• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Positives and negatives for the young pats

Positives

1) We found our QB last night in Long

2) Mcfall can take a hit and come back

3) Outstanding field goal kicker

4) Outstanding offensive game plan- Great play calling! Hats off coach!

Negatives

1) 0-2 on onside kicks- I was against the onside kicks last year (read previous posts) our defense is struggling way too much to give up 30 yards on the kick offs.

2) We lost containment all night long on defense.

3) Our defense looked unprepared, in general.

Is West really that good? Was West's offense good or was our defense bad? Was West defense really bad or was our offense that good.

I agree with most of your accessments with the exception of the QB postion and the onside kicks.

It is apparent that most people that have comments on this site have an agenda of some type. - but if you watched the game totally unbiased, what did Long do that would separate himself to be the sole starter?? Spencer looked MUCH more comfortable in the pocket did a much better job of getting the team out of the huddle. I think Zac is a good QB, but we had to use 1 maybe 2 timeouts due to his confusion in calling the formation and play. Granted Zac, made some plays by eluding the DE on some bootlegs but he limits our offense at the same time. He made a couple of ill advised throws because he was in such a hurry. Spencer looked great with his ball fakes and throws.....he did make one throw that should have been picked.

I'm usually not a proponent of the 2 QB system, but in this case i think it is best.

Both have some limitations and BOTH have strengths that are different.

When seeing both teams on the field, I don't think ANYONE IN THE STADIUM would say that JC has West overmatched. We were the underdogs....big underdogs....and when you are, sometimes you try some riskier things in order to get momemtum on your side quickly. When George Quarles does it and it works, You think he is a genius and when Coach U tries it and it doesn't...he's an idiot.

Thats the nature of the onsides kick in the early stages of the game.

I would have liked to have seen the 2nd and more obvious onsides kick more towards the sideline since you have more time to get a bad bounce.

You are right, Coach U did a great job with the offense and the defense needs some work. Our corners and outside LB's have to get more aggressive and get up the field quicker and make some plays. Our corners were much too slow in run containment and when that happens, a good RB has alot of room to run.

This was the first West/Jeff game I have missed in about 8 years. Sounds like it wasnt too bad of a game, but I just didnt think it would be up to the caliber of the past few games. There is a few things Id like to address.

First of all I take my hat off to the kids that didnt jump, the 20 something kids that stuck with the team and didnt quit. I dont blame Shiverdecker for leaving, but thats another discussion.

Jeff Co should use this year as a learning experience and come back and shock some people next year. With some size gains McFall, Long and the other kids could do good things.

Its amazing what 2 wins for JCT will do for the amount of trash talk, on CoachT and in real life between the two sides.

Not trying to put you guys in your place or anything just giving you some advice, but OT50 and crums18 just watch what you say even if its to each other. Just keep it about football and put your foot in your mouth over anything. Just tryin to keep you out of trouble.

And I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate to even comment on this but I feel like I have to defend my Jungle. The allegations that our kids would disgrace the memory of a fallen player makes me want to vomit. I realize that what was chanted could be misconstrued as something else but I can assure you it wasnt. Most of the kids in the student section at the time werent even aware of the loss. So thats all I will say about it, if we had lost one of ours and the situation was reversed I would be saying the same thing you West fans are but I promise it wasnt that.

Good Luck to Jeff Co this year, use this as a lesson and maybe you kids can pull the rug out from under somebody.

Not trying to put you guys in your place or anything just giving you some advice, but OT50 and crums18 just watch what you say even if its to each other. Just keep it about football and put your foot in your mouth over anything. Just tryin to keep you out of trouble.

825729539[/snapback]

---- i would like to know what me or OT50 said that was sooo wrong

825729629[/snapback]

Nothing, you havent said anything yet, just tryin to save you some trouble by givin you the heads up. Some kids have gotten in some hot water over things they've said on here.

825729717[/snapback]

welll its good to know i have someone watchin out for me? .... just mind ure own buissness

JC4LIFE....If you have any connections into the coaching staff at JCHS, they should consider apologizing for thier entrance and continuing pre-game rally during the National Anthem.

I don`t think the current coaching staff are big fans of mine LOL! The only coach left that I played for was in the booth and never got close to the field. I don`t think the coaches purposely ran out on the field during the national athem to be disrespectful, they just were`t very aware of their surroundings.

I agree with most of your accessments with the exception of the QB postion and the onside kicks.

It is apparent that most people that have comments on this site have an agenda of some type. - but if you watched the game totally unbiased, what did Long do that would separate himself to be the sole starter?? Spencer looked MUCH more comfortable in the pocket did a much better job of getting the team out of the huddle. I think Zac is a good QB, but we had to use 1 maybe 2 timeouts due to his confusion in calling the formation and play. Granted Zac, made some plays by eluding the DE on some bootlegs but he limits our offense at the same time. He made a couple of ill advised throws because he was in such a hurry. Spencer looked great with his ball fakes and throws.....he did make one throw that should have been picked.

I'm usually not a proponent of the 2 QB system, but in this case i think it is best.

Both have some limitations and BOTH have strengths that are different.

I really don`t think either QB separated themselves based on this game, but I think Long has the bigger upside. Long's problems stem from a lack of exprience, by the end of this year he may be the full time starter.

When seeing both teams on the field, I don't think ANYONE IN THE STADIUM would say that JC has West overmatched. We were the underdogs....big underdogs....and when you are, sometimes you try some riskier things in order to get momemtum on your side quickly. When George Quarles does it and it works, You think he is a genius and when Coach U tries it and it doesn't...he's an idiot.

Thats the nature of the onsides kick in the early stages of the game.

I would have liked to have seen the 2nd and more obvious onsides kick more towards the sideline since you have more time to get a bad bounce.

George Quarles wouldn`t open up with the same play two years in a row, Coach Woods and staff watch film just like everyone else. Maybe if we hadn`t call the exact same thing the year before there would be less of a problem. Even so, opening a game with a onside just isn`t smart. The 2nd onside was just stupid, everyone in the stadium knew it was coming.

825729629[/snapback]

Nothing, you havent said anything yet, just tryin to save you some trouble by givin you the heads up. Some kids have gotten in some hot water over things they've said on here.

825729717[/snapback]

Lawyer!

Glad to see you`re back on the T thumb

i'm really not sure, something like 14- 7 first quarter, then we went up 28 to 7 with 40 seconds left before halftime and they ran one back, making it 28 to 14. then the second half there offense did a great job keeping it out of our hands, hats off to them for that, we got the ball 3 times the whole second half, and 1 of those possessions was just going out and taking a knee. the final score was 34 to 17. we had the ball a total of 8 times and scored 5. not to shabby. cause one whole series was the victory formation.

Okay, First thing first..

JC4LIFE....If you have any connections into the coaching staff at JCHS, they should consider apologizing for thier entrance and continuing pre-game rally during the National Anthem. This is not an apology to the Morristown West group moreover an apology to the families of everyone from the 278th that comes from Jeff and Hamblen County, our State and our Country for the lack of respect and class they showed during the pregame festivities.

Besides that I saw some good things from this young group from JCHS during the game. I wish them the best.

18 Great hit on the kick-off.....go to WBIR.com prep Xtra and you can keep watching it.

65  almost had you a fumble recovery...Way to be alert keep it up.

50  Great game, great answer to USA44.

USA44- Your indepth analysis of the games is almost illiterate and nonsense. The depth and knowledge that you bring to these threads is almost as good as Dennis Miller hosting Monday Nite Football......We all know how well that went don't we.

This will be that last time I answer any of your comments.

Trojans - I say we start ignoring the comments from USA44 and let the record speak for itself. It is WAY to early to think of anything but Volunteer. So we need to focus..Let the critics say what they or he will and let him keep talking to himself. That should prove to be in interesting thread.

If you agree with what I have said, give me a GO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great week of practice, see you at Volunteer.

825729304[/snapback]

you always respond, because you will always defend the trojans as long as your son is playing there!! but some day when he has graduated, hopefully you will grow out of it! i said nothing but mostly pos things about the trojans and the game with the pats! so now they have had their way with two teams that lost most of their starters from prior season, i will see how the season goe's, and i still might very well be eating crow! and you can win the conf and go to state, it will NOT change my mind about the coaching style of WOODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb

GREAT HIT CRUM! it looked even better on the highlights on the news!

and jeff ran out during the national anthem? i didnt see that i just heard about it.

usa keep trying........... cause it aint working thumb    2-0

825728958[/snapback]

are you going to start blocking next game? i thought you were sick or something? the trojans looked pretty good across the board! that crum kid has a bright future, he is a head hunter!! but it was so obvious to not only me , but to 90% of the people that were around me on friday night that WOODY is still playing the fav game, and this came from two of the players parents sitting right in front of me!!!! its the same stuff i have herd for the last 6 yrs! you can be 11-0 and thats ok, cause people like crum deserve it and has got you there!! but the fact will rermain the same, WOODY needs to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb