasm directed at Greenbrier. At this juncture in my career though, I simply use it to tell you a story. On a warm Friday night in August that’s really too hot to fit the warm night cliché, 8 high school heroes stand on the emblazoned crest of Greenbrier High School at the 50 yard line. Bobcats win the toss, elect to defer. Lipscomb will receive the kick. Good kick, Stangs pinned deep in their own territory. White jerseys fly around the field as the Bobcats come out roaring. Tackle for loss. A sack on the goal line. Is he in the endzone? Safety. Greenbrier leads 2-0. Mustang Nation left a little flat, but impressed that Greenbrier has electricity. Two minutes shy of four quarters later, the scoreboard reads the same score with 46 seconds remaining. Ball on the Greenbrier 22 yard line. Hull lining up his kick. Whistle blaring. Timeout Greenbrier. Hull lines it up again. Seeing as how the Bobcats have had a spectacular night in the clock management category, the whistle blows again. Timeout Greenbrier. Hull lines it up one more time. Ball is snapped. The thunder of boys who have worked so hard to attain their 180 pound frame colliding, each with the sole intention of demolishing the other, echoes in the intense silence of the stadium. Coaches, parents, fans and players alike contort their bodies in an effort to coax that airborne symbol of what these boys have worked so hard for, some for months, others even years. The best view in the stadium belongs to the 46 year old father of two who left his full-time job an hour and a half early tonight to be sure he made it to the game on time. As he looks up all his attention is focused on the ball. Now, to everyone else, he's the only thing that matters on this field. These people have spent an entire night in a southern paradise of runs, cheers, passes, fight songs and tackles, and now they await as one man decides whether the little bit of their Friday that remains will be spent in celebration or simply in recovery with that small lack of what could have been. As he raises both arms above his head, he brings pure elation to many, while his upright arms entail disappointment to many others. 42 seconds later, all warriors meet in the middle of that field, that field that has seen some of them bleed, all of them sweat, some of them make mistakes, some of them shine, and all of them make someone proud. Win or lose, all leave the field with some small feeling of contentment.

DL  3

Greenbrier  2

...You heard it here first.

825721982[/snapback]

Thanks, Bombsquad for sparing us from the normal sarcasm. As amusing as your "daydream" is to read, if I was a betting person, I'd lay odds it won't happen that way, but it was interesting to see how your mind works. :lol:

To all you Mustang fans, have a safe trip up to "the Brier". thumb

Edited by EZBeingGreen