Jefferson Co vs Mo West

JC4life

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the story about the Jeff Co student section was true I would agree about the lack of class. Since that story was fabricated, there is no question West has A LOT less class. I know for a fact the jungle never chanted the name West fans have accused them of. One reason is that I was 4 rows behind the jungle in 2003 and didn`t hear it. Another reason is because principal Vesser was two feet to the right of the jungle the WHOLE night, and Mr Codill was in the middle of the jungle the WHOLE night and neither one of them would have allowed it. Not to mention there were two cops right in front of the jungle the whole night. Players are a different story since they were down on the field, but not one player from either team has ever came forward and said he actually heard it. Most of the players didn`t even know the name of the young man until after the game with West fan accused them of chanting it. The only thing chanted that was even close to the name was when the student section was chanting Tito which has been Tyler Brown's nickname for FOREVER after he made the winning interception.

The whole story is a farse, made up by bitter West fans after losing.

825726654[/snapback]

JC4L, I understand trying to defend the JC student section, but be advised I was within a few feet of that section during warm ups and it DID happen. This was even more disturbing to me as I have worked for 8 years at one of Jefferson City's largest manufacturers and have had very close friendships with many parents and several former players from JC. My son and I attended that wake, as did most MW players, (for many, including my son, it was their first time to attanded that kind of service) and it left a lasting impression on many of them. I guess my point is that it wasn't the whole visitor section, but it did serve to heighten the intensity of the rivalry, even to this day. Think what you may, but it is history now.

If the story about the Jeff Co student section was true I would agree about the lack of class. Since that story was fabricated, there is no question West has A LOT less class. I know for a fact the jungle never chanted the name West fans have accused them of. One reason is that I was 4 rows behind the jungle in 2003 and didn`t hear it. Another reason is because principal Vesser was two feet to the right of the jungle the WHOLE night, and Mr Codill was in the middle of the jungle the WHOLE night and neither one of them would have allowed it. Not to mention there were two cops right in front of the jungle the whole night. Players are a different story since they were down on the field, but not one player from either team has ever came forward and said he actually heard it. Most of the players didn`t even know the name of the young man until after the game with West fan accused them of chanting it. The only thing chanted that was even close to the name was when the student section was chanting Tito which has been Tyler Brown's nickname for FOREVER after he made the winning interception.

The whole story is a farse, made up by bitter West fans after losing.

825726654[/snapback]

I was front-rowin' it at the '03 game. "Tito" (also "Downtown" and "T-Money") was one of the many names/chants given to T. Brown. I remember cheering for him and Jennings (our "Jeff's going to Vandy" chant) both before, during, and after the game. I and many others did not know the story of the deceased MW student, so our chant was not directed toward him. We were dumbfounded the next week in school when West accused us of this. There would never of been an indecent chant directed toward the deceased student, because I and the rest of the Jungle wouldn't of let it. I understand certain people's attack upon certain individuals on here for their past idiotic behavior at times, but during the Jungle's "Tito" chant, it was for appreciation of Tyler Brown, and Tyler Brown only. Sorry about bringing up the past, but I don't want to be falsely accused of such an indecent act. That said, I say good luck to both teams Friday night, and hope we have a good, clean game.

Can Jefferson County put the ball in the air at all?  I haven't heard anything about the quarterback situation.  Jeff County definitely missed the traffic directing and leadership which Clement brought to the table for three productive seasons last fall.  Has anyone stepped up?

825727220[/snapback]

I believe Coach U has settled on Spencer Gattlin as the starter based on the what I saw from the Farragut scrimmage. Zack Long should get some snaps as well though because he does some things better than Spencer. Jefferson Co has a WR that can make plays with Nick Sherrod, but the question is will we able to get the ball to him. Actually the question is will we try to get the ball to him. The running game has been less than spectacular in the preseason, but that won`t stop us from running the ball 90% of the time. Against good teams with good coaching that won`t work however.

West by 21

I believe Coach U has settled on Spencer Gattlin as the starter based on the what I saw from the Farragut scrimmage. Zack Long should get some snaps as well though because he does some things better than Spencer. Jefferson Co has a WR that can make plays with Nick Sherrod, but the question is will we able to get the ball to him. Actually the question is will we try to get the ball to him. The running game has been less than spectacular in the preseason, but  that won`t stop us from running the ball 90% of the time. Against good teams with good coaching that won`t work however.

West by 21

825727760[/snapback]

Smoots defense gives up only one 1st half TD.

Motown West 35

JC 7

Hope I'm wrong.

I watched West last week against Swain Co. West looked very good. I fill like the Hale kid should get more carries. He looked very tough last week. Jeff being young will have their hands full. I fill like Jeff can compete if they can not make misstakes. I watched Chad and he played very good. I did not see him watching very much. He jumped twice but I saw some good blocks. I believe chad is a D-1 prospect. He has the size (I think 6-4 and around 280 if my guess is right) and quickness.

Rivalry game kicks off 1st week of the season this time, couldn`t be at a worst time for the Patriots. Jefferson Co is coming off back to back wins over Mo West, but is just a shell of those two teams. Mo West will be playing with a huge chip on their shoulder after last years 28-7 dismattling at the hand of the Patriots. West will already have a leg up on the Patriots because of the exprience of playing in week 0. West returns a good amount of starters from last years team, including some former Patriots, while Jefferson Co goes into the game with 5 returning starters. How will Jefferson Co, a team made up mostly of sophmores in their 1st ever varsity game fair? Can Mo West carry over its momentum for last weak? Will the Jefferson Co line be able to open holes for McFall? Will West go into the game overconfident?

And the most important question of all, will the benches clear like the last meeting at West?

825721646[/snapback]

Jeff is rebuilding this year and the loss of Shiverdecker may be too much.

Mo West should win easily although I don't think they are all that good compared to their teams of the past. They appear to be on the downslide compared to teams like Maryville. McFall should have a big game despite the loss. The Air Attack is the big question mark??????????

Well the boys from JC played hard but in the end West wore us out winning 34-17. West was handed some pretty big gifts, which is something you can’t do against a good football team. The offense surprised me a little bit, I was happy to see us be somewhat balanced on offense. I think once the QB's and WR's start to gain some chemistry the passing game could become a force. Of course its hard to develop chemistry with 2 QB's splitting time. We had guys open all night but for some reason or another we weren’t able to capitalize. Defense got beat up pretty much from kickoff, Ewing ran wide to the tune of 169yds with 3TD's. Lack of size in the front 7 came back to bite us, West pretty much did whatever they wanted on the ground. Big props to the special teams, blocked a kick, long FG, 96yd kick return. Someone should mention to Coach U that the onside kick is getting to predictable, two tries, two great starting positions for West. Didn’t we open with an onside against Rhea Co last year?