Wartburg vs. Coalfield Time!

rSquared

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the wartburg game and I seen some kids do really good and then i could have asked for more from some. Scottie Phillips I thought did really good, and so did Seth I was impressed with his speed.

As for the upcoming game I would Love to see Wartburg beat them. But I'd say Coalfield by at least 2 touchdowns.

Cause when you come down to it its the same ol thing at Wartburg over and over again.

I hate to break it to you there buddy but Cumberland Gap is a 2A school.  Yes it is a shame that Wartburg lost to a 1A school.  That should never happen.  It is embarassing to me being from Wartburg that they lost to a 1A school.  I will give Coalfield credit that they schedule larger schools than they are.  Even if they are weak ones.  There is no way that Cumberland Gap will make the playoffs in their region.  Plus Region 1-2A is probably the weakest region in the state of tn.  Region 2-2A (Wartburg's Region) always dominates them in the playoffs.

825723362[/snapback]

Ok, they are 2a with 480 students. That makes them have 60 more students than the Burg. Coalfield still defeated a larger school, something Wartburg has yet to be able to do but for Claiborne County and O.S. last year. And hasn't done it yet this year.

As for the Gap making the playoffs this year. They very well might, if Wartburg could last year, the team I saw Friday night is perfectly capable of making it in that region.

The bottom line of it for me is that if Wartburg plays ball like the should they should be ok. Regardless I just hope both teams play ball to the best of their ability and may the best team win. I do believe that Wartburg will put forth a better effort against Coalfield then they did Oneida. If that is enough I don't know. We will find out Friday night though. I believe Wartburg will be ready though. After losing in the first game I believe it has left a bad taste in their mouths, and also you have to believe that they will have the whipping that they took last year still in the back of their minds.

Another thing that is on my mind, you hear alot of the people around Wartburg talking about playoffs and stuff. If they don't improve tremedously over the next week or so they may be in trouble. Wartburg will have to win more than one district game this year to get into the playoffs. So they better stink it up now and get rolling. The games remaining on their schedule will leave them no room for error. They are going to have to start playing ball.

The following is just my analysis:

Coalfield came to the game fresh but weatherwise it was hot. Sitting in the stands w/o moving and one could sweat a gallon every 30  minutes. The temp. was 90 or above, humidity was upper 80's with a rain ealier. Field conditions were soggy. That happens on both sides of the ball.

Gap had a huge line. As big, or bigger than Wartburg's. They ran a good offensive scheme that could move the ball. The first half was all Coalfield. The second half was Gap minus about three good plays that were key. Bottom line is Coalfield played a 3A team that was pretty good, and may contend for forth spot in their region and beat them. It was ugly but a win is a win.

On the Dogs side of their game, they were beaten by a 1a team that will be 1st or 2nd in their region.

If Coalfield did not walk out of that Gap game wondering if there needs to be improvement, then there is a problem.

It will boil down to Coaching, fitness of the players, and home field advantage. Coalfield did not have a single cramp Friday night but Gap did and from what I hear the dogs and indians both had their share. Indication, out of shape and not hydrated enough. Give that one to Coalfield. Coaching, Kries 149-64; Davis, 104-110 on overall records. Coaching Coalfield.  Home field advantage, Coalfield.

825723302[/snapback]

cyjacket you forgot one more thing the overall record of the coachs head to haed :lol:

Well Well Well, Wartburg couldnt even beat another 1A team from Coalfields region. Put Coalfield in Wartburgs region and Coalfield makes the play-offs, put Wartburg in Coalfields region and Wartburg still doesnt make the play-offs. I want to see the Wartburg-CAK game more then anything cause you will be ouch coached and see these 4-8 yard passes all night long thats unstoppable. Wartburgs line this whole past 2 seasons has talked nothing but dominating everyones line. They are good, but not as good as they think they are. Wartburg doesnt have skill position leaders from what I think. Seth now that he has lost all the weight its not easy to lower the head and run over people anymore is it? Anyways this game will be Coalfield 34, Wartburg 13.

Everyone on these two teams that plans on playing college football..... just let me give you a heads up. First 2 days of camp we had 15 people quit and still are having 1-3 people quit each day. Its not fun waking up at 6:30 every morning and having no free time until about 10:30pm. Here let me give you my schedule for just 1 day up here.

Wake up 6:30am

Be at breakfast by 6:55am ---they check and make sure your there too.

Practice starts at 8:30am and you have to be there on the field by 8:20 full pads

Practice over at 11-11:30am

Take showers after practice and go to lunch at 12pm

1pm-2:30pm housing meeting for college ---different things during this time

2:30pm position meetings learning plays until time for practice

4pm-6pm practice starts have to be on field by 3:50 full pads

6:30pm dinner

7:30pm-9pm another position meeting learning plays

9pm-10,10:30 team meeting

lights out in dorms at 11pm

your so tired you have to sleep and you have 0 I mean 0 free time

College football is crazy with the speed changes, sizes, strength of guys. There is no more catching 0-10 yard pass and running it 70yards for a TD. Anyways goodluck to everyone on the next level and God Bless.

Ok, why don't you tell us NXT TOUR, if you know. If not, I'll just post something and you will not be the wiser.  ;)

825723642[/snapback]

I never said that I had the answer I just thought you would since your the walking history book on Coalfield football thumb CyJacket at one time I would really get mad at your post untill I figured you out and I really see alot of your dad in your post your dad was a great teacher and I learned alot under him but it was not untill I got out of school that I figured him out and I don't mean that in any bad way he was a great person as well as a teacher I learned more than just school stuff under him :D