Heard On the Court...

TheGreatLineJudge

Kinda' on the same line of thought,

The Coach's Top 10:

10. It's allright/that's okay...We got this!

9. Setter's back row/front row

8. Reach higher/elbow higher

7. Close the block!

6. Watch the dump!

5. Get low!

4. TIP!!!

3. FREE!!!

2. FOCUS!!!

1. The grandest vb cliche' of all time....MOVE YOUR FEET!!

"Dude, we have GOT to get better!" --- as heard at a middle school game last night!

Play4,

I have thought about your quote 4 times today and laughed every time, it is so real.

Most think I am crazy but I think we are all crazy to talk about momentum in volleyball ...as if momentum is a real force in the universe ...strong force, weak force, gravity, whatever that other one was, and momentum! Momentum, the mysterious force that can either fill your sails or immobolize you if it decides to defeat you!

"..and then momentum swung against us.."

"They got the momentum and there was nothing we could do."

"We carried the momentum into game 3"

"We've got to get the momentum back!"

"Dude, we have GOT to get better!" --- as heard at a middle school game last night!

LOL

825724521[/snapback]

Haha, that one is great! :rolleyes: Well, what we usually say on the court isn't hilarious, but occasionally it will get funny when our words get jumbled up! Here's some that we say out on the court:

1. Let's go ladies, let's pull it together right here!

2. All we need is bump, set, spike- let's go!

3. Stay focused!

4. Squeeze the middle!

5. FREE!

6. Stay down!

7. Move your feet!

8. Come on (player's name), swing your arm down!

9. Keep your arms out!

10. Hustle!

• 3 weeks later...

Here's some real gems from this week...

-"Come on girls, WIN!" (Loss in 3... 25-12, 25-13, 25-20)

-"JUMP BALL!" From a fan in the crowd, after a double net foul resulted in a replay (not a jump ball!)

And my personal favorite...

-After hitting the serve with her thumb and the ball made it maybe 1/3 of the way across the serving side of the court, "Oh GOSH!" That made me grin, but 10 seconds later, right before the other side was going to serve, the same girl said, "Can we like rewind or something?" I completely lost it!

Here's some real gems from this week...

-"Come on girls, WIN!" (Loss in 3... 25-12, 25-13, 25-20)

-"JUMP BALL!" From a fan in the crowd, after a double net foul resulted in a replay (not a jump ball!)

And my personal favorite...

-After hitting the serve with her thumb and the ball made it maybe 1/3 of the way across the serving side of the court, "Oh GOSH!" That made me grin, but 10 seconds later, right before the other side was going to serve, the same girl said, "Can we like rewind or something?" I completely lost it!

825744675[/snapback]

That is so funny! Definatley somthing that would have come outta my mouth when I was playin!!

Here's one heard from the stands at one of my volleyball games a few years back:

"Come on girls, you're the Tigerettes.........growl a little bit!!"

PRICELESS

Announcements