Webb at Powell

pacjones

Cody Watts contained. probably 100-150 yards offense. Possibly negitive rushing yards, 2 INTs.

Webb rolls off probably close to 350-400 yards of offense.

Mistakes on both side.

Tough D, when it mattered on both sides.

Mistakes on both sides.

Score: Webb 13

Powell 12

So much for a blow out.

Edited by msgboardsr2fun

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Powell needs to find a new kicker or something thats ridicoulous. "

Bad snap caused the missed field goal. Powell failed the 2 pt conversion the next td.

Webb failed a 2pt conversion as well, trying to extend the lead.

Tho the kicker missed a tough 34 yard field goal with the game on the line, Webb had a bad snap on a FG as well. And fumbled the ball early in game, suffering a 10 yard loss, and preventing a pretty good shot at a FG.

sorry every year webb has to humble u guys. Maybe u guys should be humble..shoot west killed bearden and u guys were calling them the worst team uve ever seen.

it was a good game like i said it was going to be ...i never said who was going to win. Powell doesnt need a new kicker but they should diversify there offense they run like 3 plays- ISO, Counter and boot keep with watts. And they also throw it.

Also hey Panther08 are u #8 lamb the outside linebacker that got ejected?

all u guys that thought two people can win a game are wrong...it takes a team.just like how maryville beat alcoa...its a team..Cody is a great player heck have his good games but u shouldnt rely on watts and smith.

Webb-13

Powell-12

Webb is 2-0 in the tougest region in 4-a...3-0 if believe webb would have beaten halls in all 4 quarters.

For u who say webb doesnt play anybody in the past u are wrong...last year they played teams like -Powell, A-E, McCallie, Alcoa, Baylor, ECS, PjPII, and Baylor...that is one heck of a scheadule last year.

The message people should learn from this game is ....Humility

What happened Panthers?

Y'all didn't beat Webb but the Roadrunners DID beat Fulton. Seems that the Panthers need to worry about themselves and leave everybody else alone! Sorry you had to learn such a hard lesson so early in the season!!!

Good luck in the rest of the season! You guys really can be one of the better teams in the area but "you've got to walk the walk and not just talk the talk!!!"

That display I saw Lee Smith put on at the end of the game showed me the type of person he must be. It's all about him and not the TEAM!

I wondered out loud to a fellow coach I attended the game with as to why he was the only player for Powell who wore white socks all the way up to his knees and had his shoes taped almost completely white as well. Nobody else on the team was dressed this way. It's called a UNIFORM for a reason. Could it be he wanted to stand out and draw attention to himself? This became clearer as the game wore on. He was always the last one on or off the field... by himself, to be noticed I'm sure.

It wasn't until the end of the game that it was crystal clear to me... instead of going through the line and shaking the hand of his opponent, he remained on his sideline on one knee after removing his jersey. Rarely looking up, he did what no other Powell player did... refused to shake hands. Is this a lack of class -or- an "all about me attitude"? Probably both in my opinion.

I'm sure there will be plenty of Powell supporters who come on here and defend his behavior because I don't "know" the kid. Blah, blah, blah... his actions speak louder than words to me.

COCKY! COCKY! COCKY!

Only thing to say about powell, and look what happened. Powell's huge expectations for themselves fall short once again to webb, but this year they talked more smack than i have ever heard in my entire life. But wheres all of their posts today? not seeing any, weird. after all that "powell will destroy webb, they cant handle us, we're too fast and strong, powell -34-webb-13" bullcrap.

I was w/three players from webb last night, and they said that watts was held to negative ten rushing yards. That blows my mind. but oh well, maybe his "number 1 fan" can explain it all for us. I just think this is hilarious tho after reading all of the crap thats been said on here bout this game. i just cant wait to read their excuses too, but im sure theyre too embarassed to post. also, they just talked so much crap about halls when halls lost in the jamboree to webb, but then look what happened. hey, atleast halls won their season opener

Hey Wattsmanfan or whatever the heck your name is, Webb is indeed better than they have been the last two years.  They will give Powell all they can handle on offense, but I don't think Webb's D is up to the task of stopping Watts and co. on defense. 

Powell takes this one 31-14

825722702[/snapback]

ok BHSfootball that why webb did stop Watts (who got his head ripped of by webb's dean smith) and Lee Smith had 2 catches. Webb did an excellant job of stopping Lee Smith and I got a question for you pal what was up with you not shaking hands after the game if your really that poor of a sport and cant take a loss then you should just quit the game cause loosing is part of it. I have a nother comment for Smith after the game when the Webb fans ran on the feild you were telling them to get off your F***ing field yea you just need to cool it and except the fact that yall have lost 3 straight years!!!!

Now back to BHSfootball you can stop talking now cause yall have been embarassed for 4 straight years and now will not play us so yea im pretty sure you have no imput on the forum

LoL Webb will not hold Powell to 14 points. Powell has way too many weapons. Heck West scored 10 points on them and they have absolutely nobody lol. Powell will win handily. Watts will put on a show. Powell by 17 or more

825722548[/snapback]

YOUR right webb held them to only 12 points THE WEBB OFFENSE RAN ALL OVER THE POWELL PANTHERS AND WILL ONLY DO THE SAME NEXT YEAR GO WEBB!!!!!