Clarksville Northwest Vs. William Blount

CoachwhoKnows

Northwest is coming off a squeeky week one zero @ Sation Camp Friday Night. The Vikings were able to keep away from flags for most of the night. But two unsportsman-like conduct penalties put Station Camp into scoring position for both of their touchdowns. Will the Vikings be able to keep the flags off the field and William Blount out of the endzone long enough to pull out a win?

CoachwhoKnows

Edited by CoachwhoKnows

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our boys did all the work and did a great job. I cannot tell you how proud of our young men I am today. However, it is in the past and time to prepare for The Govs. They are huge and a very well coached team. I don't see how people think they are so bad because they are in a tough area in the state. It feels good to know we have a opportunity to play someone with the tradition of william blount. What are they looking like this year and what defense do they run? Who are their key players?

Minor mistakes and turnovers kept the Vikings from putting up large numbers on offense. The Viking's looked good and have a win under their belt, and hopefuly a much needed confidence boost.

825723245[/snapback]

The Govs started out like gangbusters scoring on their two opening drives making it look easy against the emotionally drained Sevier County Bears. The Govs then intercepted a pass at their own 10 and ran it back to the Bear 15, but a block in the back nullified the return and pinned them deep in their own territory. After stopping Sev Co the next possession, the Govs ran a punt back 95 yeards for a touchdown;however, it was nullified by a block in the back and once again pinned the Govs deep in their own territory. After that, it was all Sev County. William Blount was to never get back on track. The Bears never gave up, and it paid off for the week zero victory. From 14-0 to a 25-14 loss definitely put the Govs into an emotionally drained state as they prepare for Northwest this week. An interesting note...How will playing a 2:00 Saturday afternoon game be a factor. Can you say..........HOT!!!

What happened to him? What is the weather going to be like on Saturday in Blount County? Will it be sunny, or will it be cloudy? Will it be in the 90's or the 80's, and humid or wet? Not familar with East Tennessee Weather. Will the altitude affect the game any this week. How many of your players go both ways? This is a big game for both schools, but even bigger for west tennessee. The Vikings better strap on the gear because from what I have heard those boys are big, but so was Pearl Cohn last year. Govs fans please share your thoughts. thumb

What happened to him?  What is the weather going to be like on Saturday in Blount County?  Will it be sunny, or will it be cloudy?  Will it be in the 90's or the 80's, and humid or wet?  Not familar with East Tennessee Weather.  Will the altitude affect the game any this week.  How many of your players go both ways?  This is a big game for both schools, but even bigger for west tennessee.  The Vikings better strap on the gear because from what I have heard those boys are big, but so was Pearl Cohn last year.  Govs fans please share your thoughts.  thumb

825724287[/snapback]

Osborne went out late in the 3rd quarter with a minor knee injury but is back. The Govs have a few that play both sides of the football. East Tennessee weather is not much different than your weather in the summer. It is just flat out hot and humid. They are talking that we might get back in the 80's hopefully by the weekend. This is a huge game for the Govs, more emotionally than anything. Last year, they got off to an 0-7 start before winning their last 3. Part of the problem last year was due to their poor start early in the season. Lack of confidence became a big issue. If they can get a win Saturday, it will, I think, send them towards the playoffs with the Senior-filled squadron. A loss will be a huge blow to their minds again and could start a downward spiral.

ET,

Do you have a preference as to which side of the pressbox you'all set up on? I kind of like the BCTV/Visitor's Side better for PA, but if you have a strong preference for that side, I can stay where I am.

- Call me. I've got you some business I think, if you still need some.