Webb at Powell

pacjones

those powell fans arent gonna say anything. they r COWARDS. id be embarrassed if i was talking all that stuff to. if i was #1codywattsfan or whatever id crawl under a rock and never come out.

SHOW SOME CLASS WATTS AND SMITH! thats absolutely ridiculous

825729621[/snapback]

I can tell you right now that Powell people are not COWARDS... they are simply spirited people who love their team and want to work em up so they will play a decent game...yeah maybe last night wasnt a great game and things could have turned out alot better but maybe it was meant to be this way so they will realize that this season is not going to be handed to them on a silver platter... They have to work and I think that this was just motivation...Cody and Lee are awesome and people hate them for that...they will show u all up next friday night against Lenior City!!! :(

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

easy chick we never thought it was gonna be handed to us but we did under estimate the spartans.

For Cody and Lee not to shake hands after the game wasn't the best thing they could have done but i can promise it wasn't because they weren't man enough to admit that we got beat it wsa because they were hurting like all of us were. We didn't play like we are capable of and we were disappointed in ourselves. This is gut check time really early in the season and congrats to Webb on a big time big time W.

I would like to say that Cody and Lee were in the team meeting after the game so i dont know who said that they weren't there but i promise u they were.

And finally take nothing away from the coaching staff at Powell High School. They are some of the finest men that your ever likely to meet and they preach and preach to us that our character comes ahead of our talent and our football goals. They are more interested in us as men then they are as football players. Now I'm not saying that there aren't discipline issues that need to be addressed but i can assure you that those problems are in no way a reflection of the coaching staff or the job that they do.

ok its like this webb out played powell. we were cocky and it bit us in the but. all i hear on this is the blame on cody and lee and its not like that at all. it was a TEAM lost, not just two guys giive them a break. you say there cocky but name one football player that isnt just a little cocky you have to be to play the game. it was a tough game. back to the kicking game there is no 1 persone to blame. we'll bounce back hopefully.

ok its like this webb out played powell.  we were cocky and it bit us in the but.  all i hear on this is the blame on cody and lee and its not like that at all.  it was a TEAM lost, not just two guys giive them a break.  you say there cocky but name one football player that isnt just a little cocky you have to be to play the game. it was a tough game. back to the kicking game there is no 1 persone to blame. we'll bounce back hopefully.

825730402[/snapback]

I realize that it is a team loss...but not many powell people prior to the game were talkin bout many people besides Lee and Cody, so thats why they are gettin ripped, i think. And i think it is safe to say that Cody is a little more than cocky considering that he told the Webb student section during the west game, "Wait til next week, yur gonna see me, #1, in the endzone all night." And u dont have to be cocky to play football. Being confident is fine...there is a difference. I think Powell will have a really good season, and I feel sorry for Lenoir City next Friday with them coming off this Webb loss.

ok folks heres a powell fan that said nothing before the game! to be perfectly honest with you i thought this one would turn out this way

08 if your lamb id be apologising to my teamates for leaving them shorthanded because you lost your temper

cody and lee its about T-E-A-M no other way around it! its not about you

its about the all of you! hence team

i see guys like thrower and lakin and yes the young kicker hanson giving it there all without asking for recognition

i hesitate to mention even those because the kids that go to practice everyday just to wear that jersey on friday nights far outway thos whose have other agendas than T-E-A-M

grow up and play football guys just play football its a T-E-A- M SPORT

Edited by robpride

and by the way if wanna talk about coaches not teaching ur kids class lets talk about the webb coaches. Our LB's were getting cut in C gap which is outside the tackle box...not legal our pulling guards were getting cut on counter...not legal. And the sickest thing i ever saw our wedgebuster got cut on kickoff which is just plain dirty forget that its not legal.

ok BHSfootball that why webb did stop Watts (who got his head ripped of by webb's dean smith) and Lee Smith had 2 catches. Webb did an excellant job of stopping Lee Smith and I got a question for you pal what was up with you not shaking hands after the game if your really that poor of a sport and cant take a loss then you should just quit the game cause loosing is part of it. I have a nother comment for Smith after the game when the Webb fans ran on the feild you were telling them to get off your F***ing field yea you just need to cool it and except the fact that yall have lost 3 straight years!!!!

Now back to BHSfootball you can stop talking now cause yall have been embarassed for 4 straight years and now will not play us so yea im pretty sure you have no imput on the forum

825729530[/snapback]

I was wrong. Webb definitely impressed me.

As to why we won't play you.....oh yeah, we dropped you and picked up CENTRAL!! We're not scared to play good teams.

And why would that merit that I have no input on this forum? Go shove it man.

panther08,

Ur right those blocks are illegal. Isn't it the job of the officials to call illegal things in a game.

Next thing we find out from all of the Powell hopeful is that Webb coaches paid the officials not to call it right.

STILL WONDERING WHERE H-T-V IS - must be in disguise, specially since he has sung the praises of the Smith family and all of the good things they have done at Powell.

htv, guess now you will talk to Lee about his sportmanship award - he really learned from the soke bomb incident.

Hope Fulmer takes his scholarship award -- no he will fit right in at TN.

nuff said,

bbs

Well, after what I saw last Friday at the Webb/West game Powell will handle Webb rather easy. West has one of the worst football teams I have seen and Webb by no means dominated them. Webb is not as good as they have been the two previous years, they will struggle this year. Webb will have a hard time stopping Cody Watts, Lee Smith,  Jay Courtney, and Brandon Thrower. Not to mention the big D Linemen that will dominate this season John Bruhin. Powell has way too much this year and probably the best all around Quarterback in East TN, I say  Powell wins by atleast 17

Powell 35

Webb  7

825722533[/snapback]

NICE CALL ON THAT SCORE. YOUR BOY WATTS BETTER BE ABLE TO PUT UP ATLEAST 30 WHEN YOU RUN INTO MY BOBCATS. HOW DO YOU LOSE WITH A LINE THAT IS 300 LBS AVG. OH YOU NEED TO ANWSER THAT ? NOT PREDICT YOU GAME SCORES :)

Edited by bobcat4life

panther08,

Ur right those blocks are illegal.  Isn't it the job of the officials to call illegal things in a game.

Next thing we find out from all of the Powell hopeful is that Webb coaches paid the officials not to call it right.

STILL WONDERING WHERE  H-T-V IS - must be in disguise, specially since he has sung the praises of the Smith family and all of the good things they have done at Powell.

htv, guess now you will talk to Lee about his sportmanship award - he really learned from the soke bomb incident.

Hope Fulmer takes his scholarship award -- no he will fit right in at TN.

nuff said,

bbs

825730831[/snapback]

Sorry Bobby. I'm right here. I've had better things over the last 36 hours or so to do than argue with you. I've got relatives i'm a bit concerned about on the Gulf Coast right now.

Contgrats to Webb. They played great and won the game.

So, a couple of players didn't shake hands with the opposition. So what? That's not the first time, nor will it be the last.

I don't know why. I haven't asked.